Good luck on build 30! <eg>

Sadeyx

Just wanted to say that playing the IWBUMS for 30 has been a lot of fun and I'm very excited to see how people react to it now that is has gone live!

However,  if you've not played build 30 before and if your new to zomboid entirely build 30 is going to get some getting used to... *evil grins*   It personally took me about 6 deaths and retries to get a grip

I've seen quite a few old school project zomboid players, er, expressing some frustration that combat is now different and where they could previously kill zombies with ease, now suddenly its very hard!

Tip - I just wanted to warn you all that if you see the 'Exhaustion' moodle this now makes a big difference to how much damage you do!  If your exhausted, panicked + other moodles, don't even try to kill, run and hide :D

You may also find that there is quite a few more zombies about and they will detect you sooner!  It might seem impossible but there are ways to deal with them

I'm going to have some fun watching people die as the new build hits on twitch!  (http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Project%20Zomboid)

GOOD LUCK :D

and don't forget to post your stories ;)

I've seen quite a few old school project zomboid players, er, expressing some frustration that combat is now different and where they could previously kill zombies with ease, now suddenly its very hard!

I'd say they weren't old school enough. The game used to be as hard as it is now around build 0008 and before. Even more so on the old map where zombies used to walk around constantly. There's many of us who've wished this game to get back to the same hardcore levels it used to be and I think we're getting pretty close.

Tip - I just wanted to warn you all that if you see the 'Exhaustion' moodle this now makes a big difference to how much damage you do!  If your exhausted, panicked + other moodles, don't even try to kill, run and hide :D

If its a small group of 6 or so, its still very possible to handle them under these circumstances even if you are exhausted + panicked. I still prefer to take them out rather than potentially dragging them back to my base or allowing them to re-clump with another group of zombies. You just have to be really careful with how you handle them now.

I really like the danger posed by broken windows. I must now decide whether to risk injury climbing in a window or smash down a door and risk attracting a horde. Or do I move on and find another unlocked entrance? All interesting decisions.

These changes also reduce my ability to easily lose a horde by running through houses. I am forced to be far more strategic in my approach to looting. Zombies are no longer a nuisance but a genuine threat now that they clump. I find myself going "Nope" a lot now.

I'm loving this build. Can't wait for more! (Scavenger Skill, move furniture hint hint hint).

Just wanted to say that playing the IWBUMS for 30 has been a lot of fun and I'm very excited to see how people react to it now that is has gone live!

However,  if you've not played build 30 before and if your new to zomboid entirely build 30 is going to get some getting used to... *evil grins*   It personally took me about 6 deaths and retries to get a grip

You may also find that there is quite a few more zombies about and they will detect you sooner!  It might seem impossible but there are ways to deal with them

I'm going to have some fun watching people die as the new build hits on twitch!  (http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/Project%20Zomboid)

GOOD LUCK :D

and don't forget to post your stories ;)

I feel you brudder

Archived