Maska_zgz

Hello everyone. First of all, I would like to apologize for my English, is not my native language, so maybe there are parts of the post in which there is something slightly misspelled. Sorry for this. I spent several hours just to write this post, divided into several days due to my lack of time, due to the creation of all lists of items, especially the list of the 500 most famous books, because I preferred sort this list alphabetically, so you can more easily consult this list. I hope my efforts have achieved a good result. :)

- Literature mod (a short history)

As its name suggests, this mod pretends to be a complete review of the part that concerns to the literature in Project Zomboid. Briefly, the functioning of this mod can seem something very simple. It deletes totally the items of generic literature (Books, Newspapers and Magazines), and substitutes these items by others.

To effects of code, make this mod has been a small and constant headache. The first time that I played to Project Zomboid, and especially, the first time that my first character read a book, I do not like that the book disappeared after of read it. Books can be read many times (In fact, I've read some books several times), and can be used to give life to a campfire in periods of firewood shortages.

Then I had the idea to create a small mod, for personal use, to achieve that the books did not disappear after reading them. This was very easy. Only I had to create an exact copy of the item, and do that when reading the book this was substituted by another book, and then this second book was replaced by the first and like this until the infinite. However, after the addition that allows to write notes in the game, the ReplaceOnUse code left to work for the items related with the literature. Then I decided to find a form to do that the mod works again, and at the same time achieve that the mod changing completely the generic vision of the game about these items.

So, after learning a lot about as it works the modding in Project Zomboid, creating my mod about the marijuana cultivation, I put hands to the work. And this is the result. I expect that it like you.

- Literature mod explained:

Literature Mod eliminates the already mentioned objects of the game, and substitutes them by others. This version of the mod adds 1199 new items to the game. These are the new items created:

- Books: 1140 new books. All these books are books of the real world, that have been carefully chosen during weeks of investigation. I have tried to ensure me that the books selected have been published in english (99.99% of the list), or that in his defect, are books tremendously renowned, and that thus it was possible that a student of literature, a student of languages or simply an immigrant residing in the country, could possess this book.

Also it has given  to each book an approximate weight to the reality, based in his number of pages, and the type of edition of the book (hardcover or paperback). So each book almost has a realistic weight.

For all purposes, the books act like normal books. You can use them as fuel for a campfire and you can also take the pages to use as improvised rolling paper, if you use my Marijuana mod. And of course, the books do not disappear once they have been read. The same can be applied to magazines and newspapers, except that they cannot be used as improvised smoking paper.

- What has been the method used to create the list of books?:

The case is that I did not wanted to do a list done under my criterion, list that surely would be little objective and unrealistic. By all this, the list unifies various lists in the network, trying to avoid include only the lists that only include classic books as the list of The Guardian or other list of Le Monde, so the list provide also space for all kinds of books, including those books more sellers or read during the last years. To accomplish this, also have taken into account the list of the 100 better books of three literary social networks: Goodreads, the greater social network of readers of the world (in English) and the Spanish lists of Quelibroleo and Lecturalia. Besides, has been added the list of the magazine Newsweek, that is to his time, a list based in other ten lists of books. Finally, has been taken into account the magnific list elaborate by the newspaper "El Pais", in where 100 writers chose the 100 books that changed his life. All these lists unified, result in a list of the 500 books more influential of the history.

The scoring system is simple. The first book on each list receives 100 points, second 99, third 98 and so on... until we got to the last book that you are awarded a point. The sum of these scores are been used for compiling the final list.

Also, have selected several famous writers all around the world, and has been created a complete collection of all his books published. The truth is, that the writers selected are in his majority writers and thematic that like me a lot, but also have selected some famous writers because his books have been best-sellers in the last years. Have these complete collections of several famous writers in the mod, allows that the player be involve more with the mod, when he trying to complete the collection of books of one of his favourite writers. It is necessary to take into account, that some of the books of these writers also appeared in the list of the 500 previously mentioned books, so these books were removed from the main list to avoid duplicate books.

In these collections, there are books that follow a particular order, such as those that are part of a saga. With that order, all books have been named so that when you go to look at your shelves, these books appear totally ordered as needed, according to the author's name, name of collection, etc..

However, there are three collections of books that do not fit with all previously said, but these were added to the mod by different reasons. These lists are, the collection of books of zombie thematic, well suited to the game (and I am an devourer of this type of books), the collection of books of the Dragonlance saga (my geek collection) and the collection of cooking books. One day, while selecting books for the mod, I saw that my girlfriend was reading some cooking recipes online. This gave me the idea to put a few cookbooks in the mod, which fit perfectly on the shelves of the kitchens of the game. For all it, this last collection has been added to give a bit more than variety to the list, and has been created to appear especially in the shelvings of the kitchens that there is in a lot of houses of the game.

- Newspapers: 18 new newspapers.

It has not been easy select the newspapers that the mod would add, because I live in Spain, and I do not know the newspapers of United States (except the most known), especially the newspapers of Kentucky, and especially those distributed in the area of Meade and Hardin counties, where develops the game.

However, I think that the list of newspapers chosen after a lot of investigation, should be very approximate to the local, state and nationals newspapers distributed in the area.

- Magazines: 41 new magazines.

Select the magazines for the mod has been a bit easier that select the newspapers, since they have chosen especially magazines of national distribution. But also they have added several magazines that only are distributed in Kentucky area, and some that only distribute in the counties of Meade and Hardin.

- As it works the distribution of these items?

Basically, these items will appear where appeared the old items. For this, has been created new entries / definitions on an original game file, the SuburbsDistributions.lua file. Today, many containers and buildings / rooms are not defined in this file, so it is not possible to generate objects in them through an own script. Therefore I have added these definitions to generate articles on these sites.

In the special case of the books, to facilitate the task to collect the collections of books of famous writers, has been created a script that tries to simulate the habits of reading of the inhabitants of each house. Then, every time that you search in a piece of furniture of a house that contains items related with the literature, there is a very small possibility that the owner of this house was a big fan of a famous writer, and if the result is positive, are generated several books of this collection, beside other generic books. This will help a lot to the hour to complete collections of books, since if it was not like this, the big quantity of books that includes this mod would do very difficult to complete some collections, since there are very small collections, consisting of six books, and others very large, consisting of 174 books.

As it has mentioned before, in the shelvings of the kitchens of the houses are found only cooking books, since it does not have a lot of sense that somebody have in the kitchen another type of books.

The magazines and the newspapers appear at random in almost anywhere, but there are cases in which there is possibilities that they appear some items, and that other items do not appear. For example, after killing a female zombie, there are a lot of chance that it appear a generic magazine, and also may appear magazines directed to an female audience. Will not appear magazines directed to an masculine audience. And the same applies with the male zombies killed.

Also there is some discrimination with the apparition of some "inappropiate" magazines in some places that want to have an appearance of seriousness. By all this, you did not will find magazines of high sexual content in a shop of gifts, for example, but you will be able to find this type of magazines in shops that sell all type of magazines, as for example, in a gas station.

It is necessary to take into account, that there are magazines and newspapers that will appear very often, since they are used by all type of audience in general. However, there are some possibilities to appear magazines and/or newspapers very specific and of circulation very limited, as magazines directed to people with a type of sexual orientation, newspapers directed to a audience of an political orientations very specify, etc.

This helps to create a bit of personality for each house plundered or zombie killed, being able to now imagine that the owner of a house was a fan of books of H. P. Lovecraft and also he had a political orientation very conservative because of the newspapers that he read, for example. Even if you perform an exercise of imagination more deep, you can know that in the house also lived a teenager who likes a lot of fantastic literature, and that this young man did not share the political views of his father because of the magazines found in her bedroom. All this, in my view, reinforces much the role and personality of the former inhabitants of the houses in the game.

And at last, here they are the lists of the items:

- Booklists:

- Book Collections:

- J.R.R. Tolkien book collection (31 books): We could not miss this list in the mod. I am a fan of Tolkien for more than 20 years ago, and I've read all his books (and also I played the RPG based on these books during more of a decade). Also, the recent Peter Jackson movies have attracted a new legion of fans of Tolkien. It is true that many of these books have been edited and published by his son Christopher, but even so are works that can not miss in the house of a Tolkien fan.

Due to all his merits, and because I want that is in this way, the list of Tolkien is the first of all, so unsheathe your elven sword, takes a swig of miruvor and prepare for the long trip that means finding all the books of this collection.

J. R. R. Tolkien collection - The Hobbit or There and Back Again

J. R. R. Tolkien collection - The Lord of the Rings Book 1: The Fellowship of the Ring

J. R. R. Tolkien collection - The Lord of the Rings Book 2: The Two Towers

J. R. R. Tolkien collection - The Lord of the Rings Book 3: The Return of the King

J. R. R. Tolkien collection - The Lord of the Rings Book 4: Appendices to The Lord of the Rings

J. R. R. Tolkien collection - The Lord of the Rings Complete Edition

J. R. R. Tolkien collection - The Silmarillion

J. R. R. Tolkien collection - Unfinished Tales of Numenor and Middle-earth

J. R. R. Tolkien collection - The Book of Lost Tales I

J. R. R. Tolkien collection - The Book of Lost Tales II

J. R. R. Tolkien collection - The Lays of Beleriand

J. R. R. Tolkien collection - The Shaping of Middle-earth

J. R. R. Tolkien collection - The Lost Road and Other Writings

J. R. R. Tolkien collection - The Return of the Shadow

J. R. R. Tolkien collection - The Treason of Isengard

J. R. R. Tolkien collection - The War of the Ring

J. R. R. Tolkien collection - Sauron Defeated

J. R. R. Tolkien collection - Morgoth's Ring

J. R. R. Tolkien collection - The War of the Jewels

J. R. R. Tolkien collection - The Peoples of Middle-earth

J. R. R. Tolkien collection - The History of Middle-earth Index

J. R. R. Tolkien collection - The Children of Hurin

J. R. R. Tolkien collection - The Legend of Sigurd and Gudrun

J. R. R. Tolkien collection - The Fall of Arthur

J. R. R. Tolkien collection - Leaf by Nigglet

J. R. R. Tolkien collection - Farmer Giles of Ham

J. R. R. Tolkien collection - The Adventures of Tom Bombadil and other verses from The Red Book

J. R. R. Tolkien collection - Tree and Leaf: including the poem "Mythopoeia"

J. R. R. Tolkien collection - Smith of Wootton Major

J. R. R. Tolkien collection - Mr. Bliss

J. R. R. Tolkien collection - Roverandom

- George R. R. Martin book collection (32 books):  As in the previous case, the TV series has generated countless number of fans to the books of this great writer, mostly concentrated in the A Song of Ice and Fire saga. I read every book in this saga in particular, and I look forward the next book. However, this author has other books not related to this series, and all are included in this collection.

As you'll see in the list, I added also the unfinished books of A Song of Ice and Fire saga. I've done this because if maybe my character is eaten by a zombie, at least he can die after to know if Tyrion Lannister is marrying with a female Ice Giant. Seriously, all of this of zombie apocalypse happened right after the books were published, and that's it.

