Bags quick access slots

Hilrof

Hello guys !

These times i read some suggestions about a quick access bar for items, and in my opinion its not realistic but quiet a good idea in its way ... So i think about, and here is my suggestion about quick access.

Backpacks and travel bags have a "primary pocket" where you can store most of your bag capacity. But as you can see on backpacks for example, there always are some "secondary pockets", on the front or on the sides of the backpack. Maybe here are our quick access slots ?

For backpack, you can have 1 "secondary pocket", acting as a slot you can see when the backpack is equiped. You go in your backpack inventory, see this slot up to the list, and you can drag items in it. Here is your 4' quick access slot.

This could go to 5 and 6 slots for that big hiking bag, and you maybe craft some more ? Going to more than 4 slots seems OP to me.

But these slots are not unlimited : you cant store a sledge hammer in this little front pocket of you backpack ! Every slots have a limited capacity shown in the inventory slot. For exemple, slot 4 on backpack, wich is the front pocket, can have a one item of 2 weight max.

And of course you cant see your quick access slots, you got to remember wich item you put in it !

Hope that was clear guys, i apologize for my poor english, and as always, all suggestions from you are welcome !

IMO, a quick slot would defeat the purpose of opening your bag.

To open a bad except for the two pouches on the sides, you'd have to turn it around and unzip it, then sling it back on your back more or less.

If we do have quickslots it should only be for water to automatically have the water in your bag be drunk as you move around.

IMO, a quick slot would defeat the purpose of opening your bag.

To open a bad except for the two pouches on the sides, you'd have to turn it around and unzip it, then sling it back on your back more or less.

If we do have quickslots it should only be for water to automatically have the water in your bag be drunk as you move around.

Maybe instead of the quick access being the pockets of the bag, they are the pockets of our clothing? You can reach all of your clothing pockets, they are small enough not to allow huge items like sledgehammers, and you are probably able to remember what you have in them.

Finding a camelback backpack for water would be cool for autodrinking. Did they exist at the time that the lore for this game is set?

I agree with BetaSpectre, as i said it was just an idea to avoid that 9 slots bar under screen. But anyway that clothes' pockets idea is quiet well to, depending from the clothes you find you can add one to four quick access slots. A poor raincoat cant hold much, but a good winter jacket can a lot more ...

Any way i didnt care a lot about plenty of access slots, i just really want to be able to choose by myself my quick access slots, its quiet annoying when a horde come to your house and when you want to get your axe, press 1 and take your sledgehammer.. Sometimes time run out too fast.

Edit : And yeah, holsters would be just great, adding a quick access slot and reduce the weight of the gun in it.

Rifles and Shotguns already have a sling mod that reduces weight but seeing holsters added for pistols sounds like a good idea. Right now they seem like the proverbial red headed stepchild, anything a pistol can do a shotgun or rifle can do better, if we had holsters that acted like a quick slot for a pistol it would give them an actual use as a sidearm that can be equipped in an instant for emergencies.