Dragons?

madcat768

In the most recent dev article released on [9/14/15] it was hinted that there indeed would be a dragon(s) in PZ. I don't know if this is just some inside joke but if its true i feel strongly against it. 

I made a post on the steam forums which may have been taken down about the same issue, for what reason, i dont know maybe it was too harsh. If so, i apologize.  

Here we have a game which you combat the common cold. Which potentially will display nutrition and calorie count intake. Soon possibly a very indepth medical system will be implemented. All set in the real world plagued by zombies. No special zombies, just zombies. We have people arguing over walking and running zombies, depth perception. With research done to back it up in the real world. This is a hardcore zombie survival game, dragons to me, very obviously do not belong in the base game. Why should they when even zombie animals are not allowed (which is fine with me).

Sure some people might want dragons just like they want thomas the train in skyrim. Or maybe helms deep in left4dead2. Modders can handle it but I don't think it should be in the base game. Unless the game world changes to fit having a dragon involved. LIke having magical shotgun rounds and being able to use spell scrolls. Hey! I am up for that! But the game as planned, does not in anyway seem to fit with dragons. And to me, does not fit with the Romero/Brooks zombie lore as it does not mention dragons anywhere. 

MY SUGGESTION, if dragons decide to crash the party the game world should be a game world which grants the dragons more of a right to be there, spells, other fantasy creatures and specific items to do with trapping dragons and some specific radio message to tie it all together. And it would be great, just as long as it makes more sense. 

Ok I'm really confused???

The game is called 'Project Zomboid'

ZOM-

Is the name of a marvel comics character. A gigantic semi-humanoid demon/mystic entity. Depicted as having flaming hands and head.

BOID-

The family of snake that the Boa constrictor belongs to.

Zomboid = Demon/Snake = Dragon

The game is practically called Project Dragon!!!

What I want to know is why there are zombies in the game?

:P

Late to the party here, but dragons are definitely not something you can expect in this game.

I could be wrong, but this could be a reference to the ongoing development joke that plenty games do following the phrase "Here be dragons".

Basically the phrase refers to uncharted map territory, in olden times of sea exploration.

In video games, the easter eggs involve the player exploring far past the intended play area.

One recent 'top-of-my-mind' example I can think of is Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, where if you took a boat to the map boundaries in the uppermost corners, you would eventually reach a sign saying "Here be dragons".

If you are looking at the map of any game and see "dragons" in the far most regions of the map, that phrase is what they are referring to.

It's a codeword for NPCs, because NPCs are taboo.

Here is where I saw it first and where I think it originated.

Oh, it's much older than that. :-D

Did it ever occur in an old mondoid ?

I believe the first mentions were on the old forums, before mondoids. Back at V1.5d and earlier.

Good times.

It was around the time RoberJohnson joined the team, around build RC1 or RC2 i believe? (October 2012 i think), so yeah it comes either from 2012 (old fourms) and has survived until now.

I am sure that if we could export 3D models with working animations and AI twerking, we would have an Dragon mod right now. 

It's a codeword for NPCs, because NPCs are taboo.

Here is where I saw it first and where I think it originated.

Oh, it's much older than that. :-D

Did it ever occur in an old mondoid ?

I believe the first mentions were on the old forums, before mondoids. Back at V1.5d and earlier.

Good times.

It was around the time RoberJohnson joined the team, around build RC1 or RC2 i believe? (October 2012 i think), so yeah it comes either from 2012 (old fourms) and has survived until now.

I am sure that if we could export 3D models with working animations and AI twerking, we would have an Dragon mod right now. 

I feel so left out that I never got to experience the old forums

• 1 month later...