George R. R. Martin collection - A Song for Lya

George R. R. Martin collection - Dying of the Light

George R. R. Martin collection - Songs of Stars and Shadows

George R. R. Martin collection - The Ice Dragon

George R. R. Martin collection - Windhaven

George R. R. Martin collection - Sandkings

George R. R. Martin collection - Fevre Dream

George R. R. Martin collection - In the Lost Lands

George R. R. Martin collection - Songs the Dead Men Sing

George R. R. Martin collection - The Armageddon Rag

George R. R. Martin collection - Nightflyers

George R. R. Martin collection - Tuf Voyaging

George R. R. Martin collection - Portraits of His Children

George R. R. Martin collection - The Skin Trade

George R. R. Martin collection - A Song of Ice and Fire Book 1: A Game of Thrones

George R. R. Martin collection - A Song of Ice and Fire Book 2: A Clash of Kings

George R. R. Martin collection - A Song of Ice and Fire Book 3: A Storm of Swords

George R. R. Martin collection - A Song of Ice and Fire Book 4: A Feast for Crows

George R. R. Martin collection - A Song of Ice and Fire Book 5: A Dance with Dragons

George R. R. Martin collection - A Song of Ice and Fire Book 6: The Winds of Winter

George R. R. Martin collection - A Song of Ice and Fire Book 7: A Dream of Spring

George R. R. Martin collection - A Song of Ice and Fire Quotes: The Wit and Wisdom of Tyrion Lannister

George R. R. Martin collection - A Song of Ice and Fire Prequel: The Princess and the Queen

George R. R. Martin collection - A Song of Ice and Fire Prequel: The Rogue Prince

George R. R. Martin collection - A Song of Ice and Fire Reference Book: The World of Ice and Fire

George R. R. Martin collection - Tales of Dunk and Egg Book 1: The Hedge Knight

George R. R. Martin collection - Tales of Dunk and Egg Book 2: The Sworn Sword

George R. R. Martin collection - Tales of Dunk and Egg Book 3: The Mystery Knight

George R. R. Martin collection - Tales of Dunk and Egg Compilation: A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms

George R. R. Martin collection - Quartet

George R. R. Martin collection - GRRM: A RRetrospective

George R. R. Martin collection - Hunter's Run

- H.P. Lovecraft book collection (101 books): I am a role player of the old school for over 20 years, and so the RPG Call of Cthulhu brought to my life many hours of fun for years. The novels and short stories by Lovecraft are small masterpieces written with an almost lost literary style, and although times have changed, remains a point of reference for its genre. I read long ago all the stories of Lovecraft translated into Spanish, but during creating this mod, I have read all the short stories in English that I could never find in my language, some of only 3 or 4 pages, and remain very good despite of the years. All of Lovecraft's stories have been published many times over time, and even though most can be found on websites like Amazon or Goodreads, now due to new technologies other short stories can only be purchased in digital version. Almost all these short stories, can be found on various pages dedicated to this author in the network totally free.

As a side note, have been included in this list not only stories written directly by HP Lovecraft, but also collaborations with other authors and books written under several pseudonyms by Lovecraft and his works as ghostwriter. Nor could miss, in my view, the contributions of the writer August Derleth, Lovecraft's friend and collaborator, who after the death of Lovecraft, gave more life to cthulhu universe in itself, being August Derleth largely the creator of the term "Cthulhu Mythos", and thanks his work, I will could play the great RPG that much later was published. Also have added several compilation books with all of Lovecraft's works, including his poems.

And you never forget this sentence: "In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming"...

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Tomb

H. P. Lovecraft collection - Dagon

H. P. Lovecraft collection - A Reminiscence of Dr. Samuel Johnson

H. P. Lovecraft collection - Polaris

H. P. Lovecraft collection - Beyond the Wall of Sleep

H. P. Lovecraft collection - Memory

H. P. Lovecraft collection - Old Bugs

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Transition of Juan Romero

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The White Ship

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Doom that Came to Sarnath

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Statement of Randolph Carter

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Street

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Terrible Old Man

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Cats of Ulthar

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Tree

H. P. Lovecraft collection - Celephais

H. P. Lovecraft collection - From Beyond

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Temple

H. P. Lovecraft collection - Nyarlathotep

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Picture in the House

H. P. Lovecraft collection - Facts Concerning the Late Arthur Jermyn and His Family

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Nameless City

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Quest of Iranon

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Moon Bog

H. P. Lovecraft collection - Ex-Oblivione

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Other Gods

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Outsider

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Music of Erich Zann

H. P. Lovecraft collection - Sweet Ermengarde

H. P. Lovecraft collection - Hypnos

H. P. Lovecraft collection - What the Moon Brings

H. P. Lovecraft collection - Azathoth

H. P. Lovecraft collection - Herbert West: Reanimator

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Hound

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Lurking Fear

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Rats in the Walls

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Unnamable

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Festival

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Shunned House

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Horror at Red Hook

H. P. Lovecraft collection - He

H. P. Lovecraft collection - In the Vault

H. P. Lovecraft collection - Cool Air

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Call of Cthulhu

H. P. Lovecraft collection - Pickman's Model

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Strange High House in the Mist

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Silver Key

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Case of Charles Dexter Ward

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Colour Out of Space

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Descendant

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Very Old Folk

H. P. Lovecraft collection - History of the Necronomicon

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Dunwich Horror

H. P. Lovecraft collection - Ibid

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Whisperer in Darkness

H. P. Lovecraft collection - At the Mountains of Madness

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Shadow Over Innsmouth

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Dreams in the Witch House

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Thing on the Doorstep

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Book

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Evil Clergyman

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Evil The Shadow Out of Time

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Haunter of the Dark

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Battle that Ended the Century

H. P. Lovecraft collection - Bothon

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Challenge from Beyond

H. P. Lovecraft collection - Collapsing Cosmoses

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Crawling Chaos

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Curse of Yig

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Diary of Alonzo Typer

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Disinterment

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Electric Executioner

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Green Meadow

H. P. Lovecraft collection - Four O'Clock

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Hoard of the Wizard-Beast

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Horror at Martin's Beach

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Horror in the Burying-Ground

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Horror in the Museum

H. P. Lovecraft collection - Imprisoned with the Pharaohs

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Last Test

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Man of Stone

H. P. Lovecraft collection - Medusa's Coil

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Mound

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Night Ocean

H. P. Lovecraft collection - Out of the Aeons

H. P. Lovecraft collection - Poetry of the Gods

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Slaying of the Monster

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Sorcery of Aphlar

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Thing in the Moonlight

H. P. Lovecraft collection - Through the Gates of the Silver Key

H. P. Lovecraft collection - Till A’the Seas

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Trap

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Tree on the Hill

H. P. Lovecraft collection - Two Black Bottles

H. P. Lovecraft collection - In the Walls of Eryx

H. P. Lovecraft collection - Winged Death

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Cthulhu Mythos

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Complete Works of H. P. Lovecraft Volume 1: 70 Horror Short Stories Novels and Juvenilia

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Complete Works of H. P. Lovecraft Volume 2: 32 Lovecraft Collaborations and Ghost Writings

H. P. Lovecraft collection - The Ancient Track: The Complete Poetical Works

- Jules Verne book collection (63 books): Another author that I think everyone knows. Most of us have read some (or many) of the books by Jules Verne. Even people who have not read one of his books have certainly seen a movie based on one of his books. It is one of the major influences in the genre of science fiction and a incredible visionary ahead of his time, since he imagined many inventions before anyone else, that would later appear in the real world. Long before anyone else, he imagined weapons of mass destruction, helicopters, elevators, internet, submarines and much more.

Have been avoided literary works published later by his son, Michel Verne, because although supposedly are based on his father's work, they are actually very manipulated by Michel, sometimes intensely altered. However, many of these original works never published by Jules Verne, was published without any alteration of Michel years later, and these have been included in this list. Without further ado, here is the list of his works.

Jules Verne collection - Five Weeks in a Balloon

Jules Verne collection - The Adventures of Captain Hatteras

Jules Verne collection - Journey to the Center of the Earth

Jules Verne collection - From the Earth to the Moon

Jules Verne collection - In Search of the Castaways

Jules Verne collection - Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea

Jules Verne collection - All Around the Moon

Jules Verne collection - A Floating City

Jules Verne collection - The Adventures of Three Englishmen and Three Russians in South Africa

Jules Verne collection - The Fur Country

Jules Verne collection - Around the World in Eighty Days

Jules Verne collection - The Mysterious Island

Jules Verne collection - The Survivors of the Chancellor

Jules Verne collection - Michael Strogoff

Jules Verne collection - Off on a Comet

Jules Verne collection - The Child of the Cavern

Jules Verne collection - Dick Sand, A Captain at Fifteen

Jules Verne collection - The Begum's Millions

Jules Verne collection - Tribulations of a Chinaman in China

Jules Verne collection - The Steam House

Jules Verne collection - Eight Hundred Leagues on the Amazon

Jules Verne collection - Godfrey Morgan

Jules Verne collection - The Green Ray

Jules Verne collection - Keraban the Inflexible

Jules Verne collection - The Vanished Diamond

Jules Verne collection - The Archipelago on Fire

Jules Verne collection - Mathias Sandorf

Jules Verne collection - The Lottery Ticket

Jules Verne collection - Robur the Conqueror

Jules Verne collection - North Against South

Jules Verne collection - The Flight to France

Jules Verne collection - Two Years Vacation

Jules Verne collection - Family Without a Name

Jules Verne collection - The Purchase of the North Pole

Jules Verne collection - Cesar Cascabel

Jules Verne collection - Mistress Branican

Jules Verne collection - Carpathian Castle

Jules Verne collection - Claudius Bombarnac

Jules Verne collection - Foundling Mick

Jules Verne collection - Captain Antifer

Jules Verne collection - Propeller Island

Jules Verne collection - Facing the Flag

Jules Verne collection - Clovis Dardentor

Jules Verne collection - An Antarctic Mystery

Jules Verne collection - The Mighty Orinoco

Jules Verne collection - The Will of an Eccentric

Jules Verne collection - The Castaways of the Flag

Jules Verne collection - The Village in the Treetops

Jules Verne collection - The Sea Serpent

Jules Verne collection - The Kip Brothers

Jules Verne collection - Travel Scholarships

Jules Verne collection - Drama in Livonia

Jules Verne collection - The Master of the World

Jules Verne collection - Invasion of the Sea

Jules Verne collection - Backwards to Britain

Jules Verne collection - Paris in the Twentieth Century

Jules Verne collection - The Secret of Wilhelm Storitz

Jules Verne collection - The Golden Volcano

Jules Verne collection - The Lighthouse at the End of the World

Jules Verne collection - 1839 A Priest

Jules Verne collection - Uncle Robinson

Jules Verne collection - The Beautiful Yellow Danube

Jules Verne collection - Tales of Jules Verne

- J.K. Rowling book collection (13 books): Despite not having read personally any of these books, although I've seen all the movies, is undeniable the impact that the saga of "muggle" Harry Potter has had on the world of cinema and literature.  In fact, the books in this series have sold as many copies, who have made of J.K. Rowling the first and thus far only billionaire author. 

Therefore, to avoid that the Dementors get angry and come to my house or who J.K. Rowling hits me with a big wad of cash, let's start with the list of books by J.K. Rowling.

