[Abandoned] [Java] ModelLoader 1.16_02

Jab

Well, Jab, it seems as though IS has seen fit to release another ModelLoader breaking update... Any chance you will update or should we just wait until full build 32?

Those bastards.

I know, how dare they keep making diligent incredible updates to an awesome game... they should always consult me first :-D

Updated to 32.13 IWBUMS. 

Edit: Something's changed with the models actually (Wow. More work. Will look into it.) 

Edit2 : ModelManager actually changed. Neat. All patched up now. Download is on the OP. 

Thought I could rest for a couple days before continuing on in Zomboid modding.... BUT,

32.15 fix came out, updating Lua again, so I'll need to update this mod again. Look for an update later today / evening (US / Central).

Thought I could rest for a couple days before continuing on in Zomboid modding.... BUT,

32.15 fix came out, updating Lua again, so I'll need to update this mod again. Look for an update later today / evening (US / Central).

I think they may be doing this to mess with you

Did this v32.15 hotfix get deployed to the live branch?  I checked for an update (even verified the files) but there wasn't any and my server console is still showing v32.14.

We moved our server off of IWBUMS to the live version as soon as 32 dropped.  We don't plan to ever go back to IWBUMS unless ORGM mod requires it.

Did this v32.15 hotfix get deployed to the live branch?  I checked for an update (even verified the files) but there wasn't any and my server console is still showing v32.14.

We moved our server off of IWBUMS to the live version as soon as 32 dropped.  We don't plan to ever go back to IWBUMS unless ORGM mod requires it.

Right now, It would be a good idea to mention switch update options to "on launch" to your community, and run the game outside of the steam software. 

I have put up a suggestion to allow build switching via beta options through the steam client here:

http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/15365-steam-version-control-via-beta-section/

Maybe a system like this could help with all the down-time. I want to play my mods too. :P

It appears IWBUMS is on 32.15, however the main is on 32.14. I expect the branch to drop to the main one soon, as there are noted crash reports and patches fixed between 14 and 15. 

It appears IWBUMS is on 32.15, however the main is on 32.14. I expect the branch to drop to the main one soon, as there are noted crash reports and patches fixed between 14 and 15. 

Does ML v1.04 work with v32.15?

Does ML v1.04 work with v32.15?

LuaManager updated on 32.15, so it "may" work, but possibly with crash or consequence. I'll look into patching again this evening. 

v32.16 is in the live branch now.  Not sure if you were joking or not about a v32.17 being in IWBUMS since we're not in it anymore.  They need to leave these updates in the IWBUMS branch longer, methinks.  We shouldn't have to contend with more than one update per week, generally on a scheduled day/time on the live side.

v32.16 is in the live branch now.  Not sure if you were joking or not about a v32.17 being in IWBUMS since we're not in it anymore.  They need to leave these updates in the IWBUMS branch longer, methinks.  We shouldn't have to contend with more than one update per week, generally on a scheduled day/time on the live side.

*Shrug* If there's not much revealed by testing or there's a compelling reason to get something out now (crash fixes where crashes didn't exist in testing), it goes out.

If you make mods, this is what you'll contend with.

Understood, Enigma, but v32.13 was supposed to be the stable RC for live, and it's been hotfixed four (or more in IWBUMS?) times in just a couple days.  My point is if there's game-breaking bugs in these, or they introduced crashes, then they should have stayed on the IWBUMS Beta side until the next stable release candidate.  So on the live side we might jump from v32.13 to v32.16 instead of getting the same number of fast updates as the IWBUMS branch.

It really only affects the modding community and those that prefer to play a modded version of the game, but we're out there increasing the visibility and popularity of the game too, so some small consideration should be made so that we're not constantly having to take our mods down, our servers offline, cut into playing time, etc.  I've already lost a few players on the server because they just don't feel like figuring out how to adjust to the latest release multiple times a day.

My point is if there's game-breaking bugs in these, or they introduced crashes, then they should have stayed on the IWBUMS Beta side until the next stable release candidate.

What I'm trying to say is that that's exactly what happened. It stayed in the internal testing group then IWBUMS until it was stable.

Or so we thought. Turns out tons and tons of people playing something reveal more issues then a small group.