RELEASED: IWBUMS 32.20

EasyPickins

HOW DO I GET THIS?
http://theindiestone...my-save-branch/

Steam Workshop:

There's a new "Workshop" button in the main menu screen.  That takes you to a screen where you can upload mods to Spiffo's Workshop.  Look in your user Zomboid\Workshop\ModTemplate folder for an example of how to arrange your files for uploading.

Steam Multiplayer:

There is now a proper anonymous dedicated server that can be installed and updated using SteamCMD.  This is a separate Steam application.  Here is an example of the commands you might use to install/update a server on Windows using SteamCMD:

login anonymous force_install_dir C:\PZServerapp_update 380870 -beta iwillbackupmysave -betapassword <password> -validatequit

Steam servers require two additional ports to function (I'm guessing they are both UDP ports, but you may need TCP as well).  These are in addition to the DefaultPort= setting.  These can be specified in two ways:

• In the server's INI file as SteamPort1= and SteamPort2=.
  • Using command-line options -steamport1 and -steamport2.

Steam versus Non-Steam:

You will see "(Steam)" next to the version number in the main-menu screen when running a Steam-enabled client.  Steam-enabled clients can only connect to Steam-enabled servers.  Servers still require an account username and password, however be aware that you are logged into the server using your Steam account credentials.  Other players can see your Steam avatar and profile name in the scoreboard regardless of the server username you choose.

Steam Broadcasting:

This allows other people to watch you play.  Open the Steam Overlay, click Settings, click the Broadcasting tab, then click the link at the top beside "Broadcast Status" to start a broadcast.  There may be an easier way.

Other changes:

• Updated LWJGL (OpenGL library) to version 2.9.3.
  • ComboBox dropdown list is now a ScrollingListBox.  This fixes things like the languages combobox going offscreen.
  • Disable "mouse look" after the player dies.  If the player died while right-clicking, the view sometimes got stuck to the mouse pointer.
  • Fixed movement-speed bug with multiple fractured/injured body parts. (Issue #001997)
  • Added tabs to the Options screen and controller-enabled most of it.
  • Added new volume controls to the Audio options.
  • Double-tapping the Start button on a controller goes to the main menu.  In multiplayer, a single press goes to the main menu (since there's no pause).  Pressing Start again in the main menu returns to the game.
  • Fixed "Smash Window" doing multiple attacks per animation against barricades.
  • Fixed transfering all recipe items marked 'keep' from other containers when crafting.
  • Campfire/tent actions take items from surrounding containers.
  • Allow walls and door frames to be built when the player is standing on the same square.
  • Don't show inventory-window buttons overtop the column header.
  • Refresh containers in inventory/loot windows after building or destroying something. (Issue #002007)
  • Fixed two carpentry windows forming a SE corner not blocking movement. (Issue #002022)
  • Fixed carpentry window frames not blocking zombie migration/respawning.
  • Fixed fake-dead zombies doing damage when the player is not in front of the zombie.
  • Added 24-hour / 12-hour clock option.
  • Fixed missing ">" character in ServerWelcomeMessage breaking chat and other things.
  • Don't allow "|" in save-folder names (not allowed on Windows).
  • Fixed joypad trigger/d-pad buttons conflicting with other buttons.  Usually the triggers and d-pad are treated as a single axis, but on some controllers they are individual buttons.
  • Added -ip server commandline option to handle multiple network cards.

There are probably a bunch of other questions that need answering, just ask them in this thread.

I added some mods to Workshop, please let me know if they work as I have zero Idea what I'm doing... I'm not much of a steam guy.

I tried your More Hair Colors mod and it seems to work.

Thank you for checking it, I'll upload my other mods over the next few days (After I properly bugtest the ones that might have problems with the new build). Hopefully, this workshop integration will make the modding scene explode with content! Good job guys.

Also, my mods will always be available off steam, just saying, I'll do my best to keep all my mods updated everywhere.

Fixed two carpentry windows forming a SE corner not blocking movement. (Issue #002022)

oi! So ya, i just got done spending a month healing up from 2 broken ankles, then discovered this bug and started the month healing spree again, LOL.

nice that ya got a 12/24 hour option in now.

Workshop Question, is it possible to have mods that require other mods? (Plug-ins for other mods that replace some functionality basically) Having them only show up if you have the required mod? If not, is there a way for a mod to have options?

Workshop Question, is it possible to have mods that require other mods? (Plug-ins for other mods that replace some functionality basically) Having them only show up if you have the required mod? If not, is there a way for a mod to have options?

On the Workshop page for your item, on the right click "Add/Remove Required Items".

Also in your mod.info file, add a line "require=OtherModID".

So we have to use the Steamcmd to get the server files now?  We can no longer use the game and the game files itself to host the servers?

You can install the server through Steam > Library > Tools > Project Zomboid Dedicated Server.

You don't have to use steamcmd.  Just make sure you use the iwillbackupmysavebranch for now.

I think it'll work as well from the game directory using a .bat file (on Windows)

Actually it won't as it requires some other files that are only included with the server.

So we have to use the Steamcmd to get the server files now?  We can no longer use the game and the game files itself to host the servers?

You can install the server through Steam > Library > Tools > Project Zomboid Dedicated Server.

I do not know why, I did not find Project Zomboid Dedicated Server tools

I do not know why, I did not find Project Zomboid Dedicated Server tools

I seem to be having the same problem.

You don't have to use steamcmd.  Just make sure you use the iwillbackupmysavebranch for now.

I think it'll work as well from the game directory using a .bat file (on Windows)

Actually it won't as it requires some other files that are only included with the server.

I got it through the SteamCMD, right now at least i didnt see it in that dedicated server tool list. 

Ive done all of this, installed the pz server via steamcmd, went in edits my .ini files added those steam ports to open ports, checked in firewall. When players try to connect.  "Connection Failed"   The server is running i see it in the console.  

I don't see your server in the Steam server browser.  Maybe post the end of your server console text.

Ive done all of this, installed the pz server via steamcmd, went in edits my .ini files added those steam ports to open ports, checked in firewall. When players try to connect.  "Connection Failed"   The server is running i see it in the console.  

I don't see your server in the Steam server browser.  Maybe post the end of your server console text.

Its a Whitelist Server. 

reanimate: loaded 19 zombies

[ZNetJNI] Java_zombie_core_raknet_RakNetPeerInterface_Init

[ZNetJNI] Java_zombie_core_raknet_RakNetPeerInterface_SetMaximumIncomingConnections

[ZNetJNI] Java_zombie_core_raknet_RakNetPeerInterface_SetServerPort

[ZNetJNI] Java_zombie_core_raknet_RakNetPeerInterface_SetIncomingPassword

[ZNetJNI] Java_zombie_core_znet_SteamGameServer_LogOnAnonymous

[ZNetJNI] Java_zombie_core_raknet_RakNetPeerInterface_SetOccasionalPing

[ZNetJNI] Java_zombie_core_raknet_RakNetPeerInterface_Startup

[ZNetJNI] Zomboid Steam Server started, ports 16260 and 16259 must be open on the router

[ZNetJNI] OnRakPeerStartup

[ZNetJNI] RakNet-through-Steam mode activated

RakNet.Startup() return code: 0 (0 means success)

*** SERVER STARTED ****

server is listening on port 16261

[ZNetJNI] OnSteamServersConnected

[ZNetJNI] Public IP: 192.99.147.50

[ZNetJNI] OnPolicyResponse

[ZNetJNI] Zomboid Server is VAC Secure

This is the error from me clientside

http://prntscr.com/83nzkf