J. K. Rowling collection - Harry Potter Book 1: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

J. K. Rowling collection - Harry Potter Book 2: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets

J. K. Rowling collection - Harry Potter Book 3: Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

J. K. Rowling collection - Harry Potter Book 4: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

J. K. Rowling collection - Harry Potter Book 5: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

J. K. Rowling collection - Harry Potter Book 6: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

J. K. Rowling collection - Harry Potter Book 7: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

J. K. Rowling collection - Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them

J. K. Rowling collection - Quidditch Through the Ages

J. K. Rowling collection - The Tales of Beedle the Bard

J. K. Rowling collection - The Casual Vacancy

J. K. Rowling collection - The Cuckoo's Calling

J. K. Rowling collection - The Silkworm

- Suzanne Collins book collection (11 books): As in the previous case of J.K. Rowling, Suzanne Collins, despite being a well-known TV writer and screenwriter, is best known for his trilogy The Hunger Games, and to a lesser extent but not least, by his other saga, The Underland Chronicles. The books of the The Hunger Games series, were the best sellers in the US during months, only behind of the Harry Potter books, and the movies based on his novels also have achieved great popularity.

So here you have all the books in the collection of Suzanne Collins:

Suzanne Collins collection - The Hunger Games Trilogy Book 1: The Hunger Games

Suzanne Collins collection - The Hunger Games Trilogy Book 2: Catching Fire

Suzanne Collins collection - The Hunger Games Trilogy Book 3: Mockingjay

Suzanne Collins collection - The Underland Chronicles Book 1: Gregor the Overlander

Suzanne Collins collection - The Underland Chronicles Book 2: Gregor and the Prophecy of Bane

Suzanne Collins collection - The Underland Chronicles Book 3: Gregor and the Curse of the Warmbloods

Suzanne Collins collection - The Underland Chronicles Book 4: Gregor and the Marks of Secret

Suzanne Collins collection - The Underland Chronicles Book 5: Gregor and the Code of Claw

Suzanne Collins collection - Fire Proof (Mystery Files of Shelby Woo)

Suzanne Collins collection - When Charlie McButton Lost Power

Suzanne Collins collection - Year of the Jungle

- C.S. Lewis Fiction book collection (18 books): This fantastic British writer, a close friend of J.R.R. Tolkien, is known worldwide and his work is very extensive. However, his best known works are his books of fiction, and therefore, only include that kind of books in the list . His best known works are The Screwtape Letters, The Chronicles of Narnia and The Space Trilogy, as well as other books of Christian apologetics not mentioned in this list. Also very popular is the series of films based on his books of The Chronicles of Narnia, where a wardrobe can be much more than it seems.

So with the permission of Aslan, here have the collection of books of C.S. Lewis.

C. S. Lewis collection - The Pilgrim's Regress

C. S. Lewis collection - The Space Trilogy Book 1: Out of the Silent Planet

C. S. Lewis collection - The Space Trilogy Book 2: Perelandra

C. S. Lewis collection - The Space Trilogy Book 3: That Hideous Strength

C. S. Lewis collection - The Screwtape Letters

C. S. Lewis collection - The Great Divorce

C. S. Lewis collection - The Chronicles of Narnia Book 1: The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe

C. S. Lewis collection - The Chronicles of Narnia Book 2: Prince Caspian

C. S. Lewis collection - The Chronicles of Narnia Book 3: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

C. S. Lewis collection - The Chronicles of Narnia Book 4: The Silver Chair

C. S. Lewis collection - The Chronicles of Narnia Book 5: The Horse and His Boy

C. S. Lewis collection - The Chronicles of Narnia Book 6: The Magician's Nephew

C. S. Lewis collection - The Chronicles of Narnia Book 7: The Last Battle

C. S. Lewis collection - Till We Have Faces

C. S. Lewis collection - Ministering Angels (Magazine Fantasy and Science Fiction)

C. S. Lewis collection - Screwtape Proposes a Toast

C. S. Lewis collection - The Dark Tower

C. S. Lewis collection - Boxen: The Imaginary World of the Young C. S. Lewis

- Stephen King book collection (76 books): Stephen King is an American author of contemporary horror, suspense, science fiction, and fantasy famous all around the world, with hundreds of millions of books sold, and many literary prizes. Furthermore, based on many of his books, have created numerous television series and films. Carrie, It, Misery, and his great (and my favorite) work, The Dark Tower series, are just some of the many books of this prolific writer. Therefore, I think this marvelous writer deserves a own collection in this mod.

Thus, under the watchful eye of the man in black, here you have the list of his works:

Stephen King collection - Carrie

Stephen King collection - Salem's Lot

Stephen King collection - The Shining

Stephen King collection - Rage

Stephen King collection - The Stand

Stephen King collection - The Long Walk

Stephen King collection - The Dead Zone

Stephen King collection - Firestarter

Stephen King collection - Roadwork

Stephen King collection - Cujo

Stephen King collection - The Running Man

Stephen King collection - The Dark Tower Book 1: The Gunslinger

Stephen King collection - The Dark Tower Book 2: The Drawing of the Three

Stephen King collection - The Dark Tower Book 3: The Waste Lands

Stephen King collection - The Dark Tower Book 4: Wizard and Glass

Stephen King collection - The Dark Tower Book 5: Wolves of the Calla

Stephen King collection - The Dark Tower Book 6: Song of Susannah

Stephen King collection - The Dark Tower Book 7: The Dark Tower

Stephen King collection - The Dark Tower Book 8: The Wind Through the Keyhole

Stephen King collection - Christine

Stephen King collection - Pet Sematary

Stephen King collection - Cycle of the Werewolf

Stephen King collection - The Talisman

Stephen King collection - Thinner

Stephen King collection - It

Stephen King collection - The Eyes of the Dragon

Stephen King collection - Misery

Stephen King collection - The Tommyknockers

Stephen King collection - The Dark Half

Stephen King collection - Needful Things

Stephen King collection - Gerald's Game

Stephen King collection - Dolores Claiborne

Stephen King collection - Insomnia

Stephen King collection - Rose Madder

Stephen King collection - The Green Mile

Stephen King collection - Desperation

Stephen King collection - The Regulators

Stephen King collection - Bag of Bones

Stephen King collection - The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon

Stephen King collection - Dreamcatcher

Stephen King collection - Black House

Stephen King collection - From a Buick 8

Stephen King collection - The Colorado Kid

Stephen King collection - Cell

Stephen King collection - Lisey's Story

Stephen King collection - Blaze

Stephen King collection - Duma Key

Stephen King collection - Under the Dome

Stephen King collection - 11-22-63

Stephen King collection - Joyland

Stephen King collection - Doctor Sleep

Stephen King collection - Mr. Mercedes

Stephen King collection - Revival

Stephen King collection - Finders Keepers

Stephen King collection - Night Shift

Stephen King collection - Different Seasons

Stephen King collection - Skeleton Crew

Stephen King collection - The Bachman Books

Stephen King collection - Four Past Midnight

Stephen King collection - Nightmares and Dreamscapes

Stephen King collection - Hearts in Atlantis

Stephen King collection - Everything's Eventual: 14 Dark Tales

Stephen King collection - Just After Sunset

Stephen King collection - Full Dark No Stars

Stephen King collection - Riding the Bullet

Stephen King collection - Ur

Stephen King collection - Throttle

Stephen King collection - Blockade Billy

Stephen King collection - Mile 81

Stephen King collection - A Face in the Crowd

Stephen King collection - In the Tall Grass

Stephen King collection - Danse Macabre

Stephen King collection - Nightmares in the Sky

Stephen King collection - On Writing

Stephen King collection - Secret Windows

Stephen King collection - Faithful

- Stephenie Meyer book collection (8 books): Stephenie Meyer, as in some cases already mentioned, has reached popularity with a single saga, the Twilight saga. But that popularity achieved in a very short time has been tremendous. The books in this series have served as the basis for several movies, which are also extremely popular and have many fans. I personally have not read or will read this saga, because although I have seen the movies, and the final battle was pretty good, would have preferred a movie based on the adventures of a Nosferatu, a Gangrel, a Brujah and a Tzimisce in an universe based in the RPG Vampire: the Masquerade, prior to a love story full of vampires decaffeinated.

But hey, it's all a matter of taste, so here you have the books by Stephenie Meyer.

Stephenie Meyer collection - Twilight series Book 1: Twilight

Stephenie Meyer collection - Twilight series Book 2: New Moon

Stephenie Meyer collection - Twilight series Book 3: Eclipse

Stephenie Meyer collection - Twilight series Book 4: Breaking Dawn

Stephenie Meyer collection - Twilight series Book 5: The Short Second Life of Bree Tanner

Stephenie Meyer collection - Twilight series Book 6: The Twilight Saga: The Official Illustrated Guide

Stephenie Meyer collection - The Host

Stephenie Meyer collection - Prom Nights from Hell

- Dragonlance book collection (174 books): Yes, you've read it correctly. This collection has 174 books. It is the largest collection of the mod. And the most geek collection of the mod too, with the possible exception of the collection of books about zombies. Although I like more the world of Dark Sun, in the past I read a lot of Dragonlance novels, and I've also been a player in this RPG many years ago. As a collection of Dark Sun is rather small, and as the history of Dragonlance universe is very attractive, I have decided to include this collection of books in the mod. A notice, I've discarded by simple purism, the young adult readers novels created in the last years for this universe.

So before Tasslehoff Burrfoot "find" (because the kenders not steal, make it clear) some of these books and these disappears from the list, here you have the vast collection of books of Dragonlance.

Dragonlance collection - Adventures in Krynn: Tales of Uncle Trapspringer

Dragonlance collection - Dragonlance Tales Book 1: The Magic of Krynn

Dragonlance collection - Dragonlance Tales Book 2: Kender Gully Dwarves and Gnomes

Dragonlance collection - Dragonlance Tales Book 3: Love and War

Dragonlance collection - Dragonlance Tales II Book 1: The Reign of Istar

Dragonlance collection - Dragonlance Tales II Book 2: The Cataclysm

Dragonlance collection - Dragonlance Tales II Book 2: The War of the Lance

Dragonlance collection - Dragons Anthologies Book 1: The Dragons of Krynn

Dragonlance collection - Dragons Anthologies Book 2: The Dragons at War

Dragonlance collection - Dragons Anthologies Book 3: The Dragons of Chaos

Dragonlance collection - Tales of the Fifth Age Book 1: Relics and Omens

Dragonlance collection - Tales of the Fifth Age Book 2: Heroes and Fools

Dragonlance collection - Tales of the Fifth Age Book 3: Rebels and Tyrants

Dragonlance collection - Tales from the War of Souls Book 1: The Search for Magic: Tales from the War of Souls

Dragonlance collection - Tales from the War of Souls Book 2: The Players of Gilean: Tales from the World of Krynn

Dragonlance collection - Tales from the War of Souls Book 3: The Search for Power: Dragons from the War of Souls

Dragonlance collection - Further Dragons Anthologies Book 1: Dragons: Worlds Afire

Dragonlance collection - Further Dragons Anthologies Book 2: Dragons of Time

Dragonlance collection - Dragonlance Anthology Book 1: The Best of Tales Volume One

Dragonlance collection - Dragonlance Anthology Book 2: The Best of Tales Volume Two

Dragonlance collection - Dragonlance Anthology Book 3: Dragons in the Archives: The Best of Weis and Hickman Anthology

