Hydrocraft Mod

Hydromancerx

1. I will look into the rice thing.

2. Yeah not much I can do about the charcoal thing other than don't drop it on the floor and if you want to get rid of the item put it in a zed and then harvest the bones. You should probably report in the official bug thread that "drainables" in recipes that can be done from the floor are doing this.

1) Did some more testing on the Rice. It seems in THIS instance that the Pots of Rice bugged out when they were cooked as they seem to increase in weight and basically "disappeared" from the stove. Had to log out and log back in for the pots to reappear as the Stove was overweight past the 50 limit to 62 once the pots of rice were cooked. Still may be something worth looking at it.

2) Concerning Charcoal -  this is a base game item correct?

Did you notice my red text replies in your main quote above as well? Just asking. :)

Hmm have same Problem with my Mod when i made it. Seems that the "ReplaceOnCooked" Function dont work. Just a Idea.

You need to write it like this ...

item HCPieapple	{	HungerChange			=	-80,	Weight				=	2,	Type				=	Food,	DaysTotallyRotten		=	10,	DisplayName			=	Uncooked Apple Pie,	Icon				=	HCPieapple,	ReplaceOnUse			=	HCPiepan,	ReplaceOnCooked			=	Hydrocraft.HCPieapplebaked,	IsCookable			=	TRUE,	MinutesToCook			=	30,	MinutesToBurn			=	60,	DaysFresh			=	5,	UnhappyChange			=	15,	BoredomChange			=	15,	}

With the name of the mod then a period and then the name of the item.

Hello ! 

Started to play with hydrocraft and see the recipes guide...AMAZING :eek:  !

I just got two question about this mod :

-When use charcoal to make ingot, tools (with kiln etc...) etc... Do its uses one units of the bag of charcoal or it use the whole bag ?

-I found in a crate a large junk box...Can we open it and find some items ? Or it's just an decoration item, or can we use it for craft something  ?

Cheers,

Thanks!

1. it uses the units from the charcoal not the whole bag.

2. You need a junkyard to "open" the items.

Might sound stupid, but where can i find straw? I saw there's unpack bale of straw option under farming recipes, tried to use it near some bales, but nothing..

Also, to find animals i need their poop.. How can i get it without having any animals?

You forage for straw. Same goes for animal poop.

Think I found a few small bugs.

When crafting the water pump it left the water tower. Meaning I now have a water pump and a water tower.

After smelting garden hoses, when picking up the ingots, they seem to disappear. It felt a lot like the sync issue, like with dried foods and such, so I re-logged. Sure enough the garden hoses where all back, but if I smelt them again the problem persists. Therefore vicious cycle of wasted ingot molds. :P Shoes seem to smelt up fine and I can pick up those rubber ingots so I don't think the problem is with the ingots but the garden hoses themselves if that helps. I am not sure if it happens in solo yet but I will check later.

Just wanna help anyway I can. Wish I could do more. Absolutely love this mod. I really don't think I could play PZ without it anymore. You Hydro are a God among men.

Is that too much? It kinda feels like too much... sorry, I made it all weird. We're having a nice moment and I go off making everyone uncomfortable. You're cool man. You're really cool. Thanks for the awesome mod dude

1. Ah I will check that out. It should use up the water tower, well and windmill.

2. If it is picking up off the ground that is a base game issue. If it is an output of a recipe than its a mod issue.

3. Your feedback and reporting of bugs is key to keeping the mod great. I cannot test everything so player feedback is important. So thank you.

4. Naw, that kind of love and praise is what keeps me modding and makes me want to make the mod even better! So thank you!

Thank for your answer  :-D

Its reassuring me because I thought it was necessary to have one bag each time.

I wanted to report also, that i found in my local game a missing texture icon for the item called "Booo" (not a joke)that i found that in a bedroom, the item icon was a "?" :shock: . I play at build 32.27.

Blooo objects are not good. I wish I knew what item it was. :(

No problem  :-) !

And thank for your clarifications about charcoal and junk.

Make a Screenshot plz

For the "Blooo" item ? I can get it.

