RELEASED: Build 33

RobertJohnson

I haven't actually experienced it in-game yet, but why would a helicopter just circle around you and then leave when you enter a building? Unless it was going to drop supplies or pick you up, this feature just seems illogical to me. I'm certain fuel for a helicopter isn't so easily found in a zombie apocalypse that the pilots are able to just follow around people for fun. These pilots must have something to do other than burn up fuel while getting random people killed.

Clearly, some enterprising country-folk crop dusters stoll a few choppers and are having a laugh.

Can someone Message me and Give me a walkthrough on how to update server to 33? (Not the IMBUS version) just the regular new version. I updated through stmcmd with app_update 380870 validate. Wiped my servertest.ini files and deleted my profile for my character to do a reset, and nothing. Still getting a (running different versions error, you are running 32.30 and PZ is 33.13

TCO

Build 33.14 released:

• Fixed tiny campfire inventory icon.
  • Fixed corrupted public server list display (white lines etc).
  • Fixed zombies thumping objects through walls.
  • Fixed carpentry door tile properties so they don't fade out when behind them.
  • Fixed sound-related exception when player's current square is null.
  • Fixed sound being mute for coop players.
  • Fixed sound being muted after disconnecting from a server.
  • Server's Map= INI setting causes map files to be loaded from the listed folders only, ignoring Lots= lines in map.info files. This only happens if more than one map folder is listed.  So if you have more than one map folder listed, you may need to explicitly add "Muldraugh, KY" to the list.
  • Fixed exception if a mod (ORGM) overrides WeaponUpgrades Lua table.
  • Increased zombie thump sound radius.
  • Fixed invisible admins making footstep sounds heard by zombies.
  • Don't dampen alarm sounds in the same building the alarm is coming from.
  • Fixed packet overflow sending map_meta.bin to clients when the server uses many maps.

I'm not sure if this is a game or solely mp bug, but yesterday when placing flags on a player built wall, they would soon disappear and never be seen again! This also happened with some hardwood floor I stole from the tavern and used in the player built base.

I played the version 33.13 and find the new sound is very smooth and much better than the old sound. I also tried moving furniture and i can even take off floorings :) very nice. Also tried removing some bulbs and fitting in colored one :). The TV gives a lot of lore on the game and i like it but the bored moodlet keeps intterupting my TV sessions :( have not noticed the corpse effect on my health yet (maybe because they are outside on the sunstar hotel entrance)

Tried removing stains on sunstar hotel 2nd floor by removing the tile and then putting it back but the stain returns.

The only complain i have is sometime i heard wind sound even when inside a closed room with no open window.

I tried playing just now and it says its updating on steam :P

Before submitting a report in the bug tracker, I have a question to ask.

When you pick a piece of furniture up and drop it from the inventory, it becomes tiny like any object left on the ground. It does not get back into place the way it would with the moveables system. Bug or intentional?

When you pick a piece of furniture up and drop it from the inventory, it becomes tiny like any object left on the ground. It does not get back into place the way it would with the moveables system. Bug or intentional?

You need to use the placement function, rather than dropped from inventory

You need to use the placement function, rather than dropped from inventory

This is the exact point of my question x)

I know it works using the moveables system, but I don't think you should be able to "drop" furniture like that. That's why I'm asking if it's intentional.

In the 33.14 Build, at certain occasions the Locking Sound doesn't play when you lock doors that are positioned at a certain angle while the player is on one side of the door. In the image below shows the position wherein it doesn't trigger the locking sound. Although if I go outside this door and lock it from the outside, the sound plays. All other doors lock with the locking sound.

pvgD78O.jpg

If this is a issue that only affects me, let me know too so I can further diagnose whether it's because of the game or only my PC.

I can't find the translation debug exe anymore, did I miss something? I hoped I could work on the French translation this afternoon, but so far... I'm screwed.

I personally reported this to RJ some time ago.

Your ProjectZomboid32.bat should look like that:

@setlocal enableextensions
@cd /d "%~dp0"
SET PZ_CLASSPATH=jinput.jar;lwjgl.jar;lwjgl_util.jar;sqlite-jdbc-3.8.10.1.jar;uncommons-maths-1.2.3.jar;./
".\jre\bin\java.exe" -Dzomboid.steam=1 -Dzomboid.znetlog=1 -Xms768m -Xmx768m -Djava.library.path=./ -cp %PZ_CLASSPATH% zombie.gameStates.MainScreenState -debugtranslation
PAUSE

and you're good to go.

I have the same issue. I tried to edit the.bat file as you suggested but this doesn't work... any suggestion?

I can't find the translation debug exe anymore, did I miss something? I hoped I could work on the French translation this afternoon, but so far... I'm screwed.

-snip-

I have the same issue. I tried to edit the.bat file as you suggested but this doesn't work... any suggestion?