Dragonlance collection - The Anvil of Time Book 1: The Sellsword

Dragonlance collection - The Anvil of Time Book 2: The Survivors

Dragonlance collection - The Anvil of Time Book 3: Renegade Wizards

Dragonlance collection - The Anvil of Time Book 4: The Forest King

Dragonlance collection - The Age of Mortals Book 1: Conundrum

Dragonlance collection - The Age of Mortals Book 2: The Lioness

Dragonlance collection - The Age of Mortals Book 3: Dark Thane

Dragonlance collection - The Age of Mortals Book 4: Prisoner of Haven

Dragonlance collection - The Age of Mortals Book 5: Wizards' Conclave

Dragonlance collection - The Age of Mortals Book 6: The Lake of Death

Dragonlance collection - The Barbarians Book 1: Children of the Plains

Dragonlance collection - The Barbarians Book 2: Brother of the Dragon

Dragonlance collection - The Barbarians Book 3: Sister of the Sword

Dragonlance collection - Bertrem's Guides Book 1: Bertrem's Guide to the Age of Mortals

Dragonlance collection - Bertrem's Guides Book 2: Bertrem's Guide to the War of Souls Volume One

Dragonlance collection - Bertrem's Guides Book 3: Bertrem's Guide to the War of Souls Volume Two

Dragonlance collection - Bridges of Time Book 1: Spirit of the Wind

Dragonlance collection - Bridges of Time Book 2: Legacy of Steel

Dragonlance collection - Bridges of Time Book 3: The Silver Stair

Dragonlance collection - Bridges of Time Book 4: The Rose and the Skull

Dragonlance collection - Bridges of Time Book 5: Dezra's Quest

Dragonlance collection - Champions Book 1: Saving Solace

Dragonlance collection - Champions Book 2: The Alien Sea

Dragonlance collection - Champions Book 3: The Great White Wyrm

Dragonlance collection - Champions Book 4: Protecting Palanthas

Dragonlance collection - Chaos War Book 1: The Doom Brigade

Dragonlance collection - Chaos War Book 2: The Last Thane

Dragonlance collection - Chaos War Book 3: Tears of the Night Sky

Dragonlance collection - Chaos War Book 4: The Puppet King

Dragonlance collection - Chaos War Book 5: Reavers of the Blood Sea

Dragonlance collection - Chaos War Book 6: The Siege of Mt. Nevermind

Dragonlance collection - Chronicles Book 1: Dragons of Autumn Twilight

Dragonlance collection - Chronicles Book 2: Dragons of Winter Night

Dragonlance collection - Chronicles Book 3: Dragons of Spring Dawning

Dragonlance collection - Chronicles Book 4: The Annotated Chronicles

Dragonlance collection - Chronicles Book 5: Dragonlance Chronicles: Special Edition

Dragonlance collection - Chronicles Book 6: Dragonlance Chronicles Trilogy: A Dragonlance Omnibus

Dragonlance collection - The New Generation Book 1: The Second Generation

Dragonlance collection - The New Generation Book 2: Dragons of Summer Flame

Dragonlance collection - The Lost Chronicles Book 1: Dragons of the Dwarven Depths

Dragonlance collection - The Lost Chronicles Book 2: Dragons of the Highlord Skies

Dragonlance collection - The Lost Chronicles Book 3: Dragons of the Hourglass Mage

Dragonlance collection - Classics Book 1: Murder in Tarsis

Dragonlance collection - Classics Book 2: Dalamar the Dark

Dragonlance collection - Classics Book 3: The Citadel

Dragonlance collection - Classics Book 4: The Inheritance

Dragonlance collection - Crossroads Book 1: The Clandestine Circle

Dragonlance collection - Crossroads Book 2: The Thieves' Guild

Dragonlance collection - Crossroads Book 3: Dragon's Bluff

Dragonlance collection - Crossroads Book 4: The Dragon Isles

Dragonlance collection - Crossroads Book 5: The Middle of Nowhere

Dragonlance collection - The Dark Disciple Book 1: Amber and Ashes

Dragonlance collection - The Dark Disciple Book 2: Amber and Iron

Dragonlance collection - The Dark Disciple Book 3: Amber and Blood

Dragonlance collection - Defenders of Magic Book 1: Night of the Eye

Dragonlance collection - Defenders of Magic Book 2: The Medusa Plague

Dragonlance collection - Defenders of Magic Book 3: The Seventh Sentinel

Dragonlance collection - Dhamon Saga Book 1: Downfall

Dragonlance collection - Dhamon Saga Book 2: Betrayal

Dragonlance collection - Dhamon Saga Book 3: Redemption

Dragonlance collection - Dragons of a New Age Book 1: The Dawning of a New Age

Dragonlance collection - Dragons of a New Age Book 2: The Day of the Tempest

Dragonlance collection - Dragons of a New Age Book 3: The Eve of the Maelstrom

Dragonlance collection - Dwarf Home Book 1: The Secret of Pax Tharkas

Dragonlance collection - Dwarf Home Book 2: Heir of Kayolin

Dragonlance collection - Dwarf Home Book 3: The Fate of Thorbardin

Dragonlance collection - Dwarven Nations Book 1: The Covenant of the Forge

Dragonlance collection - Dwarven Nations Book 2: Hammer and Axe

Dragonlance collection - Dwarven Nations Book 3: The Swordsheath Scroll

Dragonlance collection - Elven Exiles Book 1: Sanctuary

Dragonlance collection - Elven Exiles Book 2: Alliances

Dragonlance collection - Elven Exiles Book 3: Destiny

Dragonlance collection - Elven Nations Book 1: Firstborn

Dragonlance collection - Elven Nations Book 2: The Kinslayer Wars

Dragonlance collection - Elven Nations Book 3: The Qualinesti

Dragonlance collection - Ergoth Book 1: A Warrior's Journey

Dragonlance collection - Ergoth Book 2: The Wizard's Fate

Dragonlance collection - Ergoth Book 3: A Hero's Justice

Dragonlance collection - Heroes Book 1: The Legend of Huma

Dragonlance collection - Heroes Book 2: Stormblade

Dragonlance collection - Heroes Book 3: Weasel's Luck

Dragonlance collection - Heroes Book 4: Kaz the Minotaur

Dragonlance collection - Heroes Book 5: The Gates of Thorbardin

Dragonlance collection - Heroes Book 6: Galen Beknighted

Dragonlance collection - Icewall Book 1: The Messenger

Dragonlance collection - Icewall Book 2: The Golden Orb

Dragonlance collection - Icewall Book 3: Winterheim

Dragonlance collection - Kang's Regiment Book 1: The Doom Brigade

Dragonlance collection - Kang's Regiment Book 2: Draconian Measures

Dragonlance collection - Kingpriest Book 1: Chosen of the Gods

Dragonlance collection - Kingpriest Book 2: Divine Hammer

Dragonlance collection - Kingpriest Book 3: Sacred Fire

Dragonlance collection - Leaves from the Inn of the Last Home Book 1: Leaves from the Inn of the Last Home

Dragonlance collection - Leaves from the Inn of the Last Home Book 2: More Leaves from the Inn of the Last Home

Dragonlance collection - Leaves from the Inn of the Last Home Book 3: Lost Leaves from the Inn of the Last Home

Dragonlance collection - Legends Book 1: Time of the Twins

Dragonlance collection - Legends Book 2: War of the Twins

Dragonlance collection - Legends Book 3: Test of the Twins

Dragonlance collection - Linsha Book 1: City of the Lost

Dragonlance collection - Linsha Book 2: Flight of the Fallen

Dragonlance collection - Linsha Book 3: Return of the Exile

Dragonlance collection - Lost Histories Book 1: The Kagonesti

Dragonlance collection - Lost Histories Book 2: The Irda

Dragonlance collection - Lost Histories Book 3: The Dargonesti

Dragonlance collection - Lost Histories Book 4: Land of the Minotaurs

Dragonlance collection - Lost Histories Book 5: The Gully Dwarves

Dragonlance collection - Lost Histories Book 6: The Dragons

Dragonlance collection - Lost Legends Book 1: Vinas Solamnus

Dragonlance collection - Lost Legends Book 2: Fistandantilus Reborn

Dragonlance collection - Meetings Sextet Book 1: Kindred Spirits

Dragonlance collection - Meetings Sextet Book 2: Wanderlust

Dragonlance collection - Meetings Sextet Book 3: Dark Heart

Dragonlance collection - Meetings Sextet Book 4: The Oath and the Measure

Dragonlance collection - Meetings Sextet Book 5: Steel and Stone

Dragonlance collection - Meetings Sextet Book 6: The Companions

Dragonlance collection - The Minotaur Wars Book 1: Night of Blood

Dragonlance collection - The Minotaur Wars Book 2: Tides of Blood

Dragonlance collection - The Minotaur Wars Book 3: Empire of Blood

Dragonlance collection - The Odyssey of Gilthanas

Dragonlance collection - Ogre Titans Book 1: Black Talon

Dragonlance collection - Ogre Titans Book 2: The Fire Rose

Dragonlance collection - Ogre Titans Book 3: The Gargoyle King

Dragonlance collection - Preludes Book 1: Darkness and Light

Dragonlance collection - Preludes Book 2: Kendermore

Dragonlance collection - Preludes Book 3: Brothers Majere

Dragonlance collection - Preludes Book 4: Riverwind the Plainsman

Dragonlance collection - Preludes Book 5: Flint the King

Dragonlance collection - Preludes Book 6: Tanis the Shadow Years

Dragonlance collection - Rise of Solamnia Book 1: Lord of the Rose

Dragonlance collection - Rise of Solamnia Book 2: The Crown and the Sword

Dragonlance collection - Rise of Solamnia Book 3: The Measure and the Truth

Dragonlance collection - The Stonetellers Book 1: The Rebellion

Dragonlance collection - The Stonetellers Book 2: Death March

Dragonlance collection - The Stonetellers Book 3: Goblin Nation

Dragonlance collection - Taladas Book 1: Blades of the Tiger

Dragonlance collection - Taladas Book 2: Trail of the Black Wyrm

Dragonlance collection - Taladas Book 3: Shadow of the Flame

Dragonlance collection - Villains Book 1: Before the Mask

Dragonlance collection - Villains Book 2: The Black Wing

Dragonlance collection - Villains Book 3: Emperor of Ansalon

Dragonlance collection - Villains Book 4: Hederick the Theocrat

Dragonlance collection - Villains Book 5: Lord Toede

Dragonlance collection - Villains Book 6: The Dark Queen

Dragonlance collection - The War of Souls Book 1: Dragons of a Fallen Sun

Dragonlance collection - The War of Souls Book 2: Dragons of a Lost Star

Dragonlance collection - The War of Souls Book 3: Dragons of a Vanished Moon

Dragonlance collection - The Warriors Book 1: Knights of the Crown

Dragonlance collection - The Warriors Book 2: Maquesta Kar-Thon

Dragonlance collection - The Warriors Book 3: Knights of the Sword

Dragonlance collection - The Warriors Book 4: Theros Ironfeld

Dragonlance collection - The Warriors Book 5: Knights of the Rose

Dragonlance collection - The Warriors Book 6: Lord Soth

Dragonlance collection - The Warriors Book 7: The Wayward Knights

- Jean M. Auel book collection (6 books): Jean M. Auel just has written six books in a saga, and these books are known worldwide. The first book in this collection is the most famous, The Clan of the Cave Bear, and also is wherein has received more awards. This collection has been added to the mod for two reasons. First, it is a collection that I really like, and second, that too many others have read these books, as evidenced by the nearly 50 million books sold.

Here you have the list of books by Jean M. Auel.

