31.6 Professions and Traits Tooltips

Moose65

I like that a lot of the traits are getting better descriptions......but some still have quite a ways to go and could use some tooltip help. Here are some of the problem ones still.....

Baseball Player - Supposedly increases swing speed with baseball bats? Right now tooltip simply says +1 blunt.

Lucky and Unlucky - Can we please get some specific information on it? Supposedly it only boosts repair chance and loot rolls, but the wiki also says it reduces chances for bites/scratches.

Resilient and Prone to Illness- Could perhaps use a little bit of clearing up on "Less prone to disease". From what I understand, it reduces/increase the chance for zombie infection(?). Does it also reduce/increase the chance of colds? Regular infections?

Night Owl - Until its fixed, could this please be tagged appropriately as non-functional, or removed? It seems to be an exact clone of wakeful anyways even if it was working.

Right now, these are the only major offenders tooltip wise that I can think of. Really liking how Strength and Fitness are now displayed on the skill setup. Will be pretty nice when their also available to be seen in-game as well.

Resilient and Prone to Illness- Could perhaps use a little bit of clearing up on "Less prone to disease". From what I understand, it reduces/increase the chance for infection(?). Does it also reduce/increase the chance of colds?

Also: does this increase the chance to get infected (like proper zombie infection) or just wound infection?

Lucky and Unlucky - Can we please get some specific information on it? Supposedly it only boosts repair chance and loot rolls, but the wiki also says it reduces chances for bites/scratches.

I respectfully differ. Lucky and Unlucky are terrific placebo-effect traits. The more information we have about how they work, the less fun they are to play with. The developers should, in my opinion, say absolutely nothing about what these traits actually do (if they actually do anything at all). Merely knowing you have Lucky or Unlucky is going to change how the game feels, which makes it more fun. Exposing it as a cheese-able game mechanic takes all the whimsy and fun out of it.

I respectfully differ. Lucky and Unlucky are terrific placebo-effect traits. The more information we have about how they work, the less fun they are to play with. The developers should, in my opinion, say absolutely nothing about what these traits actually do (if they actually do anything at all). Merely knowing you have Lucky or Unlucky is going to change how the game feels, which makes it more fun. Exposing it as a cheese-able game mechanic takes all the whimsy and fun out of it.

Except they've already given information on it to an extent, and the wiki has some (mis)information on it as well. Not only that, it makes it impossible to give feedback on traits if we don't know how it actually works.

Except they've already given information on it to an extent, and the wiki has some (mis)information on it as well. Not only that, it makes it impossible to give feedback on traits if we don't know how it actually works.

Which in this one particular case is just fine, was my point.

Resilient and Prone to Illness- Could perhaps use a little bit of clearing up on "Less prone to disease". From what I understand, it reduces/increase the chance for infection(?). Does it also reduce/increase the chance of colds?

Also: does this increase the chance to get infected (like proper zombie infection) or just wound infection?

Its zombie infection. Since this trait existed before the medical update, I doubt its been updated to consider regular infection. Either way, its not 100% clear on how it works.

Archived