Erm, worked fine for me. Can you be more specific than "this doesn't work"? Anything being launched? Nothing? An error message?

First guess, make sure the syntax is correct, and that you're launching the translation debug from the common/ProjectZomboid directory. If your .bat isn't here, it won't work.

-snip-

Erm, worked fine for me. Can you be more specific than "this doesn't work"? Anything being launched? Nothing? An error message?

First guess, make sure the syntax is correct, and that you're launching the translation debug from the common/ProjectZomboid directory. If your .bat isn't here, it won't work.

Yeah sorry: I don't have the translation debug file anymore, so I edited the ProjectZomboid32.bat, saved and left it in the same directory. Nothing is launched and I don't get any error message. Then I tried to launch PZ from Steam, exit it but the translation debug isn't there.

EDIT:

Solved. I was expecting a .exe file like before, but launching the .bat file worked as the debugger.

Time to go to work! (in every sense -.-)

Edited by d00de

I started playing when the game version was B28 or B29 (I forget). Since I've been here, I can say that, in my opinion, this is the single best update that y'all have released. GREAT JOB!!! I'll be diving in soon. Looks like CoD: BlOps 3 will have to wait! :D

I'm new to Build 33: currently 33.14 and I never played IWBUMS versions. My mind is blown: this build is fantastic! I've looked through this thread and done some searches but can't find an answer to my question.

Should I be able to choose the initial scenarios? I only have a choice, survival, and it's obviously not survival: the power is one, horde seems moderate, and I always start in the same house. 

EDIT: Oh yeah, I initially loaded a saved game from 32 and I *did* come across a boarded up trailer. I think that character was a week and few days old. (May she rest in peace)

Is this normal or is a my game being wonky?  Thanks!

EDIT: Oh dear god. K, that's "fixed." It is a bug, but a very minor one and easy to get around. I love that it forced me to play hardcore in spite of my wishing to try out "normal." Wow, now that I've been able to try normal, it feels like cheating! Lol

Build 33.14 released:

• Fixed tiny campfire inventory icon.

While the campfire was fixed, the icons of all those objects with ''Device Options'' show in said window are still small.

And btw, while the main problem with the moving sinks and toilets was fixed, Water Fountains still stop working if you  move them...

is it just me or is the night are more darker now in this build. I used to be able to loot at night without the lights on but now its very dark and i cannot see anything unless i use some light source (this is very nice change)

The zombie body type is also changed i think i saw really fat zombie (maybe i just didnt notice before) but i think this new zombie variety is non existant in build 32. (Cool change as well, although i think fatter zombie should be harder to kill than skinny ones, or maybe thats already inside the programming im not too sure)

There is a change in temperature too before its always hot (my setting is always at sandbox warm climate) and i usually have to resort to wear nothing, not even a vest, but i still keep my skirt on (running half naked feels morally wrong for me :( ) now i feel cold even on warm setting (i use pants and sweater all the time now which is better than running with bra and skirt)

i also notice a file that hinted at a revamp in the UI that might make equipped item have its own gear page :P

For the duration of build 33 IWBUMS it seemed that all the meta events save the helicopter were not a proper "object" in the world that emits a zombie magnet sound like the helicopter does because zombies never reacted to anything but the helicopter in my experience... They just idled around as usual after a gunshot/scream/bark/whatever. I never reported it as a bug because I assumed they just weren't properly implemented yet, and unfortunately it seems to be the case in the live build too.

I know I'm not just imagining this because NoMIS pointed this out quite a few times in his hardcore survival playthrough.

I just installed the game on my work computer (shh!), and I'm having trouble with the inventory box. The items listed in the containers overlap the container icons on the right side of the box so I can't click on the individual containers. Expanding/resizing the inventory box doesn't help. I have to position myself perfectly so I can access each individual container. It makes looting kitchen cabinets and warehouse crates very difficult. I haven't tried out build 33 on my home PC yet, not sure if its some setting on my work computer screwing with it. Anyone else seen this?

Edit: Figured it out. I play the game windowed, if the game starts in a smaller window it throws off the layout of the inventory box and causes the listed items to overlap the icons for the containers. Restarting the game with a full-size window fixed it.

Hmmm having an issue with the carpet, when i put it on wood floor, the carpet is placed under it :/ but i think is a known glitch , and yes water fountain still not working atm, maybe it should just have a certain amout of avaiable water like rain barrels ?

I reported this in the tracker, its kind of a weird bug, you can see the floorboards over whatever you place as you return to where you place them.

Hmmm having an issue with the carpet, when i put it on wood floor, the carpet is placed under it :/ but i think is a known glitch , and yes water fountain still not working atm, maybe it should just have a certain amout of avaiable water like rain barrels ?

I reported this in the tracker, its kind of a weird bug, you can see the floorboards over whatever you place as you return to where you place them.

yeah, maybe the problem is to put a wooden floor first ?