[Abandoned] [Java] ModelLoader 1.16_02

Jab

Possible bug found,

During a BB gun match earlier, I could see my gun fine, and another players, but third player had invisible gun (we were all holding red ryders). Neither of them were using model loader if that matters, and I updated mod over old model loader, so maybe that could be the problem/fresh install required?

Edit: Could be some were using guns from before build 33? 

Possible bug found,

During a BB gun match earlier, I could see my gun fine, and another players, but third player had invisible gun (we were all holding red ryders). Neither of them were using model loader if that matters, and I updated mod over old model loader, so maybe that could be the problem/fresh install required?

Edit: Could be some were using guns from before build 33? 

Could be the server, could be the mod you are using. Not sure if i need to modify server code to support custom model flags. It's possible that it's on my end. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just thought I'd say thanks for the hardwork, this is the forerunning champion mod for in game visuals atm. I use it all the time and I am grateful.

I wanted to check in with my current problems with the new update incase it helps you out when you next update.

My issue is when I install the modelloader ontop of a fresh verified installation, I am able to see all the models for ORGM, however the ingame right-click context menu does not open when right-click is pressed and sends an error to console.

(The right-click context menu for containers still works, its just the context menu when clicking game-world)

This is resolved by verifying game-cache, which returns the context menu functionality but removing modelloader.

Anyway thanks again, I only post to try and help, I have the utmost respect and patience for anyone creating essential mods for beta games, and appreciate how hard it must be!

Peace out...

The version just upgraded yet again. Going to wait until either TIS Says 33 is done and 34 is being worked on, or the version doesn't upgrade for a few days.

lol everyone is waiting on you!

Take your time Jab and I agree with you... better to wait than doing re-work.

Your Mod is awesome and ORGM can't live without you!!! Congrats Sir! :D

take your time then man, we all appreciate what you do for us. hopefully next update we will see cars.

hydrocraft mod has cars but there used like back packs i read some were it said if drivable cars come out itll only be for single player due to map generation speed 

i can't add 3d crowbar model because there is no crowbar description in modmanager.class file. its looks like a baseballbat. what can i do?. i don't know how to edit class files. and can you tell me an easy way for add some info in class file or is there another way.

take your time then man, we all appreciate what you do for us. hopefully next update we will see cars.

hydrocraft mod has cars but there used like back packs i read some were it said if drivable cars come out itll only be for single player due to map generation speed 

Makes sense. But maybe use cars like a way to teleport to other places. Or make the train usable could make things better too.

i can't add 3d crowbar model because there is no crowbar description in modmanager.class file. its looks like a baseballbat. what can i do?. i don't know how to edit class files. and can you tell me an easy way for add some info in class file or is there another way.

I am confused. What exactly are you trying to do?

I am confused. What exactly are you trying to do?

i am just trying add a 3d crowbar model in to the game.

If you have 33.14, it will work properly.

In the example on OP, the code shows how to get your mod's directory, and the commands to load the model from the directory.

Further in Lua, you will need to tell the game to equip the model name you specified when loading the model. 

If you need reference, check how ORGM Gun Mod loads models in-game.

the cars couldn't be too hard to create, imagine how effective it would be to either draw a horde away or get through one without your character getting devoured. plus it would help the carryweight of planks, tvs, and such to get to your base or house.

Harder than you'd think.  The weapon model support is derived from pre-existing classes, so only edits and not really anything new.  For perspective, getting even clothing models to work is a challenge in itself, and the framework is already halfway there.

PZ needs a lot of work done before any kind of really ambitious modding can be realistically done, but by that point, TIS will probably have added cars themselves.

...You can however replace the player model with a car and play bumper cars with zombie drivers if you're into that kind of thing.

the cars couldn't be too hard to create, imagine how effective it would be to either draw a horde away or get through one without your character getting devoured. plus it would help the carryweight of planks, tvs, and such to get to your base or house.

Harder than you'd think.  The weapon model support is derived from pre-existing classes, so only edits and not really anything new.  For perspective, getting even clothing models to work is a challenge in itself, and the framework is already halfway there.

PZ needs a lot of work done before any kind of really ambitious modding can be realistically done, but by that point, TIS will probably have added cars themselves.

...You can however replace the player model with a car and play bumper cars with zombie drivers if you're into that kind of thing.

true if it was easy youd see at least scatebords or bicycles  in the game cuz there slower then a car 

• Kirrus locked this topic