Koregans-Server-Mod

Koregan

I just want all other modders to know that I am working (for the last 2 months)

on my Server-Mod for "Zeeks Apocalypse Roleplay-Server".

The mod was installed yesterday, so it is still "in progress"

and right now tested by our player-community.

At the moment there are certain parts included:

Autoupdater:

- automaticaly checks for version of the mod on the server and downloads new versions.

- at the moment not working bugfree: after instaling, the game freezez, but the second time you can login without any errors.

Strangers:

- That's the interesting part for the players.

- When you meet a player the first time he is named "Stranger #" on screen.

- You can rename him to any name you want and after this your given name is shown on screen (for you)

- Also the chatbox shows the name "Stranger #" or "Voice #" if you did not meet him yet.

Some admin-stuff:

- Corpse will disappear after a cerain amount of time (no results yet) - (in future version perhaps there will spawn new zombies instead)

- some information for us admins, like some statistics

- Error-uploader, so i get feedback about stack-traces in player-consoles.

There are some more things planned, but they will need some more time.

If you want to test the mod, then join our server:

http://zeeksapocalypse.boards.net/

Special thanks to Blindcoder for his support in all my questions concerning mods, functions, ...

Edit:

I was asked about a public release of my mod.

I will post a public-version here on tis-forum, so other modders

can have a look on the code learn and copy parts of it.

But because it was a lot of time I spent in programming this mod for our roleplay-server

and the time to update it constantly, I would not like any admin to use this mod

on his server without permission.

MODS_03.png

• 2 weeks later...

We had some freezes on our server, which could be created by some parts the mod.

So we decided to deactivate it last week.

I have made some bigger changes (instead of url-calls i am using ingame server-and client-commands now) that hopefully will prevent any lags.

Some new features were integrated (but have to be manually activated to test them).

I will tell more about it when it is reactivated.

We will try to reactivate it tomorrow.

Mod is back online - running on Zeeks Apocalypse Roleplay-Server.

I did some huge changes in the way the mod is collecting information for our admin-chatlog.

(Before every client send the information to my webspace - now it is send via clientcommands and the server creating all the files.)

Until now, there were no reports about lags/freezes from the mod, so it seems to be stable now.

I already included some new functions, but they are still hidden at the moment and have to be activated to test.

I will soon write a topic about it in our forum and later also post it here.

One of the (now solved) problems was that there are no names transmitted for local chat, when the usernames are not displayed in game. It was a mess to read, because you cannot see if one or two or three persons were talking.

So I wrote a function to transmit the local chat and insert it with the self-given stranger-name of the stranger into the players chatbox.

Ah, I nearly forgot to say: The error-uploader is deactivated. Some people thought the game was freezed, because it took so long to read the gigantic console.txt after longtimeplaying. And at this place (OnPostSave) I am not able to write any onscreen-text. But anyway - I got no error-feedback by my mod - but thousands of lines of errors of the vanilla-game. ;)

Right now, there are no plans on changing the strangers-part of the mod, perhaps just some little finetuning.

Perhaps I can upload a image of the mod running ingame, so you can have a look on the changes for the users.

This mod really gives an extra, in-depth feel of the roleplay on Zomboid servers. Since other people have to re-list someone's name for themselves, the Stranger could even give up a false name if they  wanted to, and you wouldn't know who you're encountering at some sudden moment. It also adds the "Radio", a command with *R* in front of your text, where you transmit an in-character global message, over the radio, so your name is listed as "Voice #", and will only be recognized by people you've met and marked before. 

We use this on a roleplay-server, but I see it being an nice, immersive addition to other servers as well, including the PVP. You wouldn't know someone else's name without them introducing to you, first.

Amazing mod.

Thanks for the compliments.

Because of the new build (32) I have to check out the exact changes and if / how they influence the mod.

(For example my corpse-remove-function should be obsolete now.)

There is a new function already implemented (and working bugfree) but not jet activated for all players:

It is possible to frisk other players.

That means, you can check their main-inventory, which will appear for some time in a new window on your screen.

But now I will have a look on the new build at first...

----------------------

@ syfy: I am not sure if I understood you right, but the autoupdater of my mod compares the version on the clients with the version running on the server. Other mods or maps cannot be auto-updated (if i do not include them in my mod and host the actual version myself).