Jean M. Auel - Earth's Children Book 1: The Clan of the Cave Bear

Jean M. Auel - Earth's Children Book 2: The Valley of Horses

Jean M. Auel - Earth's Children Book 3: The Mammoth Hunters

Jean M. Auel - Earth's Children Book 4: The Plains of Passage

Jean M. Auel - Earth's Children Book 5: The Shelters of Stone

Jean M. Auel - Earth's Children Book 6: The Land of Painted Caves

- Zombies book collection (83 books): And here my most dearest collection, the jewel of the crown, with permission from Tolkien. I've been reading many books and comics about zombies since long before the zombie fashion are catapulted to the stars thanks to the comics and the TV series The Walking Dead. Logically, thanks to this trend have been published very many more books of this genre, and I love this large amount of books, even though the level of many of them is very low. Some of these books are about infected or possessed, not about the classic Romero zombie, but are classified as zombie literature.

I have read 90% of the books of this list, and many others that have been published in my native language but not in English, but here are only included books that have been published in English. There are more books published about zombies, but I think the list is already quite long and includes many of the best, and maybe this list will be increased in future updates.

No need to explain about why this list is included in the mod. It fits perfectly with the game, and is a booming fashion. Also, reading these books maybe helps to survive our characters...

So lock the windows with barricades, have a hammer in the hand, and read every book on this list.

Zombies collection - David Moody - Autumn Book 1: Autumn

Zombies collection - David Moody - Autumn Book 2: Autumn: The City

Zombies collection - David Moody - Autumn Book 3: Autumn: Purification

Zombies collection - David Moody - Autumn Book 4: Autumn: Disintegration

Zombies collection - David Moody - Autumn Book 5: Autumn: Aftermath

Zombies collection - David Moody - Autumn Book 6: Autumn: The Human Condition

Zombies collection - Mira Grant - Newsflesh Book 1: Feed

Zombies collection - Mira Grant - Newsflesh Book 2: Deadline

Zombies collection - Mira Grant - Newsflesh Book 3: Blackout

Zombies collection - Joe McKinney - Dead World Book 1: Dead City

Zombies collection - Joe McKinney - Dead World Book 2: Apocalypse of the Dead

Zombies collection - Joe McKinney - Dead World Book 3: Flesh Eaters

Zombies collection - Joe McKinney - Dead World Book 4: Mutated

Zombies collection - Joe McKinney - Dead World Book 5: Dead World Resurrection

Zombies collection - Brian Keene - The Rising Book 1: The Rising

Zombies collection - Brian Keene - The Rising Book 2: City of the Dead

Zombies collection - Brian Keene - The Rising Book 3: Selected Scenes from the End of the World

Zombies collection - Jonathan Maberry - Dead of Night Book 1: Dead of Night

Zombies collection - Jonathan Maberry - Dead of Night Book 2: Fall of Night

Zombies collection - Carrie Ryan - The Forest of Hands and Teeth Book 1: The Forest of Hands and Teeth

Zombies collection - Carrie Ryan - The Forest of Hands and Teeth Book 2: The Dead Tossed Waves

Zombies collection - Carrie Ryan - The Forest of Hands and Teeth Book 3: The Dark and Hollow Places

Zombies collection - David Wellington - Zombies Book 1: Monster Island

Zombies collection - David Wellington - Zombies Book 2: Monster Nation

Zombies collection - David Wellington - Zombies Book 3: Monster Planet

Zombies collection - S. D. Perry - Resident Evil Book 1: Zero Hour

Zombies collection - S. D. Perry - Resident Evil Book 2: The Umbrella Conspiracy

Zombies collection - S. D. Perry - Resident Evil Book 3: Caliban Cove

Zombies collection - S. D. Perry - Resident Evil Book 4: City of the Dead

Zombies collection - S. D. Perry - Resident Evil Book 5: Underworld

Zombies collection - S. D. Perry - Resident Evil Book 6: Nemesis

Zombies collection - S. D. Perry - Resident Evil Book 7: Code: Veronica

Zombies collection - D. L. Snell - The Undead: Zombie Anthology

Zombies collection - John Ringo - Under a Graveyard Sky

Zombies collection - Robert Kirkman - The Governor Series Book 1: The Walking Dead: Rise of the Governor

Zombies collection - Robert Kirkman - The Governor Series Book 2: The Walking Dead: Just Another Day at the Office

Zombies collection - Robert Kirkman - The Governor Series Book 3: The Walking Dead: The Road to Woodbury

Zombies collection - Robert Kirkman - The Governor Series Book 4: The Walking Dead: The Fall of the Governor: Part One

Zombies collection - Robert Kirkman - The Governor Series Book 5: The Walking Dead: The Fall of the Governor: Part Two

Zombies collection - Robert Kirkman - The Governor Series Book 6: The Walking Dead: Descent

Zombies collection - Robert Kirkman - The Walking Dead Graphic Novel Book 1

Zombies collection - Robert Kirkman - The Walking Dead Graphic Novel Book 2

Zombies collection - Robert Kirkman - The Walking Dead Graphic Novel Book 3

Zombies collection - Robert Kirkman - The Walking Dead Graphic Novel Book 4

Zombies collection - Robert Kirkman - The Walking Dead Graphic Novel Book 5

Zombies collection - Robert Kirkman - The Walking Dead Graphic Novel Book 6

Zombies collection - Robert Kirkman - The Walking Dead Graphic Novel Book 7

Zombies collection - Robert Kirkman - The Walking Dead Graphic Novel Book 8

Zombies collection - Robert Kirkman - The Walking Dead Graphic Novel Book 9

Zombies collection - Robert Kirkman - The Walking Dead Graphic Novel Book 10

Zombies collection - Max Brooks - World War Z: An Oral History of the Zombie War

Zombies collection - Max Brooks - The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead

Zombies collection - Max Brooks - The Zombie Survival Guide: Recorded Attacks

Zombies collection - Max Brooks - Closure Limited

Zombies collection - Max Brooks - The Extinction Parade Volume 1

Zombies collection - Chris Lane - Zombies: A Record of the Year of Infection

Zombies collection - Colson Whitehead - Zone One

Zombies collection - Stephen Jones - Zombie Apocalypse! Book 1: Zombie Apocalypse!

Zombies collection - Stephen Jones - Zombie Apocalypse! Book 2: Zombie Apocalypse! Fightback

Zombies collection - J.L. Bourne - Day by Day Armageddon Book 1: Day by Day Armageddon

Zombies collection - J.L. Bourne - Day by Day Armageddon Book 2: Day by Day Armageddon: Beyond Exile

Zombies collection - J.L. Bourne - Day by Day Armageddon Book 3: Day by Day Armageddon: Shattered Hourglass

Zombies collection - J.L. Bourne - Day by Day Armageddon Book 4: Day by Day Armageddon: Origin to Exile

Zombies collection - Rhiannon Frater - As the World Dies Book 1: The First Days

Zombies collection - Rhiannon Frater - As the World Dies Book 2: Fighting to Survive

Zombies collection - Rhiannon Frater - As the World Dies Book 3: Siege

Zombies collection - Mark Tufo - Zombie Fallout

Zombies collection - Mark Tufo - Zombie Fallout 2: A Plague Upon Your Family

Zombies collection - Mark Tufo - Zombie Fallout 3: The End

Zombies collection - Mark Tufo - Zombie Fallout 4: The End Has Come and Gone

Zombies collection - Mark Tufo - Zombie Fallout 5: Alive In A Dead World

Zombies collection - Mark Tufo - Zombie Fallout 6: 'Till Death Do Us Part

Zombies collection - Mark Tufo - Zombie Fallout 7: For the Fallen

Zombies collection - Mark Tufo - Zombie Fallout 8: Dr. Hugh Mann

Zombies collection - Richard Matheson - I Am Legend

Zombies collection - Craig DiLouie - Tooth and Nail

Zombies collection - Craig DiLouie - The Infection Book 1: The Infection

Zombies collection - Craig DiLouie - The Infection Book 2: The Killing Floor

Zombies collection - Bobby Adair - Slow Burn Book 1: Slow Burn: Zero Day

Zombies collection - Bobby Adair - Slow Burn Book 2: Slow Burn: Infected

Zombies collection - Bobby Adair - Slow Burn Book 3: Slow Burn: Destroyer

Zombies collection - Bobby Adair - Slow Burn Book 4: Slow Burn: Dead Fire

Zombies collection - Bobby Adair - Slow Burn Book 5: Slow Burn: Torrent

- Cookbooks collection (54 books): This is the strangest collection of mod. Or maybe the most normal. As I mentioned before, it occurred to me to include this collection in the mod after seeing my girlfriend reading cooking recipes online. This solved one of the dumbest problems in this mod, see appear a book of Tolkien or The Art of War on the shelf of a kitchen. Not much more to explain about it.

Here you have a long and varied list of cookbooks. Surely no one wants to read the books from this list, however, I suggest as minimum read the titles of the first three books. This books are real cookbooks, and really worth reading their titles, because they are very curious. Bon appétit.

Cookbooks collection - Lauren Wilson - The Art of Eating through the Zombie Apocalypse: A Cookbook and Culinary Survival Guide

Cookbooks collection - Vegan Zombie - The Vegan Zombie Cook & Survive - Cookbook Book

Cookbooks collection - D.B. Walker - The Snacking Dead: A Parody in a Cookbook

Cookbooks collection - David W. Fischer - Edible Wild Mushrooms of North America: A Field-To-Kitchen Guide

Cookbooks collection - Ina Garten - Make It Ahead: A Barefoot Contessa Cookbook

Cookbooks collection - Thug Kitchen - Thug Kitchen: The Official Cookbook: Eat Like You Give a Fuck

Cookbooks collection - Gina Homolka - The Skinnytaste Cookbook: Light on Calories Big on Flavor

Cookbooks collection - JJ Smith - 10-Day Green Smoothie Cleanse: Lose Up to 15 Pounds in 10 Days

Cookbooks collection - Yotam Ottolenghi - Plenty More: Vibrant Vegetable Cooking from London's Ottolenghi

Cookbooks collection - Martha Stewart Living - One Pot: more of 120 Easy Meals and More

Cookbooks collection - Sean Brock - Heritage

Cookbooks collection - Danielle Walker - Danielle Walker's Against All Grain: Meals Made Simple

Cookbooks collection - Mark Bittman - How to Cook Everything Fast: A Better Way to Cook Great Food

Cookbooks collection - Bob Warden - Great Food Fast: Bob Warden's Ultimate Pressure Cooker Recipes

Cookbooks collection - Danielle Walker - Against All Grain: Delectable Paleo Recipes to Eat Well and Feel Great

Cookbooks collection - Mimi Thorisson - A Kitchen in France: A Year of Cooking in My Farmhouse

Cookbooks collection - Jim Gaffigan - Food: A Love Story

Cookbooks collection - Cook's Illustrated - The Cook's Illustrated Meat Book with 425 Bulletproof Recipes

Cookbooks collection - Pearl P. Barrett - Trim Healthy Mama

Cookbooks collection - Inga-Britta Sundqvist - The Vegetarian's Bible: 350 Quick Practical and Nutritious Recipes

Cookbooks collection - Corky Pollan - The Pollan Family Table: The Best Recipes

Cookbooks collection - America's Test Kitchen - The America's Test Kitchen New Family Cookbook

Cookbooks collection - Yotam Ottolenghi - Jerusalem: A Cookbook

Cookbooks collection - Ree Drummond - The Pioneer Woman Cooks: Food from My Frontier

Cookbooks collection - Caitlin Weeks NC - Mediterranean Paleo Cooking: Over 150 Fresh Coastal Recipes

