Zombies don't trip alarms

CalmUnity

Question

Zombies don't trip house alarms.  I don't know if this is an intended feature or a bug, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

To replicate: Have a zombie break into a house.  If the player crosses the threshold the alarm will trip from the player. (If it has an alarm)

Version: 32.17 IWBUMS

I searched 'alarm' 'alarms' 'house alarms' and didn't find a related report.

6 answers to this question

I'm pretty sure they don't trip the alarms. Now, I might be wrong but in earlier builds, sometimes there are broken windows already but when I climbed in through the windows, the alarm tripped. Besides, if they do, after the first few days of the outbreak, all the alarms would have already been tripped.

It does make sense though if the alarm has yet to be trigged, such an event as a zombie should trigger it. I think this would be a great mechanic to produce oddly-sized hordes. Say if your base was an urban building, surrounded by several other houses, and such an alarm was to go off due to a zombie, this would really make things more dynamic and challenging. 

I think this suggestion is a great idea; zombies are moving creatures too! If the alarm systems are movement-sensor based, then the undead should set it off just as easily as a living, breathing human can.

However, I also agree with Weighland's comment about all the alarms being set off after the first few days... Zombies love to munch on glass when they have nothing else to do, and they'd certainly set off most, if not all, the alarms in a short amount of time.

Perhaps a small algorithm could be added that say, only adds alarms to buildings with no broken windows? Instead of being generated upon world creation, alarms could be a more dynamic system that calculates certain factors when going off (broken windows, burnt/smashed walls, power outage status, etc).

Otherwise, you could say that Kentucky got a massive technology leap and uses only heartbeat-sensor or C02-sensor based alarm systems. But then, do zombies have beating hearts and release C02?   :???:

I also experienced this. I saw a house that had a broken window, cleaned it out and entered and the alarm went off... Why didnt the  alarm turn on when the zeds broke into the house. But as ^^ stated

I think this suggestion is a great idea; zombies are moving creatures too! If the alarm systems are movement-sensor based, then the undead should set it off just as easily as a living, breathing human can.

However, I also agree with Weighland's comment about all the alarms being set off after the first few days... Zombies love to munch on glass when they have nothing else to do, and they'd certainly set off most, if not all, the alarms in a short amount of time.

Perhaps a small algorithm could be added that say, only adds alarms to buildings with no broken windows? Instead of being generated upon world creation, alarms could be a more dynamic system that calculates certain factors when going off (broken windows, burnt/smashed walls, power outage status, etc).

Otherwise, you could say that Kentucky got a massive technology leap and uses only heartbeat-sensor or C02-sensor based alarm systems. But then, do zombies have beating hearts and release C02?   :???:

Alarms could be high tech so the cannot detect the zombies because they dont breath and lack a beating heart. It might be implemented in the future we never know.

People, the game's "official timeline" is set in 1993 I think. So, I am not so sure about that advanced alarm technology... I'd stick to movement sensors.

Another thing, is this a suggestion? Or a bug? I feel this thread isn't at the right place now ^_^

Archived