About the [no firespread] multiplayer servers

Jab

The firespread fix for the servers was done using a java modification.

I would like to release that content in the form of .class files (logically), however, it is not that simple. I would need permission to release those compiled files as they are a part of the core of the game.

I'm making this post because a lot of people are asking about it.

If people want this, and PZ Devs allow me to at least post the modified .class files, then I'll be happy to do so, and update the mod as well. 

Until then, I am not releasing the fix. 

A way to do this with lua (tested it for about 5 minutes, seemed to work great):

function DisableFireSpread(fire)    fire:getClass():getField("SpreadTimer"):setInt(fire,0);endEvents.OnNewFire.Add(DisableFireSpread);

I have a way to do server-side lua mods that don't break checksum or require modification of java classes but it uses reflection on the gameserver object so I'm not sure if I should publish that.

A way to do this with lua (tested it for about 5 minutes, seemed to work great):

function DisableFireSpread(fire)    fire:getClass():getField("SpreadTimer"):setInt(fire,0);endEvents.OnNewFire.Add(DisableFireSpread);

I have a way to do server-side lua mods that don't break checksum or require modification of java classes but it uses reflection on the gameserver object so I'm not sure if I should publish that.

The script will stop spreading, however, the building or whatever tile that fire is on will burn. the fix i did accessed methods not accessable / preventable to keep the fire from damaging structures as well. 

I would love no fire spread!! Its the main reason I dont let anyone but my friends on my server. Cuz ppl just like to burn stuff down.  Believe me I like fire and its fun to trap zombies in a house and burn them. But most ppl just like to torch the city. Displeases me.

"You are allowed to edit the game in any way, providing you do not edit it in such a way that it is either intentionally damaging to people's PCs, or removes the login system and enables people to play the game without purchasing."

- From rules of modding in this section of forum. So I think you are allowed to release your fix even if it modifies java files.

You'll find a more restrictive license shipping with the game right now, due to a certain Russian individual that attempted to extort the game's code from the devs, then threatened to steal the game's code and release it.

Until the conflicts are resolved between the two licenses, this is a bit of a grey area.

It's fine you have specific permission to do this if you'd like :) We'll try get the fix in the main game if appropriate, can't say I'm familiar with the fire spread issue since I'm in NPC land 24-7 these days.

EDIT: Oh I get it its a no fire spread mod to protect servers from arsonists, right? :D

I could add that to a server options, already added a "NoSpawnItem" option if you want to non spawn certain item (mostly sledgehammer, to avoid heavy destruction :D)

And well you're at it . . . a certain fire-management mod . . . ;) Firemanager still doesn't seem to sync with client; fire will magically spread after being put out.