Blind Trait Mod - Play a Blind character

Onkeen

Hi all ! I am here to show you my second mod for Zomboid, this time, it's a trait mod that will allow you to play a blind character !  :-D

Soon, the game will feature 5.1 sound and much more ambiant sounds like zombies footsteps, etc... So I decided to give you the ability to play a blind character, to focus more on sounds. I think this mod will be way more interesting when the new update will hit  ;-)

Mod First Release 1.0

qEYLXoo.png

Features :

- You can pick a new trait that allows you to play a blind character

- The blind player has a really tiny "seeing" sight where you can see zombies even behind you

- You can't de-zoom + everytime you look away the screen gets darker (keep your cursor close to your player while sneaking !)

- You have excellent hearing

Troubleshooting and planed features :

- Doesn't work in local co-op (sorry... It's planned)

- Black and White vision with shaders is also planned

Changelog :

Version 1.0 (release)
- New Trait to play a blind character

Workshop Link :

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=546189296

Pz-Mods Link :

http://pz-mods.net/gameplay/blindtraitmod/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Feedback is appreciated, Blind trait is currently a +15 Trait, but I think it's a bit tiny, I may increase it to 18, what do you think ?

On a side note: Aren't shaders only over-writable? I don't remember any modding api for shaders.

Yup, you're right, my shader black an white is ready but I can't manage to aply it only to player with Blind trait, so I did'nt added it yet, I need to find a way  :???:

On a side note: Aren't shaders only over-writable? I don't remember any modding api for shaders.

Yup, you're right, my shader black an white is ready but I can't manage to aply it only to player with Blind trait, so I did'nt added it yet, I need to find a way  :???:

I was interested in doing a shader API for the game (Like what would be it's brother, ModelLoader). I just didn't see real interest in this at the time. 

Any OpenGL instance can be ran through more than one shader, so being able to cancel default and add one wouldn't be too much to add.

Wow, that's impressive, that guy is riding a bike  :eek: I didn't know blind people could do such things !

If you have tryed the mod, you can try to detect zombies or houses by holding CTRL / RMB and putting your sight away, you can see at 5-10 meters but the screen gets darker if you do so, so it forces you to focus back on your character. I use it to check around my house or anticipate zombies groups. 

For example, when I hear that zombies are on the north-west corner, I give furtive looks that way to anticipate the number of the threat, but playing this mod without headphones is really harsh !  :-)

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 4 months later...