Its been a while since I've played, can someone bring me up to date?

ColonelJayce

Guest easy AI opponent

@ ColonelJayce

I understand your frustration since 4-5 months ago PZ was aimed for to be near 1.0 by now. But in reality Build 31 already took about that long.

On my firstplay through, I was actually frigthen when i heard those gun shot coming from my safe house and think I'll be swarming by zombie hordes any time soon , so  I always step out from my safe house to look around.

And it was dead silence.. and it hit me,  I just clear everything. Back to reading books and ponder why I need this surplus of supplies.

This, exactly. There is no reason to play this game as it is. I would go as far as to compare this game with Minecraft, once you put up a few walls, and make your little farm you are untouchable. (Assuming you've killed the few zombies in the surrounding zones).

If this game were to have roaming hordes, I could recommend this to a friend, I would give it an outstanding 10/10 rating, because I love the concept.

I just can't give it that sort of a rating right now, i feel that this game deserves a solid 3/10 points. You cannot make a survival game, and leave out the survival aspect of it. What we have here is not survival, it is a sandbox farmville type game. Where you could sit in your home, and garden to your hearts desire. I just cannot recommend this game to a friend, as much as I would like to.

It appears Roaming hordes of zombies has been the #1 request on the forums since I stopped playing several months ago, and it is still not being implemented. I really hope that indie stone starts looking into this major roadblock towards the games future potential.

Roaming Zombies will be coming. There's a lot of things in the works, which I believe won't be disappointing =)

Roaming Zombies will be coming. There's a lot of things in the works, which I believe won't be disappointing =)

I feel like roaming zombies should have been #1 on the list of things to do. I can handle a few bugs, I don't mind having to do a few work arounds, but I just cannot play this game right now, its just lacking that 1 core piece that is absolutely essential. Without roaming hordes, I truly feel like I'm playing a different variation of minecraft. That is a very bad thing for a game that is really trying to emphasize on the survival aspect of it.

I've already made another post asking the community if this had been implemented into the game since I stopped playing about 5 months ago, apparently this core feature has not been added yet.

I have a tight group of friends who play games with me on a regular basis. One of my friends had looked into project zomboid, and since I owned the game already, she had asked me what I thought of it. I unfortunately had to tell her the game is currently unplayable in its current state. Therefore I'm the only person who currently owns project zomboid of the 6 of us, and frankly I regret buying it.

I will compare this game to Minecraft, because this is what the game in its current state closely resembles. You start out with nothing, you roam around and kill a few non-threatening zombies, and you gather supplies. To what end? Well with project zomboid, the "end" comes when you die. How do you expect me to die in project zomboid, when there is nothing to pose a threat? Once I clear out a few zombies, I can start building my farm, next thing you know I am completely self sustaining, and zombies can't touch me because the ones near my farm are dead. It then becomes a farmville game, where you just farm for hours on end and it completely destroys the immersion of being in a zombie survival game.

My point is, they need to add roaming hordes before they even think about touching any of this other minor stuff. The reason I stopped playing for 5 months was because of this very reason. It wasn't because there weren't enough cooking recipes, it was because there was nothing to do. The game got boring very quickly, and I lost interest.

I come back 5 months later, and what do I see in these patches? Bug fixes, and cooking recipes. Where is the meat of this game? Its got some skin on the outside, but once you take that first bite you will be very disappointed, because it is missing the most important part, the actual sustenance that keeps you going, the survival.

I will not play this game in its current state, until roaming hordes have been added, until zombies start breaking into my safe haven and wrecking things, cutting me off from my supplies, and being forced into the harsh zombie filled world, the game will just not provide me with entertainment.

Long story short- Add roaming hordes, or add a form of zombie attacks, where you can decide to make a stand, or fall back.

I feel like roaming zombies should have been #1 on the list of things to do. I can handle a few bugs, I don't mind having to do a few work arounds, but I just cannot play this game right now, its just lacking that 1 core piece that is absolutely essential. Without roaming hordes, I truly feel like I'm playing a different variation of minecraft. That is a very bad thing for a game that is really trying to emphasize on the survival aspect of it.

Honestly, I agree with you wholeheartedly. In order to have a proper zombie game, the zombies need to be a credible threat at pretty much any given time. This is something that PZ currently lacks, and it's quite noticeable after a week or two in-game.

I do, however, have faith that TIS also acknowledges this problem, and is pulling their hair out trying to come up with a solution. If it were an easy fix, I imagine it would have already been fixed.

In the meantime, I for one am happy to putt around in the game, testing mechanics as they're put into play and waiting patiently for zombie behavior to be worked out in a manner that pleases our multifaceted community.

Have you tried zombie's speed to sprint, making them strong, making them tough, upping their intelligence, turning off water and electricity, setting zombie population to high, and then surviving? Sounds to me you're just lacking in difficulty. There are many things coming and horde migrations are one of the many things that are being worked on and fine tuned. It'll be here before you know it. :)

Need to realize that the development team isn't that big, so things will take time.  8-)

I believe this is something that should be a huge part of the game. This way it'll determine whether an area is safe or not. Having zombies somewhat surround a certain area and staying there is a bit of a let down.

Along with this, the stealth system needs to be improved and should allow us to have different stances such as going prone and crouched.

I think those who create art should be allowed to pursue their craft how they see fit.

Not having a go at anyone personally, you're just expressing your opinions but sometimes, I think there shouldn't even be a suggestions page. On one side, i think they're bad because some people get so bent out of shape when their ideas aren't greeted with "that's amazing! let's sack off our vision and hop to it right away", or the feature they want the most isn't made priorty by the devs.

The other side thinks it's awesome we have this place to bounce ideas around, possibly things the devs were unaware of or hadn't considered. They can then act upon a suggestion if they deem it worthy.

When I started playing games, that never happened. Unless you were part of a really selective beta, the first time you'd see anything of a game was when it was complete, on a shop shelf or in an arcade. You'd play it, enjoy bits, dislike other bits. Regardless of opinion though, you'd have zero say it the direction that game took.

Compared to nowadays, thanks to the internet and how easy it is to connect and distribute media, we can all be offered the proposition of; in exchange for a financial contribution which will help the continuation of production, we're invited to watch a game grow and take a gamble on whether the finished article is something we feel is worth the original contribution.

In no way does that contribution allow us to try and dictate how the game is made, or pressure the devs into focusing on elements we want to see first. Its still their art to craft as they please. We're just the kids in the back seat asking "are we there yet?", "drive faster", "can we stop for ice-cream?". Ultimately, it's the driver's decision.

Again, not having a go at anyone in particular. Just my own opinion formed from frequenting the forum for a while now.

A time for every feature and every update.

You may want to take a look at the multiplayer side of the game, as zombies do behave differently and are supplemented by the server admins. SpiffoSpace was launched earlier this week and is still quite fresh, as far as zombies are concerned.

And remember, if it were a simple fix, it'd be done. There's no point in creating multiple threads about it, nor being disingenuous about the work done on the game over the past 5 months.

Sorry you've found this such a frustrating experience.

Locked.