Bugs found today - 13th Sept 2015

• - Clothes Line With Clothes drying Wet Bath Towels duplicates the Towels instead of drying and consuming the Wet ones. Assembled line, added clothes, used right-click AND crafting menu option to dry towels and ended up with 4 MORE dry towels instead of consuming the wet ones. Screenshots needed?
  • - Having added Lighter Fluid, when Lighters are depleted (e.g. via use of the Kiln), no empty lighter container refillable with fluid is left behind. Lighter fluid apparently has to be added BEFORE the lighter is depleted fully. Working as intended?
Questions:
  • There's 2 Recipes for Dry Some Tomato Slices. One uses Tomato, Salt, Kitchen Knife and BakingTray and the other uses Baking Tray, Salt and 4 x Sliced Tomatoes. Do those two recipes give the same result? Because if that's the case, there's no point in slicing the Tomatoes if it is you need Salt as an extra consumable and the recipe seems a little...pointless especially since the other Drying recipes require Lemon Juice or no secondary ingredient in some cases. Is this intentional?
  • Does the Shower with the added sink have an explicit purpose yet or is it decorative for now? Because it looks pretty dang snazzy!
The advantage to slicing the tomatoes is that it gives you cooking xp. Not a lot, but some. I've only used the recipe once, though - salt's used in a lot of recipes, and I'd much rather make 1 jar of basic/tasty marinade, that I can then use to turn 4 units of meat into 12 units of jerky, than a single portion of salted tomatoes... particularly as I can juice tomatoes. Plus hunting a bear is much more fun than hunting a tomato plant.

The advantage to slicing the tomatoes is that it gives you cooking xp. Not a lot, but some. I've only used the recipe once, though - salt's used in a lot of recipes, and I'd much rather make 1 jar of basic/tasty marinade, that I can then use to turn 4 units of meat into 12 units of jerky, than a single portion of salted tomatoes... particularly as I can juice tomatoes. Plus hunting a bear is much more fun than hunting a tomato plant.

You tell me. Food's pretty dangerous! Ate some of my Rice I cooked last night, left my character reading an Advanced Carpentry book in my base to go take a shower and came back to find that I had contracted something from the food, got a fever and DIED. :'(

1100+ zed kill and 25 hour survival time down the drain...*cries a little inside*

Rice is dangerous.

And yes I agree that making the jerky is more fun. I've got about 10 pigs crammed into a crate at my base right now since I managed to Forage up some and went out with the dogs and caught em!

We're eatin' gooooood for the next couple of months! Jerky till we're sick of it!

-

Speaking of showers, any chance you know to work the Shower that you can build? :D Hydro says it's a water-holding but I don't know how to work the dang thing.

Hmm have same Problem with my Mod when i made it. Seems that the "ReplaceOnCooked" Function dont work. Just a Idea.

You need to write it like this ...

item HCPieapple	{	HungerChange			=	-80,	Weight				=	2,	Type				=	Food,	DaysTotallyRotten		=	10,	DisplayName			=	Uncooked Apple Pie,	Icon				=	HCPieapple,	ReplaceOnUse			=	HCPiepan,	ReplaceOnCooked			=	Hydrocraft.HCPieapplebaked,	IsCookable			=	TRUE,	MinutesToCook			=	30,	MinutesToBurn			=	60,	DaysFresh			=	5,	UnhappyChange			=	15,	BoredomChange			=	15,	}

With the name of the mod then a period and then the name of the item.

Ah thank you.

Submissions for 14 Sept 2015:

1. Don't know if this one is important but when feeding Dogs to get Dog Poop with Open Can Of Dog Food, we get no Empty Tincan back. May be considered minor.
  2. There is no recipe in Survival for Harvesting Bones from Pig Skeletons after butchering.

Suggestion:

1. Since the Blast Furnace requires a Wooden Crate, we are somewhat at the RNG's mercy to find one in spawn. Perhaps the creation of a Recipe in Carpentry for it could be arranged, seeing that we have a recipe to Recycle them?
  2. Since we have ease of access to Rubber Ingots now, would it be possible to add crafting of the Blue Bucket item from our buildings? Or would it be simpler to add the Wooden Bucket to recipes as a crafting alternative instead seeing as Blue Buckets would become eventually rare?

Question:

1. Jute Seeds are from Foraging correct?
Edited by evankimori

1. Don't know if this one is important but when feeding Dogs to get Dog Poop with Open Can Of Dog Food, we get no Empty Tincan back. May be considered minor.
  2. There is no recipe in Survival for Harvesting Bones from Pig Skeletons after butchering.

Suggestion:

1. Since the Blast Furnace requires a Wooden Crate, we are somewhat at the RNG's mercy to find one in spawn. Perhaps the creation of a Recipe in Carpentry for it could be arranged, seeing that we have a recipe to Recycle them?
  2. Since we have ease of access to Rubber Ingots now, would it be possible to add crafting of the Blue Bucket item from our buildings? Or would it be simpler to add the Wooden Bucket to recipes as a crafting alternative instead seeing as Blue Buckets would become eventually rare?

Question:

1. Will check it out

2. Thanks for reporting. Will fix.

S1. Maybe. I have to think on that one.

S2. The blue bucket is plastic not rubber. However I want to get to plastic recycling eventually.

Q1. Yes Jute seed can be found by foraging or gather flora.

