problem getting recipes to work

PZ-NOOB

Hello my fellow gamers. I have been making a mod over this last week with a bit of everything in it so I can get to know the wonderful world of code. However I have just started playing with recipes and for some strange reason I cant get it to work here is what I have;

Module MeleeModRecipes   recipe Open Crate Of Juice  {        SmallCrateOfJuice,         Result:JuiceCarton=5,SmallCrate,        Sound:PZ_PutInBag,        Time:5.0  } }

Since this is my first ever mod I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong. If it could be explained to me It will be much appreciated. By the way I have a strange feeling its something super simple so sorry if it is.

Hello my fellow gamers. I have been making a mod over this last week with a bit of everything in it so I can get to know the wonderful world of code. However I have just started playing with recipes and for some strange reason I cant get it to work here is what I have;

Module MeleeModRecipes   recipe Open Crate Of Juice  {        SmallCrateOfJuice,         Result:JuiceCarton=5,SmallCrate,        Sound:PZ_PutInBag,        Time:5.0  } }

Since this is my first ever mod I'm not really sure what I'm doing wrong. If it could be explained to me It will be much appreciated. By the way I have a strange feeling its something super simple so sorry if it is.

I'm at work so my solution to your problem would have to wait until I get home to look at some files, but for the spoiler you need to put a "/" between the "[" and the spoiler, like this

[/"spoiler] (just remove the quote in the center, if I don't put it there, the spoiler won't show up)

the result

see it worked

Edit:

Got home. So, your problem is that you can't have two results from a recipe in the scripts section (for whatever reason) to add a second item to the result you need to add an OnCreate tie in to an .lua.

So for example, your script file should look something like:

SmallCrateOfJuice,

Result:JuiceCarton=5,

Sound:PZ_PutInBag,

Time:5.0

OnCreate:spawnemptycrate_OnCreate,

Then in an lua somewhere you add a function like this:

function spawnemptycrate_OnCreate(items, result, player)

local plinv= player:getInventory();

plinv:AddItem("Base.SmallCrate");

end

keep in mind I am not positive the small crate is a base game item, if it is not you will have to change the "Base" part of that code.

Hopefully that works for you

I'm just learning and this seemed like a good practice for me so I tried it out and got it working :)

Just used some placeholder images for the icons for testing.

I based the Juice on the Pop item from the Base module.

// file name: <Username>\Zomboid\mods\PZNoob\media\scripts\pznoob.txtmodule PZNoob {  imports {    Base  }  item JuiceCarton {    HungerChange = -8,    Weight = 0.1,    AlwaysWelcomeGift = TRUE,    Type = Food,    UnhappyChange = -10,    ThirstChange = -60,    DisplayName = Carton of Juice,    Icon = juicecarton, // file access:  <Username>\Zomboid\mods\media\textures\Item_juicecarton.png    CustomContextMenu = Drink,    CustomEatSound = PZ_DrinkingFromBottle,  }  item SmallCrate {    Weight = 1.0,    Type = Normal,    DisplayName = Small Crate,    Icon = smallcrate, //file access: <Username>\Zomboid\mods\media\textures\Item_smallcrate.png  }  item SmallCrateOfJuice {    Weight = 1.5,    Type = Normal,    DisplayName = Small Crate of Juice,    Icon = smallcrateofjuice, // file access: <Username>\Zomboid\mods\media\textures\Item_smallcrateofjuice.png  }  recipe Put in small crate {    JuiceCarton=5,    destroy SmallCrate,    Result:SmallCrateOfJuice,    Sound:PZ_PutInBag,    Time:5.0,  }  recipe Open Crate Of Juice  {    SmallCrateOfJuice,    Result:JuiceCarton=5,    Sound:PZ_PutInBag,    Time:5.0,    OnCreate:returnEmptySmallCrate_OnCreate,  }}

-- file name: <User>\Zomboid\mods\PZNoob\media\lua\client\pznoobOnCreate.luafunction returnEmptySmallCrate_OnCreate(items, result, player)  player:getInventory():AddItem("PZNoob.SmallCrate");end

I managed to get the context menu to come up saying "open crate of juice" however when I click it, it doesn't give me anything. Ideas?