a question about generators

PZ-NOOB

I have been thinking about the new generators coming in build 32. Is having a generator going to open up more doors with electricity. For example could having a generator allow us to use power tools after the power goes out. Power tools could be used for more complicated crafting. And could there be more electrical appliances. To me ATM it seems like electricity is only used for lights and the fridge and these things don't seem very, essential? What do you all think about generators and build 32 and, things.

They are pretty useless until we get more base essential things, like HAM radio.

not necessarily. since we don't know what else will be coming along for us to power up with the Generator, we really can't say just how useful or useless they will be.

give it time for more details to come out before judging it one way or 'tother

I am going to plug mine into a gas station. Even after the power goes out I will have infinite fuel.

From what I've gathered, it would still be finite. The generators are said to break down over time, meaning you have to ration your use of them to necessities.

Additional: that's assuming we can plug them into the pumps.

THX, its interesting learning what everyone else thinks about the generators. I think if you could plug them into a pump, which I highly doubt, they would be too OP and could burn them to the ground if your not watching its condition. Then your whole fuel supply will be gone. Imagine being able to power the flashlight on the pole thing I cant remember the name, I would fill the street around my base with them and connect them using a extension lead (unrealistic but very useful, to me). Wait I remember reading that your able to remove parts from a house alarm? does this mean we are able to interact with the house alarm? Maybe turn the house alarm on and off? mmmmm with remote explosives there bringing us that could be very useful indeed.

Archived