PZ arcade mode

deprav

Sap modders !

I have a mod idea but I'm not even close to have a clue about modding or what files to modify, so I'll ask here :)

The idea would be to make an Arcade mode for PZ, with like a crapload of very weak zombies dying in 1 or 2 hits, insane amount of zombies, highly resistant weapons, high XP multiplier etc... Mainly for fast paced sessions in local multiplayer with friends.

Not much to change imo, but if anyone likes the idea and have anything to add, feel free to express yourself.

Edit : what I mainly need is to know what to change to tweak zombies' health points, and weapons' durability, I guess the rest is doable in sandbox.

hehe, the fake arcade visual sounds fun, but that sounds even more complicated xD I guess it would require someone to make a new shadder ?

About the arcade gameplay, what I've in mind is something a bit more rogue-like/hack'n'slash, like Teleglitch, or Hammerwatch, or even diablo.

Would anyone have any idea about the best way to do it :

Rather diminishing the health of the zombies ? or increasing the damages of the weapons greatly ? or the strenght factor ?
Should the exhaustion system be softer ? or removed completely ?

At what rate zombies should respawn ?

And in what file can I find all of this ? :D

• 2 weeks later...

Well you didn't post it under help :)

For weaker zombies you could do this:

ArcadeZeds = {}ArcadeZeds.onUpdate = function(zombie) --No idea what values go here zombie:setHealth(1);endEvents.OnZombieUpdate.Add(ArcadeZeds.onUpdate);

However I'm not sure when OnZombieUpdate is called, you'd have to experiment with this.

The alternative would be to increase the damage that weapons do. 

ArcadeZeds = {}ArcadeZeds.increaseDmg = function(self, leftHandItem)   --Check if Weapon   if not instanceof(leftHandItem, "HandWeapon") then return end   leftHandItem:setMinDamage(20000);   leftHandItem:setMaxDamage(20000);endEvents.OnEquipPrimary.Add(ArcadeZeds.increaseDmg); 

For the highly resistant weapons you could just reset their durability on each weapon swing

ArcadeZeds = {}ArcadeZeds.unbreakable = function(owner, weapon)   --Check if Weapon   if not instanceof(weapon, "HandWeapon") then return end   weapon:setCondition(weapon:getConditionMax());endEvents.OnWeaponSwing.Add(ArcadeZeds.unbreakable);  

For XP multiplier just set the one in servertest.ini (or whateveryouserveriscalled.ini). 10 would definitely give you arcade mode.

For insane zombies modify the zombie config file whose name I just forgot but it is in the same folder as you servertest.ini

The zombie health points can already be changed when you start/setup a "custom sandbox"- game, the zombie lore window.

Maybe a file to look at would be "SandboxOptions.lua" , located at .../Steam/SteamApps/common/ProjectZomboid/media/lua/client/OptionScreens . I don't know if you can mod this.

For changing weapons you 'll need to make a mod, that replaces the "items.txt" or "newitems.txt"- files.

These files are found at .../Steam/SteamApps/common/ProjectZomboid/media/scripts .