Some questions installing outdated mods.

mrzjadacz

I am new in PZ. I had started in build 31 and soon i wanted to add some mods.

But i cant find many mods for build 31. I tried to add mod from build 30 and everything seems to work, but is it true? How to make sure, that a mod will work in the build? Is in this game console or error-log, which appear in menu and show us, if mod don't work? 

Is possible, that in first moment mod will work, but later it cause crash, or corrupt our savefile?

Sorry for my English.

It really depends on the mod and what it does, you can scan the console.txt file in your C:\Users\Username\Zomboid directory for errors while loading it.

Some mods will remain compatible over builds, other's won't, it mostly depends on what they modify and how they modify it. If you could give me a list of mods you want to run I could maybe check if they're good but the general rule is, if it loads and works properly then it will probably stay that way.

I added three mods from build 30:Craft Helper, Destroy Items and Improvised Containers. Everything seems to work exclude two errors.

This:

AngelCodeFont failed to load page 0 texture E:/Games/Project Zomboid/media/fonts/zomboidDialogue.bmfc_0.pngAngelCodeFont failed to load page 0 texture E:/Games/Project Zomboid/media/font/test_0.tgaAngelCodeFont failed to load page 1 texture E:/Games/Project Zomboid/media/font/test_1.tgaAngelCodeFont failed to load page 2 texture E:/Games/Project Zomboid/media/font/test_2.tgaAngelCodeFont failed to load page 0 texture E:/Games/Project Zomboid/media/font/test_0.tgaAngelCodeFont failed to load page 1 texture E:/Games/Project Zomboid/media/font/test_1.tgaAngelCodeFont failed to load page 2 texture E:/Games/Project Zomboid/media/font/test_2.tga

and your Cannedfoodfix, which can't find poster, smile.jpg.

Besides, thanks for tip with the console.

I use Craft Helper all the time, never had any issues with it, idk about Destroy Items, if it works then it likely won't break anything and Improvised Containers should work just fine.

Errors about posters not being found can be safely ignored.

The one you showed, not sure what's that about but at worst I think some text will be invisible.