Crash when opening

RedsPlay77

Question

4 answers to this question

Go to the installation directory of the game by right clicking on Project Zomboid and selecting Properties in the Steam game library then press the Browse Local Files button shown here: http://i.imgur.com/PFy0kmJ.png

While you have these options open, disable the Steam overlay in the General tab.

Find the ProjectZomboid32.bat file (blue gears for an icon, not a red and black egg) and double click it. Once (if) the game crashes, take a screenshot of the console and upload it to imgur.com, linking it here. This will hopefully tell us what's wrong. =)

Oup! This time the game didn't crashed! But I have 1 more thing to say:

When the game doesn't crashes, it loads stuff super slowly. It takes me 15 minutes to get into the game! This is the only reason why i don't play PZ. I don't know if it's something in the programming or it's my computer, but, when I bought the game the demo worked well(Check Mathas chanel, it was around the 70th episode of his series of 101 episodes)

Posted · Hidden by EnigmaGrey, December 3, 2014 - Dupliciate
Hidden by EnigmaGrey, December 3, 2014 - Dupliciate

Hello. I purchased Project Zomboid awhile ago and just recently updated to this latest version since I can add it to my Steam Library now. But every time I open the game it loads and then crashes maye a second after opening. I've been doing some research and it seems that i'm supposed to post here and attach a screenshot of the console so here it is. http://i.imgur.com/TDJYjLO.png?1 While i know how to use computers i'm more of a console gamer so i don't know all the ins and outs I hope this helps me. 

Oup! This time the game didn't crashed! But I have 1 more thing to say:

When the game doesn't crashes, it loads stuff super slowly. It takes me 15 minutes to get into the game! This is the only reason why i don't play PZ. I don't know if it's something in the programming or it's my computer, but, when I bought the game the demo worked well(Check Mathas chanel, it was around the 70th episode of his series of 101 episodes)

It's entirely dependent on your harddive: My really old laptop from 2007 takes around 7 minutes to load the game, but my new computer with an SSD takes . . . 12 seconds.

Archived