Cookbooks collection - Ree Drummond - The Pioneer Woman Cooks: A Year of Holidays

Cookbooks collection - Angela Liddon - The Oh She Glows Cookbook: Over 100 Vegan Recipes

Cookbooks collection - Diane Sanfilippo - Practical Paleo: A Customized Approach to Health

Cookbooks collection - Lisa Leake - 100 Days of Real Food: How We Did It

Cookbooks collection - Del Sroufe - Forks Over Knives: The Cookbook: Over 300 Recipes

Cookbooks collection - Rose Levy Beranbaum - The Baking Bible

Cookbooks collection - Yotam Ottolenghi - Plenty: Vibrant Vegetable Recipes from London's Ottolenghi

Cookbooks collection - Michelle Tam - Nom Nom Paleo: Food for Humans

Cookbooks collection - America's Test Kitchen - The Make Ahead Cook

Cookbooks collection - America's Test Kitchen - Slow Cooker Revolution

Cookbooks collection - America's Test Kitchen - The Science of Good Cooking

Cookbooks collection - Anthony Bourdain - Kitchen Confidential

Cookbooks collection - Dorie Greenspan - Baking Chez Moi: Recipes from My Paris Home

Cookbooks collection - Dominique Ansel - Dominique Ansel: The Secret Recipes

Cookbooks collection - William Davis - Wheat Belly 30-Minute Or Less! Cookbook: 200 Quick and Simple Recipes

Cookbooks collection - Melissa Joulwan - Well Fed: Paleo Recipes for People Who Love to Eat

Cookbooks collection - Lindsay S. Nixon - Happy Herbivore Holidays and Gatherings: Easy Plant-Based Recipes

Cookbooks collection - Michael Joseph - 101 Marijuana Recipes: The Largest Medical Marijuana Cookbook on the Planet

Cookbooks collection - Judi Kingry - Ball Complete Book of Home Preserving

Cookbooks collection - America's Test Kitchen - The How Can It Be Gluten Free Cookbook

Cookbooks collection - Tony Gemignani - The Pizza Bible: The World's Favorite Pizza Styles

Cookbooks collection - Jason Manheim - The Healthy Green Drink Diet: Advice and Recipes to Energize

Cookbooks collection - Julia Child - Mastering the Art of French Cooking

Cookbooks collection - Margarita Carrillo Arronte - Mexico: The Cookbook

Cookbooks collection - Jean-Pierre Gabriel - Thailand: The Cookbook

Cookbooks collection - Charles Phan - The Slanted Door: Modern Vietnamese Food

Cookbooks collection - Jose Andres - Made in Spain: Spanish Dishes for the American Kitchen

Cookbooks collection - Carla Capalbo - The Ultimate Italian Cookbook: Over 200 Authentic Recipes

Cookbooks collection - Salinas Press - Japanese Cooking Made Simple: A Japanese Cookbook

- The best books of all time (468 books): Behold, the last and longest list of books based on the remains of the main list of the 500 greatest books of all time. Surely many think that a important book is missing in this list, and that another book should not be in the list, but as always, it's impossible to make everyone happy.

I added two books at the end of this list. The first is The Art of War by Sun Tzu, because of its great importance and the ease of application of the teachings of this book in many areas, including a post-apocalyptic world filled with zombies. The second is The Kama Sutra of Vatsyayana, a book known around the world, and is also a very "special" book.

The list have not the original order of the list, because I have changed the order of the books belonging to the same author or saga to be together, so is easier for users of this mod, find books on the list.

Here you have the list of the most influential books of the story:

A. A. Milne - Winnie the Pooh

Agatha Christie - Ten Little Niggers

Agatha Christie - The Murder of Roger Ackroyd

Agatha Christie - Murder on the Orient Express

Alain Fournier - Le Grand Meaulnes

Alasdair Gray - Lanark: A Life in Four Books

Albert Camus - The Stranger

Albert Camus - The First Man

Albert Camus - The Plague

Albert Camus - The Fall

Albert Cohen - Belle du Seigneur

Alberto Moravia - Contempt

Aldous Huxley - Brave New World

Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn - The Gulag Archipelago

Alexandre Dumas - The Count of Monte Cristo

Alex Haley and Malcolm X - The Autobiography of Malcolm X

Alexis de Tocqueville - Democracy in America

Alice Walker - The Color Purple

Almudena Grandes - The Frozen Heart

Ana Frank - The Diary of a Young Girl

Andre Breton - Nadja

Andre Franquin - Gaston

Andre Gide - The Counterfeiters

Andre Malraux - Man's Fate

Angela Carter - Wise Children

Angeles Mastretta - Tear This Heart Out

Angeles Mastretta - Big Eyed Women

Angeles Mastretta - Lovesick

Anonymous - The Life of Lazarillo de Tormes

Anthony Burgess - A Clockwork Orange

Anthony Trollope - The Way We Live Now

Antoine de Saint Exupery - The Little Prince

Anton Chekhov - Selected Stories

Antonin Artaud - The Theatre and its Double

Arthur Conan Doyle - The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes

Arthur Conan Doyle - The Hound of the Baskervilles

Arthur Golden - Memoirs of a Geisha

Arturo Perez-Reverte - The Shadow of the Eagle

Audrey Niffenegger - The Time Traveler's Wife

Ayn Rand - Atlas Shrugged

Barbara Kingsolver - The Poisonwood Bible

Benito Perez Galdos - Marianela

Benjamin Disraeli - Sybil or the Two Nations

Bertolt Brecht - The Resistible Rise of Arturo Ui

Beryl Bainbridge - The Bottle Factory Outing

Betty Smith - A Tree Grows in Brooklyn

Blaise Cendrars - Moravagine

Boris Vian - Froth on the Daydream

Bram Stoker - Dracula

Camilo Jose Cela - The Family of Pascual Duarte

Camilo Jose Cela - The Hive

Carlos Ruiz Zafon - The Shadow of the Wind

Carlos Ruiz Zafon - Marina

Carlos Ruiz Zafon - The Angel's Game

Carlos Ruiz Zafon - The Watcher in the Shadows

Carlos Ruiz Zafon - The Prince of Mist

Carson Mccullers - The Heart Is a Lonely Hunter

Cassandra Clare - City of Bones

Cesare Pavese - The Business of Living

Cesar Vallejo - Trilce

Charles Baudelaire - The Flowers of Evil

Charles Darwin - On the Origin of Species

Charles Dickens - David Copperfield

Charles Dickens - A Tale of Two Cities

Charles Dickens - Great Expectations

Charlotte Bronte - Jane Eyre

Chinua Achebe - Things Fall Apart

Claude Levi Strauss - Tristes Tropiques

Colette - Les Vrilles de la vigne

Cormac McCarthy - The Road

D. H. Lawrence - Lady Chatterley's Lover

D. H. Lawrence - The Rainbow

D. H. Lawrence - Sons and Lovers

Daina Chaviano - The Island of Eternal Love

Daina Chaviano - Fairy Tales for Adults

Dan Brown - The Da Vinci Code

Dan Brown - Angels and Demons

Daniel Defoe - Robinson Crusoe

Dante Alighieri - Divine Comedy

Daphne du Maurier - Rebecca

Dashiell Hammett - The Maltese Falcon

Diane Setterfield - The Thirteenth Tale

Dino Buzzati - The Tartar Steppe

Doris Lessing - The Golden Notebook

Douglas Adams - The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Dr. Seuss - Green Eggs and Ham

