A Few 3D Models for Project Zomboid

WolfeClaw

I'll get it working in-game and take a screenshot now. :)

After that I'll dig through my software and record my horrible voice for you. :D

Also, I'm so bad at coding that I still haven't sorted out things like altering magazine count and replacing vanilla weapons, so it'll be a bit hit and miss. The easy part is loading in the model and it's texture, funnily enough. I also need a SPAS-12 icon to replace the default shotgun icon, so I may ask ORMtnMan for his.

The first video will be moreso for those that want to get their own models in-game using Jab's script (rendering now), whilst the second will be specifically on installing a custom model mod (which I still have yet to record).

I also got the thumbs up from ORMtnMan to use his icon, so that speeds up the process. :)

• 1 month later...

How do you do your texturing? UV mapping always seems unnecessarily hellish to me.

I personally just use Maya's UV unwrapping tools, it's still a pain and probably always will be. If you've unwrapped much more difficult objects, low-poly guns tend to be much easier in comparison.

Maybe I've just done it too much and I've become immune to its hellishness. :D

Do you think you could make backpack models?

I think another modeller already did so in his thread right here, I'm going to focus on weaponry from here on out.

That said, I'm not sure how much time I'll allocate to PZ modelling, primarily as I need to start building a portfolio of some professional-grade 3D work at some point. We'll see.

Do you think you could make backpack models?

I think another modeller already did so in his thread right here, I'm going to focus on weaponry from here on out.

That said, I'm not sure how much time I'll allocate to PZ modelling, primarily as I need to start building a portfolio of some professional-grade 3D work at some point. We'll see.

Okay thanks for the link :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I believe the weapon models shown in the OP are now implemented into ORMtnMan's Real Guns mod, I'd highly suggest you guys check it out!

I haven't been active for a good couple of months, and I apologize for that. Truth is I've just been occupied with other projects, but I hope to return at some point to continue creating content for you guys to use.