In game Map Editor and adding custom map in game.

Øathbetrayer

We need an in game Map Editor as ONE program instead of files everywhere.

We also need more maps.

Add in game Custom Map importer.

The game seems too messy with custom files and server files like Projectzomboidserver.bat 

I understand the game is in alpha but this would really make it easy to make our own home towns and not get sick of the same map and play with all of our friends online.

Searching in files to run my server or make a map or import a map deters and turns me away from playing the game.

Also maybe some sort of sizing chart for tiles compared to sidewalks in real life, a way to correctly size things according to characters in map editor.

LOL just saw this thread <3 That's amazing!

if i may ask, do you guys ever really check the forums. it seems like nowadays you are one here or there so to speak. sorry if i come off as rude but i only really see the administrators around and that is not too often either. (not all, just some. a few are pretty active.) 

if i may ask, do you guys ever really check the forums. it seems like nowadays you are one here or there so to speak. sorry if i come off as rude but i only really see the administrators around and that is not too often either. (not all, just some. a few are pretty active.) 

As well as Lemmy's response above, you'll also find that the longer you're around these forums, the more often you'll skim through the suggestions forum seeing re-posts galore.

Although there's the occasional fresh take or new perspective on a previously debated suggestion, all too often it's the same as before, but without the critique and discussion it got the first time around.

Not to be disheartening, but just because the Devs don't bother replying to every "We NEED vehicles in this game" type post, doesn't mean they aren't lurking, reading, judging...  :ph34r:

I personally think it is wise to let the forum newbies get their "OMG BEST IDEA EVER" posts out of their system without too much criticism or removing all the duplicates, because then they eventually see for themselves that the exact same idea/concept has been brought up before, and will be brought up many times again.

It's a kind of sobering, "Nice to meet you, when you've thought through your idea with a bit more detail it may be acknowledged", and I think it's a great way to weed out the commendable suggestions from the "More Items", "Bigger Map", "We need vehicles", "Airdrops Inbound" posts.

As well as Lemmy's response above, you'll also find that the longer you're around these forums, the more often you'll skim through the suggestions forum seeing re-posts galore.

Although there's the occasional fresh take or new perspective on a previously debated suggestion, all too often it's the same as before, but without the critique and discussion it got the first time around.

Not to be disheartening, but just because the Devs don't bother replying to every "We NEED vehicles in this game" type post, doesn't mean they aren't lurking, reading, judging...  :ph34r:

I personally think it is wise to let the forum newbies get their "OMG BEST IDEA EVER" posts out of their system without too much criticism or removing all the duplicates, because then they eventually see for themselves that the exact same idea/concept has been brought up before, and will be brought up many times again.

It's a kind of sobering, "Nice to meet you, when you've thought through your idea with a bit more detail it may be acknowledged", and I think it's a great way to weed out the commendable suggestions from the "More Items", "Bigger Map", "We need vehicles", "Airdrops Inbound" posts.

i see your point. i just never notice them on like ever. nor do they reply to anything that often. i remember my (what ever you call a cousins husband) had shown me this a long time ago. (he was actually the guy who suggested dog food.) and i saw him talking with the creators all the time. they where always on and always responding. he asked how they where doing not too long ago and i has told him i had not even heard of half the people he talked about and the ones i did i had not seen posts from them besides every few months or so. so i just feel like they are never there. and we really need a page that get the new peoples attention to show them to rules and everything.

i see your point. i just never notice them on like ever. nor do they reply to anything that often. i remember my (what ever you call a cousins husband) had shown me this a long time ago. (he was actually the guy who suggested dog food.) and i saw him talking with the creators all the time. they where always on and always responding. he asked how they where doing not too long ago and i has told him i had not even heard of half the people he talked about and the ones i did i had not seen posts from them besides every few months or so. so i just feel like they are never there. and we really need a page that get the new peoples attention to show them to rules and everything.

Do they message people when they like an idea? Or do they just leave a comment, or do they just add the idea eventually?

I have always wondered.

i notice the red names in the "Who's Online " list at the bottom of the front page quite often.

but you need to keep in mind the time zone differences, if you don't see them when you normally come on it may be because they are asleep.

certain Devs, like RingoD and Turbo just don't post that often anymore. i imagine it is because Lemmy has them chained up in the basement of TIS Towers and only lets them out to email family and assure them they are in fact still alive.

um.....i may have said too much. i better go now

i notice the red names in the "Who's Online " list at the bottom of the front page quite often.

but you need to keep in mind the time zone differences, if you don't see them when you normally come on it may be because they are asleep.

certain Devs, like RingoD and Turbo just don't post that often anymore. i imagine it is because Lemmy has them chained up in the basement of TIS Towers and only lets them out to email family and assure them they are in fact still alive.

um.....i may have said too much. i better go now

point. i have seen them online before but just very rarely.