E. M. Forster - A Passage to India

Edgar Allan Poe - Selected Tales

Edgar Allan Poe - The complete tales of Edgar Allan Poe

Edgar P. Jacobs - Blake and Mortimer

Edith Wharton - The Age of Innocence

Eduardo Mendoza - The Mystery of the Enchanted Crypt

Eduardo Mendoza - No Word from Gurb

Elie Wiesel - Night

Elizabeth Taylor - Mrs Palfrey at the Claremont

Emily Bronte - Wuthering Heights

Emily Dickinson - Poems

Ernest Hemingway - For Whom the Bell Tolls

Ernest Hemingway - Men Without Women

Ernest Hemingway - The Sun Also Rises

Ernest Hemingway - The Old Man and the Sea

Eugene Ionesco - The Bald Soprano

Evelyn Waugh - Scoop

Evelyn Waugh - Brideshead Revisited

F. Scott Fitzgerald - The Great Gatsby

Federico Andahazi - The Merciful Women

Federico Andahazi - The Anatomist

Federico Garcia Lorca - Poet in New York

Federico Garcia Lorca - The House of Bernarda Alba

Federico Garcia Lorca - Gypsy Ballads

Fernando Pessoa - The Book of Disquiet

Fernando Rojas - Celestina: The Tragi-Comedy of Calisto and Melibea

Flannery O'Connor - Wise Blood

Ford Madox Ford - The Good Soldier

Frances Hodgson Burnett - The Secret Garden

Francisco Umbral - A Mortal Spring

Francoise Sagan - Bonjour Tristesse

Francois Mauriac - Therese Desqueyroux

Frank Herbert - Dune

Frank McCourt - Angela's Ashes

Franz Kafka - The Trial

Franz Kafka - The Metamorphosis

Franz Kafka - Diaries 1910-1923

Friedrich Nietzsche - Thus Spoke Zarathustra

Fyodor Dostoyevsky - Crime and Punishment

Fyodor Dostoyevsky - The Brothers Karamazov

Fyodor Dostoyevsky - The Idiot

G. C. Lichtenberg - Aphorisms

Gabriel Garcia Marquez - One Hundred Years of Solitude

Gabriel Garcia Marquez - Love in the Time of Cholera

Gabriel Garcia Marquez - Chronicle of a Death Foretold

Gabriel Garcia Marquez - Strange Pilgrims

Gary Jennings - Aztec

Geoffrey Chaucer - The Canterbury Tales

George Eliot - Middlemarch

George Eliot - Daniel Deronda

George Grossmith - The Diary of a Nobody

George Orwell - Nineteen Eighty-Four

George Orwell - Animal Farm

Georges Bernanos - Under the Sun of Satan

Georges Perec - Life A User's Manual

Georges Simenon - Pietr the Latvian

Giorgio Bassani - The Garden of the Finzi-Continis

Giuseppe Tomasi di Lampedusa - The Leopard

Graham Greene - The Quiet American

Guillaume Apollinaire - Alcools

Gunter Grass - The Tin Drum

Gustave Flaubert - Madame Bovary

Gustave Flaubert - Sentimental Education

Gustavo Adolfo Becquer - Rhymes and Legends

H. G. Wells - The War of the Worlds

Hannah Arendt - The Origins of Totalitarianism

Harper Lee - To Kill a Mockingbird

Haruki Murakami - Norwegian Wood

Heinrich Boll - The Lost Honour of Katharina Blum

Henry Adams - The Education of Henry Adams

Henry Fielding - Tom Jones

Henry James - The Portrait of a Lady

Henry Miller - Tropic of Cancer

Henry Miller - The Rosy Crucifixion

Herge - The Blue Lotus

Hermann Broch - The Death of Virgil

Herman Melville - Moby Dick

Hermann Hesse - Steppenwolf

Hermann Hesse - Siddhartha

Hermann Hesse - Demian: The Story of Emil Sinclair's Youth

Herodotus - The Histories

Homer - The Odyssey

Homer - The Iliad

Honore De Balzac - The Black Sheep

Horace - The Odes of Horace

Hugo Pratt - Corto Maltese: The Ballad of the Salt Sea

Ian McEwan - Atonement

Ildefonso Falcones - Cathedral of the Sea

Irving Wallace - The Seventh Secret

Isabel Allende - The House of the Spirits

Isabel Allende - Ines of My Soul

Isabel Allende - The Infinite Plan

Isabel Allende - The Sum of Our Days: A Memoir

Isabel Allende - Portrait in Sepia

Isabel Allende - Paula: A Memoir

Isabel Allende - City of the Beasts

Isabel Allende - Kingdom of the Golden Dragon

Isabel Allende - Of Love and Shadows

Ismail Kadare - The General of the Dead Army

Italo Calvino - If on a winter's night a traveler

J. D. Salinger - The Catcher in the Rye

J. M. Coetzee - Waiting for the Barbarians

J. M. G. Le Clezio - The Interrogation

Jack Kerouac - On the Road

Jack London - The Call of the Wild

Jack London - Martin Eden

Jacques Lacan - Ecrits

Jacques Prevert - Paroles: Selected Poems

Jaime Bayly - Suddenly An Angel

James Baldwin - Go Tell It on the Mountain

James Ellroy - L.A. Confidential

James Hadley Chase - No Orchids for Miss Blandish

James Joyce - Ulysses

James Joyce - Dubliners

James Matthew Barrie - Peter Pan

Jane Austen - Pride and Prejudice

Jane Austen - Emma

Jane Austen - Sense and Sensibility

Javier Quinones - Max Aub

Jean Bruller - The Silence of the Sea

Jean Genet - Our Lady of the Flowers

Jean Giono - The Horseman on the Roof

Jean Jacques Rousseau - On the Social Contract

Jean Paul Sartre - Being and Nothingness

Jean Rhys - Wide Sargasso Sea

Jerome K. Jerome - Three Men in a Boat

Jodi Picoult - My Sister's Keeper

John Boyne - The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas

John Buchan - The Thirty Nine Steps

John Bunyan - The Pilgrim's Progress

John Dos Passos - U.S.A.

John Dos Passos - Manhattan Transfer

John Green - The Fault in Our Stars

John Katzenbach - The Analyst

John Katzenbach - The Madman's Tale

John Kennedy Toole - A Confederacy of Dunces

John Kenneth Galbraith - The Affluent Society

John Le Carre - Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy

John Maynard Keynes - The General Theory of Employment Interest and Money

John Milton - Paradise Lost

John Steinbeck - The Grapes of Wrath

John Steinbeck - Of Mice and Men

John Steinbeck - East of Eden

John Updike - Rabbit Run

Jonathan Swift - Gulliver's Travels

Jorge Luis Borges - Ficciones

Jorge Luis Borges - The Aleph

Jorge Luis Borges - Complete Works of Jorge Luis Borges

Jorge Luis Borges - Dreamtigers

Jose Luis Sampedro - The Etruscan Smile

Jose Mauro de Vasconcelos - My Sweet Orange Tree

Joseph Conrad - Heart of Darkness

Joseph Conrad - Lord Jim

Joseph Conrad - Nostromo

Joseph Heller - Catch-22

Jose Saramago - Blindness

Jose Saramago - The Gospel According to Jesus Christ

Jostein Gaarder - Sophie's World

Juan Carlos Onetti - The Shipyard

Juan Ramon Jimenez - Time and Space: A Poetic Autobiography

Juan Rulfo - Pedro Paramo

Jules Renard - The Journal of Jules Renard

Julien Gracq - The Opposing Shore

Julio Cortazar - Hopscotch

Karl Marx - Capital

Karl Marx - The Communist Manifesto

Kathryn Stockett - The Help

Kazuo Ishiguro - An Artist of the Floating World

Kazuo Ishiguro - The Unconsoled

Ken Follett - The Pillars of the Earth

Ken Follett - World Without End

Ken Kesey - One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest

Kenneth Grahame - The Wind in the Willows

Khaled Hosseini - A Thousand Splendid Suns

Khaled Hosseini - The Kite Runner

Kingsley Amis - Lucky Jim

Kurt Vonnegut - Slaughterhouse Five

L. M. Montgomery - Anne of Green Gables

Laura Esquivel - Like Water for Chocolate

Laura Gallego Garcia - The Idhun's Memories

Laurence Sterne - The Life and Opinions of Tristram Shandy Gentleman

Lawrence Durrell - The Alexandria Quartet

Leopoldo Alas Clarin - La Regenta

Leo Tolstoy - Anna Karenina

Leo Tolstoy - War and Peace

Lewis Carroll - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland

Louisa M. Alcott - Little Women

Louis Aragon - Aurelien

Louise Hay - You Can Heal Your Life

Louis Ferdinand Celine - Journey to the End of the Night

Luigi Pirandello - Six Characters In Search of an Author

Lytton Strachey - Eminent Victorians

Madeleine L' Engle - A Wrinkle in Time

Malcolm Lowry - Under the Volcano

Mao Tse Tung - The Political Thought of Mao Tse Tung

Marcel Proust - In Search of Lost Time Volume 1: Swann's Way

Marcel Proust - In Search of Lost Time Volume 2: In the Shadow of Young Girls in Flower

Marcel Proust - In Search of Lost Time Volume 3: The Guermantes Way

Marcel Proust - In Search of Lost Time Volume 4: Sodom and Gomorrah

Marcel Proust - In Search of Lost Time Volume 5: The Prisoner

Marcel Proust - In Search of Lost Time Volume 6: The Fugitive

Marcel Proust - In Search of Lost Time Volume 7: Time Regained

Margaret Atwood - The Handmaid's Tale

Margaret Mitchell - Gone with the Wind

Marguerite Duras - The Ravishing of Lol Stein

Marguerite Yourcenar - Opus Nigrum

Maria Duenas - The Time in Between

Marian Keyes - Anybody Out There?

Marilynne Robinson - Housekeeping

Mario Vargas Llosa - The Bad Girl

Mario Vargas Llosa - The Time of the Hero

Mario Vargas Llosa - Conversation in the Cathedral

Mario Vargas Llosa - Captain Pantoja and the Special Service

Mario Vargas Llosa - The War of the End of the World

Mario Vargas Llosa - Aunt Julia and the Scriptwriter

Mark Haddon - The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

Mark Twain - Adventures of Huckleberry Finn

Markus Zusak - The Book Thief

Marta Rivera de la Cruz - In the Time of Wonders

Martin Amis - Money

Mary Shelley - Frankenstein: or The Modern Prometheus

Matilde Asensi - The Last Cato

Matilde Asensi - The Lost Origin

Matilde Asensi - Iacobus

Matthew Pearl - The Dante Club

Maurice Sendak - Where the Wild Things Are

Michael Ende - The Neverending Story

Michael Ende - Momo

Michael Wallner - April in Paris

Michel Butor - Second Thoughts

Michel de Montaigne - The Essays of Montaigne

Michel Foucault - The Order of Things

Michel Tournier - Friday or The Other Island

Miguel de Cervantes Saavedra - The Ingenious Gentleman Don Quixote of La Mancha

Miguel Delibes - The Holy Innocents

Miguel Delibes - El Camino

Mika Waltari - The Egyptian

Mikhail Bulgakov - The Master and Margarita

Milan Kundera - The Joke

Milan Kundera - The Unbearable Lightness of Being

Milan Kundera - The Book of Laughter and Forgetting

Muriel Spark - The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie

Nancy Mitford - The Pursuit of Love

Nathalie Sarraute - Tropisms

Nathanael West - The Day of the Locust

Nathaniel Hawthorne - The Scarlet Letter

Niccolo Machiavelli - The Prince

Noah Gordon - The Physician

Noah Gordon - The Rabbi

Noah Gordon - The Last Jew

Noah Gordon - Matters of Choice

Noah Gordon - Shaman

Norman Mailer - The Executioner's Song

Orson Scott Card - Ender's Game

Oscar Wilde - The Picture of Dorian Gray

Ovid - Metamorphoses

Pablo Neruda - Twenty Love Poems and a Song of Despair

Pablo Neruda - Residence on Earth

Pablo Neruda - General Song

Pablo Tusset - The Best Thing That Can Happen to a Croissant

Patricio Sturlese - The Inquisitor

Patrick Rothfuss - The Kingkiller Chronicle Book 1: The Name of the Wind

Patrick Rothfuss - The Kingkiller Chronicle Book 2: The Wise Man's Fear

Patrick Rothfuss - The Kingkiller Chronicle Book 3: Doors of Stone

Patrick Suskind - Perfume: The Story of a Murderer

Paul Auster - The New York Trilogy

Paul Claudel - The Satin Slipper

Paul Eluard - Capital of Pain

Paulo Coelho - Eleven Minutes

Paulo Coelho - Veronika Decides to Die

Paulo Coelho - The Alchemist

Paulo Coelho - By the River Piedra I Sat Down and Wept

Paulo Coelho - The Witch of Portobello

Paulo Coelho - The Fifth Mountain

Paulo Coelho - The Pilgrimage

Peter Carey - Oscar and Lucinda

Philip Pullman - His Dark Materials

Philip Pullman - The Golden Compass

Philip Roth - Portnoy's Complaint

Philip Roth - American Pastoral

Pierre Choderlos de Laclos - The Dangerous Liaisons

Pio Baroja - Obras Completas

Plato - Symposium

Primo Levi - If This Is a Man

Primo Levi - The Periodic Table

Quevedo - Sonnets

Rachel Carson - Silent Spring

Rainer Maria Rilke - Duino Elegies

Rainer Maria Rilke - The Notebooks of Malte Laurids Brigge

Ralph Ellison - Invisible Man

Ramon del Valle Inclan - Bohemian Lights

Ray Bradbury - Fahrenheit 451

Ray Bradbury - The Martian Chronicles

Raymond Chandler - The Big Sleep

Raymond Chandler - The Long Goodbye

Raymond Queneau - Zazie in the Metro

Rene Char - Fureur Et Mystere

Rene Goscinny and Albert Uderzo - Asterix The Gaul

Richard Adams - Watership Down

Richard Wright - Native Son

Roald Dahl - The BFG

Robert Erskine Childers - The Riddle of the Sands

Robert Fisher - The Knight in Rusty Armor

Robert Graves - I Claudius

Robert Graves - Good-Bye to All That

Robert Louis Stevenson - Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde

Robert Louis Stevenson - Treasure Island

Robert Musil - The Man Without Qualities

Robert Penn Warren - All the King's Men

Roland Barthes - Writing Degree Zero

Rudyard Kipling - Kim

S.E. Hinton - The Outsiders

Saint-John Perse - Amers

Salman Rushdie - Midnight's Children

Salman Rushdie - Haroun and the Sea of Stories

Samuel Beckett - Waiting for Godot

Samuel Beckett - Malone Dies

Samuel Richardson - Clarissa: Or the History of a Young Lady

Sara Gruen - Water for Elephants

Saul Bellow - Herzog

Selma Lagerlof - The Wonderful Adventures of Nils

Shel Silverstein - The Giving Tree

Shel Silverstein - Where the Sidewalk Ends

Sigmund Freud - Three Essays on the Theory of Sexuality

Sigmund Freud - The Interpretation of Dreams

Simone de Beauvoir - The Second Sex

St. Augustine - Confessions

Stefan Zweig - Confusion

Stendhal - The Charterhouse of Parma

Stendhal - The Red and the Black

Stephen Chbosky - The Perks of Being a Wallflower

Stieg Larsson - Millennium Book 1: The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo

