RELEASED: Build 33

RobertJohnson

33.8 seems better so far. 

However, a minor sound issue cropped up after converting a modded game (running the pheonix community map)

I fought zombies until High Exertion, and then something happened to the sound-- the player  char. seems to be making the "high exerted" panting/grunt sound on a loop. I've tried exiting the game, and it did not improve.

You can end the sound loop by resting adequately, but it will return next time you get to high exertion.

I am happy to submit a savegame to explore the situation.

33.8 seems better so far. 

However, a minor sound issue cropped up after converting a modded game (running the pheonix community map)

I fought zombies until High Exertion, and then something happened to the sound-- the player  char. seems to be making the "high exerted" panting/grunt sound on a loop. I've tried exiting the game, and it did not improve.

You can end the sound loop by resting adequately, but it will return next time you get to high exertion.

I am happy to submit a savegame to explore the situation.

I'm having that very same issue on Solo, and it's highly-game breaking as it's so annoying and ear-raep'n that I simply can't use my headphones. 

I've noticed (around the construction area in WP) that there's this generator like sound, but, no generator to be found and it only seems to appear when in moderate-high exertion, it blocks out the panting but I did hear some panting at the end of it. Not sure if it's directly related to the high exertion sound effect being loud but it is pretty major. It sounds like a really loud fridge humming, plus a generator. It's very weird, but it may be the high exertion one (I just thought that was related to the breathless sound being loud, not this sound.)

Edit: Hearing it in more detail it's definitely the high exertion already reported, so ignore all above.

Also, is it intended to be able to run 5 straight hours in-game without getting moderate-high exertion? I had only an empty gas can on me plus pen and paper and the original items (clothes).

So ive found a pretty poopy bug, I usually set my sandbox setting for alarms to extremely rare and so i proceed to start looting some buildings on a fresh character and 9 out of 10 buildings had an alarm on it, at first I thought it was bad luck (even though i have lucky on my character haha) but then i changed my sandbox setting for the alarms to 'never", started new, first house i got to, opened the window and a alarm went off lol. Has anyone else been having this issue? one other thing is while outside running the rain started up except i couldn't hear the raining sound, so far thats it, Ill look for more while i'm at it, if i don't die from alarms first :I I hate them sooo much lol

So ive found a pretty poopy bug, I usually set my sandbox setting for alarms to extremely rare and so i proceed to start looting some buildings on a fresh character and 9 out of 10 buildings had an alarm on it, at first I thought it was bad luck (even though i have lucky on my character haha) but then i changed my sandbox setting for the alarms to 'never", started new, first house i got to, opened the window and a alarm went off lol. Has anyone else been having this issue? one other thing is while outside running the rain started up except i couldn't hear the raining sound, so far thats it, Ill look for more while i'm at it, if i don't die from alarms first :I I hate them sooo much lol

I've noticed it too........something is up, because i had about 10 houses in a row have alarms.

Iam dowloading now the new update, just for the question, is the escape key bug also fixed?

I wasnt able to end my last game, i needed to close the game from the window tab.

Also i wasnt able to use the return key at all ;(

Edit;

Now all key short cuts works like a charm again, thanks for the hotfix (clyde)

IWBUMS 33.9 released (apologies to anyone who got cut living life on the bleeding edge):

• Fixed heavy-breathing sound effect, lowered volume, still annoying?
  • Fixed Crafting UI bug with unknown item types.
  • Fixed server crash with generator sounds.
  • Fixed every building being alarmed.

The heavy breathing is still annoying, but I think its a fitting punishment if you don't let you character rest (plus, it can be a dangerous distraction when your trying to listen for other sounds).

IWBUMS 33.9 released (apologies to anyone who got cut living life on the bleeding edge):

• Fixed heavy-breathing sound effect, lowered volume, still annoying?
  • Fixed Crafting UI bug with unknown item types.
  • Fixed server crash with generator sounds.
  • Fixed every building being alarmed.

SOUND WHEN THAT WAS STARTED I HAD FOUND MY COMPUTER HAD BROKEN! Good thing the volume down

Something may have happened to the volume of meta events on zombies. I've been having gunshots go off and the zeds just remained motionless.

Yup! i'm having the same issue, I do have thumping zeds on false, however they do sometimes still thump on windows and doors due to meta events but meh, i'm not too worried about that so much.

But I wanted to say thank you guys for adding in the option for thumpin zeds, I don't know if you all have noticed this the way I have, but with thumping set to false, you guys have created a HUGE since of fear when I play now haha. Just sitting in my safe house, and all I hear is moans outside, movement in the trees, its actually frighting because one slip up of running, opening a door, taking something off my shelves/crates could trigger one of them to finding me. and because all my blinds are closed I cannot see where they exactly are  or exactly how many are around me. its absolutely amazing!!! I love it!!! I find it more realistic now because how would a zombie know I'm inside this house when I'm not making any sounds or looking through my windows ect. but anyways thanks guys for making seriously the best zombie game I've ever played :)