Tainted Water

blindcoder

I'd post code if at my desk, but if I remember right you'll want to check out the ISWorldObjectContextMenu.lua file for that.

I know how to get the states (square:Is(IsoFlagType.Tainted)), but I want to know if every water tile is automatically tainted, or if the map creator can define this.

My bad, for some reason I didn't understand the initial question. To be honest, I haven't played around with the map/tile editor, so I don't know how they work. However, from what I've gleaned off the code, it looks like the initial tainted state is stored in one of these .tiles map definition files. Whether it does it per-tile, or per-tile-definition, I don't know.

media/newtiledefinitions.tilesnewtiledefinitions_4.tilestiledefinitions.tilestiledefinitions_4.tilestiledefinitions_erosion.tiles

The tile definition editor itself doesn't seem to have any modifier for tainted water per se. It only defines if and how much a tile holds water. And I also checked the tiledefinitions in a text editor, but they don't give any info on the taintiness, again only water amounts.

Looks like tiles are flagged:

C:\Users\EG\Desktop\Build31\zombie\iso\SpriteDetails\IsoFlagType.java (2 hits)	Line 73:    public static final IsoFlagType taintedWater = new IsoFlagType("taintedWater", 66, 66);	Line 73:    public static final IsoFlagType taintedWater = new IsoFlagType("taintedWater", 66, 66);
Doesn't look like it's set by the game itself, though. Must be in the map files. :(

Looks like tiles are flagged:

C:\Users\EG\Desktop\Build31\zombie\iso\SpriteDetails\IsoFlagType.java (2 hits)	Line 73:    public static final IsoFlagType taintedWater = new IsoFlagType("taintedWater", 66, 66);	Line 73:    public static final IsoFlagType taintedWater = new IsoFlagType("taintedWater", 66, 66);
Doesn't look like it's set by the game itself, though. Must be in the map files. :(

That's exactly what I was hoping for :-)

I'm trying to update my saltwater mod in this regard. Pondering whether to separate the still from the saltwater, too, that's why I was interested in this.