Stieg Larsson - Millennium Book 2: The Girl Who Played with Fire

Stieg Larsson - Millennium Book 3: The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest

Sun Tzu - The Art of War

Sylvia Plath - The Bell Jar

T.S. Elilot - The Waste Land

Theodore Dreiser - An American Tragedy

Thomas Hardy - Jude the Obscure

Thomas Hobbes - Leviathan

Thomas Love Peacock - Nightmare Abbey

Thomas Mann - The Magic Mountain

Thucydides - History of the Peloponnesian War

Toni Morrison - Beloved

Toni Morrison - Song of Solomon

Torcuato Luca de Tena - God's Crooked Lines

Truman Capote - In Cold Blood

Umberto Eco - The Name of the Rose

Unknown Author - Arabian Nights: The Thousand and One Nights

V. S. Naipaul - A Bend in the River

Vatsyayana - The Kama Sutra of Vatsyayana

Veronica Roth - Divergent

Victor Hugo - Les Miserables

Virginia Woolf - Mrs Dalloway

Virginia Woolf - To the Lighthouse

Virginia Woolf - The Waves

Virginia Woolf - A Room of One's Own

Virginia Woolf - Orlando: A Biography

Vladimir Nabokov - Lolita

W. E. B. Du Bois - The Souls of Black Folk

W. G. Sebald - Austerlitz

Walt Whitman - Leaves of Grass

Wayne Dyer - Your Erroneous Zones

Wilkie Collins - The Woman in White

Willa Cather - Death Comes for the Archbishop

William Faulkner - The Sound and the Fury

William Faulkner - As I Lay Dying

William Faulkner - Light in August

William Faulkner - Absalom Absalom!

William Faulkner - The Wild Palms

William Golding - Lord of the Flies

William Goldman - The Princess Bride

William James - The Varieties of Religious Experience

William Makepeace Thackeray - Vanity Fair

William Shakespeare - Hamlet

William Shakespeare - King Lear

William Shakespeare - Romeo and Juliet

William Shakespeare - Othello

William Shakespeare - Shakespeare's Sonnets

William Shakespeare - Richard III

William Styron - Sophie's Choice

Winston Churchill - The Second World War

Yann Martel - Life of Pi

- Newspapers list:

Hardin County Independent

The News Enterprise

The Courier Journal

LEO Weekly

The Meade County Messenger

Kentucky Enquirer

Business First

The Community Letter

Concord

The Wall Street Journal

The New York Times

USA Today

Financial Times

Sporting News

Investor's Business Daily

Variety

American Free Press

The Onion

- Magazines list:

Lane Report

Louisville

Kentucky Monthly

Barron's

Business Week

Forbes

Fortune

Money

Billboard

Entertainment Weekly

Hollywood Reporter

Hollywood Weekly

National Enquirer

People

Rolling Stone

Us Weekly

The American Prospect

The American Spectator

The Atlantic

The Christian Science Monitor

Harper's Magazine

Mother Jones

The Nation

National Review

The New Yorker

Parade

Time

USA Weekend

Vanity Fair

Scientific American

Wired

MAD

National Geographic

Sports Illustrated

Playboy

Hustler

Penthouse

Cosmopolitan

Glamour

Vogue

Star

- In the near future:

I intend to create a new item of literature, comics, with several different collections of the most famous comics. To do this, I would like you give me suggestions that include names of comics. I still do not have a list defined in my mind, so I'm all ears.

Also you can make me suggestions about famous writers who deserve to have a collection of books in the mod. For this is very important that most or all of his books have been published in English.

I will note out the suggestions in the thread, and the most voted / repeated will be added in a future in literature mod.

- Compatibility:

Literature mod is fully compatible with all mods I've tried, and I've tried most of the mods in the forum to be sure. This includes mods that add new skill training books.

About my other mods, all are compatible with Literature mod. In the special case of Marijuana mod, in the latest update has added a compatibility patch that allows you can take the pages of all books of this mod to use as improvised smoking paper.

- Known Bugs:

None so far. If someone finds a bug, please let me know immediately.

- Multiplayer:

I use this mod on my server, and it works perfectly. In fact, books have come to be used as currency between players. This helps a lot when attempting to complete collections. It's fun for me to see how three people argue over who offers more for a copy of a book.

- Download link: http://bit.ly/1BDQiIS

Enjoy the mod!

Awesome! :D

Thank you very much!

What no David Weber Honor Harrington series. :D  Oh well not everyone like his stuff.

Anyway as a role player my self I think this this is a great idea. :)

It's an interesting suggestion. I did not know this author. Perhaps it could be included in the mod. Thanks for the suggestion.

And if you're going to try this mod, please comment your opinions about the mod in this thread. And most importantly ... enjoy it!

wait, did i miss the Zombie Survival Guide?

great mod, i know i will spend many hours searching out the Dark Tower books and reading them on rainy days, just as in real life.

A very funny book, and very useful in this game. Too bad that the movie, despite being entertaining, has changed many details of the original book.

In this mod, is used this edition of the book: 

The Zombie Survival Guide: Complete Protection from the Living Dead

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Zombie-Survival-Guide-Protection/dp/071563318X

The Dark Tower, a magnificent saga. I have to read again the entire collection one of these days.

Enjoy the mod!  ;)

When i saw the zombie section i was relieved to find Zombie Fallout. Your book 8 on the list is actually book 3.5. Its a very short side story. The real book 8 is called An Old Beginning. But an awsome mod to be sure.

Yes, the book Dr. Hugh Mann, is a secondary story set between books 3 and 4, but really, is not at all necessary to read the book between books 3 and 4. It is a completely separate story, a prequel, in which I remember that, only appear a character of the other novels, and is only really necessary to have read the first three novels before reading it, for not to be a victim of any "spoiler" of the earlier novels. You can read it perfectly after the novel number 7. So as not to create confusion, I decided to situate the last of the series, because if I wrote the name with the number 3.5, this caused some that another problem in the order of the list.

What is really funny is that the book 8 of Zombie Fallout, An Old Beginning, was published less than two months ago, and I already had created the list of books about zombies before this book was published. Curious coincidence.

Thank you for this point. Now I have another book to read. And about the book in the mod, this is easy fix. Only I have to add the book recently published in the next update, and maybe move the book Dr. Hugh Mann, the fourth in the collection, or continue leaving this book the last of them, since it's a prequel.

Thanks for this. I've always thought that "Book" and "Magazine" is a bit dull and could use some variety. Any chance to add "Roadside picnic" by Arkadij and Borys Strugaccy to the list?

Edit:

And also "The Last Wish" and "The Sword of Destiny" by Andrzej Sapkowski perhaps? I imagine most of the players are familiar with a game called "The Witcher". Well those are the first two collections of stories about Geralt, the witcher. Please?

Pretty spot on with the magazines and newspapers. i live in Kentucky not to far from in game maps. 

Thank you very much for this. I am glad that the mod reflect more or less reliably the publications in the area. Thank you very much for the information. Enjoy the mod.

Thanks for this. I've always thought that "Book" and "Magazine" is a bit dull and could use some variety. Any chance to add "Roadside picnic" by Arkadij and Borys Strugaccy to the list?

Edit:

And also "The Last Wish" and "The Sword of Destiny" by Andrzej Sapkowski perhaps? I imagine most of the players are familiar with a game called "The Witcher". Well those are the first two collections of stories about Geralt, the witcher. Please?

Thanks for your suggestions, I will consider these suggestions in the future. Enjoy the mod.

Note: I've been completely out of this forum for a few days, and I think there I not will appear around here for a while. I am sure that nobody cares about my problems, that's life, but I'm about to lose forever the most important person in my life, and I want stay beside her as long as possible. Occasionally, I'll take a look at the forum, but little more. Sorry.

Pretty spot on with the magazines and newspapers. i live in Kentucky not to far from in game maps. 

Thank you very much for this. I am glad that the mod reflect more or less reliably the publications in the area. Thank you very much for the information. Enjoy the mod.

Edit:

Thanks for your suggestions, I will consider these suggestions in the future. Enjoy the mod.

Note: I've been completely out of this forum for a few days, and I think there I not will appear around here for a while. I am sure that nobody cares about my problems, that's life, but I'm about to lose forever the most important person in my life, and I want stay beside her as long as possible. Occasionally, I'll take a look at the forum, but little more. Sorry.

I'll be praying for you. The mod is less important. Be there for that special person :)

• 3 weeks later...

I like the idea of this mod, and your methodology for producing book lists. I don't know if this is what you did, but I think I would also draw titles from the best seller lists for the months leading up to the beginning of the game period (which, in my headcanon, would be beginning of development, ~March 2011). I don't know what half-life I would assume for books in houses, but I would expect at least the last two months' best sellers to show up. Also, I think it might be good to look at some Greatest Author lists and consider adding collections of their work - I had almost all of Ian Fleming's James Bond novels at one point, and I would expect there to be some chance that you would be looting the house of (for example) a serious Sherlock Holmes fan, Ayn Rand fan, or Agatha Christie fan.

On which subject, a minor correction to the classics list: your first Agatha Christie novel was published under the title And Then There Were None in the United States - the original U.K. publication title is now (and, indeed, was in 1939) considered shockingly inappropriate on this side of the pond thanks to the much more violent history of race relations in the U.S. relative to the U.K. (In fact, the poem in the novel was edited in various editions to describe "ten little Indians" - which is also problematic - or "ten little soldiers".) It might be worth the effort at some point to check the titles of the rest of the books on the list to see if any others have market-specific titles on this side of the pond.

(In fact, there's one I know has: the first Harry Potter book was sold as Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. According to Wikipedia, Scholastic Corporation thought children were allergic to philosophy and therefore the book wouldn't sell under the original name. :razz: )

Final question: how does rereading work? When I considered how I would revamping the book system, I thought each book should begin with a reasonable amount of boredom relief and happiness raising per page that would drop precipitously each time you finish reading it but regenerate slowly over time. I don't know what you've implemented here.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone ! :)

I'm new here, infact I subscrib for post this comment.

Like AKillerCoconut, I want  so baaaad this mod still work with the 30.16 ! And for the next version incoming soon..

If I install it before to begin a new adventure, alcohol pads and disinfectant just disappear in the game !

If I install it after to begin, the mod doesn't work.. no book of Edgar Allan Poe :'(

Can this probably have a fix for the build 30.16 ? (the next too?)

PS : sorry for my english level, I'm french ^^

Thank you !

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think I might have encountered another problem (or I'm extremely unlucky). I've basically tackled on all the houses of westpoint with a charachter who has the lucky trait and I'm not finding cotton balls, first aid kits or tweezers. Maybe this mod conflicts with item generation?

I think I might have encountered another problem (or I'm extremely unlucky). I've basically tackled on all the houses of westpoint with a charachter who has the lucky trait and I'm not finding cotton balls, first aid kits or tweezers. Maybe this mod conflicts with item generation?

I think it does. I had the same problem. I also think it prevents disinfectant bottles to spawn as well.

I think it does. I had the same problem. I also think it prevents disinfectant bottles to spawn as well.

No wonder it does, it replaces SuburbsDistribution.lua with an outdated version. Like, Pre-Build 30 version.

Go to the mod's media\lua\server\Items directory and remove SuburbsDistribution.lua it should fix the issue, the books use a separate file for distributing themselves so the mod should still work.