Horde Mod

Evilwuun

I was looking through completed mods and mod suggestions, and while it seems to be a fairly hot topic on discussion from time to time, I couldn't find a mod that satisfied what I want.

I'm basically wondering if it's possible for an experienced modder to make a mod that spawns, at random, hordes of varying sizes near the players location and sends them walking in a random direction.

Preferably, the hordes would spawn at the furthest possible distance from.the player, be affected by metagame influences, and be almost entirely random. Increase of horde size over time may be a plus.

Any thoughts?

Addendum: Perhaps it would make sense to tie the spawning of the hordes to metagame sounds. That would make hearing those choppers truly terrifying.

e87thwt.png?1

sHG0rX2.png

Actually very, very simple. Just spawn zombies contiously at getPlayer():getX() -25, getPlayer():getY() -25 and their collision takes care of itself . . . unless you move. In which case it  gets to be a mess in a hurry. And, if one chunk unloads, the zombies present on it disappear into the netherworld.

ToastedFIsh made a zombie-dupliciation mod, I believe (kill 1 and several take its place).

e87thwt.png?1

sHG0rX2.png

Actually very, very simple. Just spawn zombies contiously at getPlayer():getX() -25, getPlayer():getY() -25 and their collision takes care of itself . . . unless you move. In which case it  gets to be a mess in a hurry. And, if one chunk unloads, the zombies present on it disappear into the netherworld.

ToastedFIsh made a zombie-dupliciation mod, I believe (kill 1 and several take its place).

Such Lag

Very Crash

Wow

I actually saw your thread about this mod. While it's not specifically what I'm looking for, it does seem as though it would solve the "I cleared out my base and the surrounding area....what now?" problem. I'll give this a go after work tonight and let you know what I think. Thanks for your efforts either way! :)

I actually saw your thread about this mod. While it's not specifically what I'm looking for, it does seem as though it would solve the "I cleared out my base and the surrounding area....what now?" problem. I'll give this a go after work tonight and let you know what I think. Thanks for your efforts either way! :)

best way to cope is to make an elevated base...

off the ground...

and then have sheetropes down.

Completely safe!

but going down will be a hellhole.

So death from starvation/dehydration... AMAZING IDEA

Sandbags full of dirt, farm on top of the elevated platform, and have some rain colllector barrels...

And have a bridge onto a concrete roof where you have a campfire.

DONE!

All you must come down for is for vinegar to preserve your veggies.

hopefully you set loot to respawn :P

e87thwt.png?1

sHG0rX2.png

Such Lag

Very Crash

Wow

Not really.. I can handle this many with no lag or frame drop on my rig.

To be honest, the greatest problem for me is the lack of long distance migration of zombies..

..or some other solution to the mentioned: I cleared out an area.. no challenge.

Basically you can clear out a whole town with a handful of bullets, collecting them with a few well placed gunshots then luring them into the nearby woods. And then you are free to roam the whole town. Not to mention your base.

So I absolutely support the idea of a mod.. however simple it is that solves it somehow.

Tried the "They"re Crawling out!" but it does not seem to work in MP. Which is a shame because I play with friends in MP mostly.