I have no clue how to do anything.

How do i get animals?

Can i breed them?

Rabbits and Silkworms you can. And you can sorrta breed bees. Other animals have not been implemented yet.

Suggestion:

Question:

1. Will check it out

2. Thanks for reporting. Will fix.

S1. Maybe. I have to think on that one.

S2. The blue bucket is plastic not rubber. However I want to get to plastic recycling eventually.

Q1. Yes Jute seed can be found by foraging or gather flora.

I have no clue how to do anything.

How do i get animals?

Can i breed them?

Rabbits and Silkworms you can. And you can sorrta breed bees. Other animals have not been implemented yet.

Is there a guide somewhere to all these things?

TEACH ME YOUR WAYS

"Blooo objects are not good. I wish I knew what item it was.  :( "

i think it's HCIcechest or HCCooler because i tried to spawn one of them and i get the blooo thing, i tried to edit them with my little knowledge so they can preserve food but no success.

is there any mod that have buildable fridges that work?

i think it's HCIcechest or HCCooler because i tried to spawn one of them and i get the blooo thing, i tried to edit them with my little knowledge so they can preserve food but no success.

Well PumpPower allows you to attach pumps to Gas Stations with a Generator to keep the gas supply going so you can fuel ANOTHER generator to keep your fridge going. Works pretty well on my server. You could give that a try.

Well PumpPower allows you to attach pumps to Gas Stations with a Generator to keep the gas supply going so you can fuel ANOTHER generator to keep your fridge going. Works pretty well on my server. You could give that a try.

the problem is i don't have a fridge, i accidentally destroyed mine, but thanks for the info

I've been busy the last couple weeks putting together the first video for my new Hydrocraft Tutorial series.  I hope you all enjoy!  Let me know what you think should be covered next!  Steam Group Discussion: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/NoMiSPlays/discussions/2/523897277926917538/

the problem is i don't have a fridge, i accidentally destroyed mine, but thanks for the info

Do not, my friends, become addicted to a fridge! It will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence!

"Accidentally"...left the stove on didn't you?

Hello !

Just got a small question...Does Hydrocraft change the spawn rate of saws ? Because in my old game i noticed now the difficult to find one, and strangely I had to find routinely in the crates of warehouse, and when i came at the warehouse to search, NO ONE SAW ! I found everything in crates (like axe, sledgehammer, nails, gas tank, plaster, watering can) exept this damn saw :mad: !

I remeber before my long break for playing PZ, that i already got this problem one time (i've searched all warehouse and no one saws !!!) So i finaly find two,three but at the warehouse shelf, did they change spawn position ?!  :shock: . 

Im afraid to play a game and once again never find a saws like the other time.

I've been busy the last couple weeks putting together the first video for my new Hydrocraft Tutorial series.  I hope you all enjoy!  Let me know what you think should be covered next!

I like the video you've put together - dogs are a nicely self-contained part of the game, although I'm disappointed I won't get to ride in a dog-drawn chariot.

I think it'd be worth doing an episode that focuses on the options for making food last longer, particularly those that are close to - but not the same - as base game versions. Things like making jerky, jam, the new pickled vegetables options (and how much nicer they are than the base versions), and maybe juicing fruit, drying fruit, making jerky and salting meat/fish?

I like the video you've put together - dogs are a nicely self-contained part of the game, although I'm disappointed I won't get to ride in a dog-drawn chariot.

I think it'd be worth doing an episode that focuses on the options for making food last longer, particularly those that are close to - but not the same - as base game versions. Things like making jerky, jam, the new pickled vegetables options (and how much nicer they are than the base versions), and maybe juicing fruit, drying fruit, making jerky and salting meat/fish?

Thanks!  I'm not as experienced with all the different preserving aspects of the mod but that's the upside of doing the videos, kind of pushes me to do more exploring and poking around :)  Thanks for the suggestion!

Hello !

Just got a small question...Does Hydrocraft change the spawn rate of saws ? Because in my old game i noticed now the difficult to find one, and strangely I had to find routinely in the crates of warehouse, and when i came at the warehouse to search, NO ONE SAW ! I found everything in crates (like axe, sledgehammer, nails, gas tank, plaster, watering can) exept this damn saw :mad: !

I remeber before my long break for playing PZ, that i already got this problem one time (i've searched all warehouse and no one saws !!!) So i finaly find two,three but at the warehouse shelf, did they change spawn position ?!  :shock: . 

Im afraid to play a game and once again never find a saws like the other time.

Yes and no. It doesn't mess with the spawn rate. However there are more things that can spawn. Thus the game may pick a Hydrocraft item instead of a base game item. However base game items have higher odds of spawning than Hydrocraft items. But there are more Hydrocraft items.