Secondhand Loots - Randomize Condition and Fill level of loot!

blindcoder

Hey BC, just tried putting this mod (0.8.3) on my server, and I ran in to an issue.

When I first went on the server everything was working fine, I had a few partially used items (disinfectants, twine, duct tape etc) so I picked them all up in to my inventory so that they would combine to create full units and save myself some weight in the containers. It worked perfectly.

However once I went looting in the city (possibly placing my base outside loaded chunks?) and came back to my base I discovered every single drainable item was reduced to 1 use.

Instead of having 5 full duct tape and 1 half roll, I had 6 rolls all with 1 use.

If you think it's something on my end I would be happy to hear if you know any fixes or what might be causing the problem.

Just wanted to let you know in case it's a bug, because I really like the idea behind this mod but I've had to remove it as it effectively deleted all my drainable items.

I couldn't find anything like that in the file, although I did notice that when I signed out and in again on the server the 6 units of twine I had picked up (which got combined into 1 unit with about 40% left) was reduced again to 1 unit with 1 use.

I will try going back to the same area in town and coming back to base and letting you know if I find anything.

Also that response was crazy quick. Thanks.

Well I just ran back to the same place and then back to my base and I still couldn't see anything like what you mentioned in the console files. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

Edited by kibuza

Decided to try and head back to an older base in a different town, and all my drainable items were fine, but again after condensing them in my inventory, placing them back in their containers and then leaving the area and returning all were reduced to 0 again.

In my last comment I said they were reduced to 1 use left, but it seems they are actually completely empty. I tried to pick them up again and they just simply disappear.

Decided to try and head back to an older base in a different town, and all my drainable items were fine, but again after condensing them in my inventory, placing them back in their containers and then leaving the area and returning all were reduced to 0 again.

In my last comment I said they were reduced to 1 use left, but it seems they are actually completely empty. I tried to pick them up again and they just simply disappear.

Okay, that will help in bug hunting, thanks!

I actually had that error before the 0.8.3 release and thought it fixed, but I only tested in single player.

• 2 weeks later...

Suggestion: can you please make cans of paint combine themselves :)

EDIT:

And cologne as well.

EDIT 2:

Gas cans as well.

Paint should combine already.

Cologne is not a Drainable (has no "Remaining" indicator) and thus can't be combined.

Gas cans are expressly disabled, because you have the empty gas can when it's used up and there's no sane way to handle every "Replace on empty" case.

• 4 months later...

Just a notice:

Even though the latest version of PZ has item condition randomisation built-in now, it is very rudimentary.

The way this mod handles randomisation (and combination of partially-empty items) is a lot more sophisticated, taking into consideration:

- zombie density level

- perks (Lucky/Unlucky)

- item type minimum condition

So this mod is by no way obsolete. Just bumping my own topic :-)

Hello i have a suggestion. For stuff inside display cases and stores might be always set to perfect condition to make it realistic. Eg hardware store stuff always mint condition but house stuff gets randomisation. What do you think?

That's a good idea.

It kinda depends on your setting, though. Some things break down with age and without being taken care of. OTOH if it's just barely into the apocalypse, things in stores should really be in better condition than things that have been in use or collecting dust in homes for noone knows how long.

I guess a good chance (say, between 25-33%) that things in stores are mint condition would be okay. I'll go and check how I'd go about that.