Help us ! The official PZ Translation !

Well, about specials characters, you have to write them in your translation, I replace them in java then, and as soon as we update our font I'll change that, so the transmator won't have anything to do.

For Russian, it should be possible too, I have to specify a charset when reading the lua file, so yeah it's gonna be ok, though we need all the cyrilics font.. We'll try to figure this out as fast as we can :D

I'm in car currently, will answer pm in 30min :D

Hello everybody!! I'd like to give a helping hand with this translation process. I am from Spain, so I can do some Spanish (ES) translation. Bringing the 'ñ' and hunting some zombies :D

I will start translating as soon as I can.

EDIT: BTW, I suggest this replacements:

ñ = n1

á, é, í, ó, ú = a1, e1, i1, o1, u1

ü = u2

As I said to Chris on twitter - can we have a UK translation? So Crisps = chips. Soda = pop. Flashlight = torch etc?

Maybe RingoD can do a Geordie one too? :P

(Serious request)

Pretty easy yup :)

You can translate only a few words if you want, because if the game don't find the translation for a word (understand sentence), we'll take the default one :)

¡Hello! I can help with the spanish translation.

I have some experience translating games. These days I can't do too much work, and on September 3rd Rome 2 will be released so... But for now I can start helping with something small (Main Screen and Traits & Professions).

The special characters

Ñ

á

é

í

ó

ú

Uh, it looks complicated.

And by complicated I mean - It's hard to imitate Russian letters with english mainly because we use completely different alphabet ._. (Cyrillic)

Will there be any problems if I fully translate the game into full Russian mode letters, or will it be clunky and weird as the PZ's fonts don't support Cyrillic?

I can probably sum this up in an image...

fonts.png

And by complicated I mean - It's hard to imitate Russian letters with english mainly because we use completely different alphabet ._. (Cyrillic)

Will there be any problems if I fully translate the game into full Russian mode letters, or will it be clunky and weird as the PZ's fonts don't support Cyrillic?

I can probably sum this up in an image...

fonts.png

Well now that's amazing!

Hello!

I will gladly help with the Spanish (from Spain) translation if there's still room for me. This year I won an European translation contest (Juvenes Translatores), so you could say I'm a skilled translator. I've never translated anything officially, but I've done tons of unofficial translations.

So here I am, in case someone needs me.

Are people supposed to organise themselves or should we set up a Forum with subsections for the languages for the time being?

Might make it easier for them to co-ordinate. Or will they simply use PMs with multiple peeps (which is - essentially - like making a thread)?

Some of them might be able to organise on their respective local forums (.ru; .fr; .de)

Just sent Romain first portion of Russian translation :P Hoping for them to integrate cyrillic in the way so it doesn't generate new problems :)

Waiting for the rest of it, oh man, I can't describe how awesome it feels to be a part of development, even if it only consists of me translating things on my native language.

I guess it´s only ascii atm, since as far as i remember lua doesn´t really have unicode support.

well I don't know if it does or does not (I'd assume so) but this isn't technically lua anyway, it's kahlua which is a java implementation that just behaves like lua, and thus it stores text as java strings which support unicode / multibyte 

great job robert on the special characters:)

what about dialogue, will there be a text file or lua? doesnt matter how much it is, we will, as a community, split the work and manage to produce a translation quickly. though I wonder if it is possible to get the dialogue lua before rc3 releases?