RELEASED: Build 30.12

RobertJohnson

When can we expect sleeping in multiplayer to be implemented? Also can we expect an option similar to minecraft where if all players on a server are in a bed then the night is skipped? Very eager for this before getting back into multiplayer :)

This is the first time I've actually played Survival (probably since about build 26 or lower) and I must say the game is a lot harder. I already noticed a big difference in Sandbox mode with normal settings, but in Survival I'm just walking (not running) away from zombies all the time. Tried to enter some houses through doors/windows but didn't succeed at all (no time due to zombies or due to them being locked). Is everything locked now? Probably have to fine tune my play style too.

Would probably be more realistic if some doors are left open and windows broken because I think people who are trying to escape from zombies won't really be bothered about closing doors all the time and zombies aren't just hunting you (so they would break windows to get to a meal). Depending on how long you survive this would increase, slowly giving the world a more apocalyptic feeling. As there already are quite a few zombies around I would say the apocalypse didn't occur when you start the game (a few days already past I'd say). The devs are working on giving it a more apocalyptic feeling?

I'm having some micro stutters (which I didn't have in earlier builds) and yes I have disabled 3d models for everything. Not sure if I turned off shaders though. I'll try that the next time if I haven't.

Anyway I'll continue Survival, see how things go and hope I'll get better :)

Just for future reference, the full list of bugs listed in the tracker as fixed in Build 30, all 57 of them.

Hey..

My girlfriend and me played in a fewer version build on an local started server. After a time we started to build an carport to get protected from the rain while building our own house.

Problem: When I placed the tiles with my character, the character of my girlfriend still goes wet. My did not.

Is this issue fixed already? The last build we used was around 26 I think.

Thanks. =)

Greets

Flo

Wow, this update must be the first step in making survival more challenging. Before it, I was alright with my food stocks and small farm. Now my guys gnawing through a weeks harvest in only two to three days. Plus he's still going to bed very hungry. Being forced to expand my farm into large scale. Though it'll be winter soon and I don't know if I'll even be able to farm. All in all I like the upped challenge, should be interesting surviving from here on out. 

Wow, this update must be the first step in making survival more challenging. Before it, I was alright with my food stocks and small farm. Now my guys gnawing through a weeks harvest in only two to three days. Plus he's still going to bed very hungry. Being forced to expand my farm into large scale. Though it'll be winter soon and I don't know if I'll even be able to farm. All in all I like the upped challenge, should be interesting surviving from here on out. 

I still feel like foraging makes getting food very easy, to the point that farming is not really necessary. Even with foraging being nerfed in winter, the amount of non-perishables you can find with just lvl 2 skill is ridiculous. Farming now requires careful planing and canning ingredients, while a player who does foraging just needs to stock up on crickets...

I still feel like foraging makes getting food very easy, to the point that farming is not really necessary. Even with foraging being nerfed in winter, the amount of non-perishables you can find with just lvl 2 skill is ridiculous. Farming now requires careful planing and canning ingredients, while a player who does foraging just needs to stock up on crickets...

Sadly I have little experience with foraging. I've attempted it a few times on where I could and resulted in nothing. I'm assuming canning ingredients is a mod? Not a big fan of mods, so probably making it harder on myself. Though if during the winter my crops do fail it'll force me out of my comfort zone (base). Making it more challenging and dangerous until the seasons change. Which should be fun and put me on edge constantly. Then when spring finally pops it's head out, my base will be a very welcome sight. 

Sadly I have little experience with foraging. I've attempted it a few times on where I could and resulted in nothing. I'm assuming canning ingredients is a mod? Not a big fan of mods, so probably making it harder on myself. Though if during the winter my crops do fail it'll force me out of my comfort zone (base). Making it more challenging and dangerous until the seasons change. Which should be fun and put me on edge constantly. Then when spring finally pops it's head out, my base will be a very welcome sight. 

no, canning foods is part of the Vanilla game now

IWBUMS hotfix/balance release (build 30.13):

• Load scripts/ files in the same order each time, with mod files coming last. (Issue #001214)
  • Fixed (RECOMMENDED) translation in FPS option.
  • Revert server-loads-chunks-before-sending Build-30 change. Client updates Erosion now too.
  • Fixed server-zombies not getting saved when PauseEmpty is true.
  • Clothing item no longer saves texture name (it was always null on server).
  • Simply mute the sound in the main menu in multiplayer.
  • Fixed weight of some items being reported as 0.0. (Issue #001212)
  • ChopTreeAction gives BladeMaintenance XP and uses getMaintenanceMod(). (Issue #001209)
  • Fixed AxeStone getting unequipped in right hand when chopping a tree. (Issue #001207)
  • Fixed aiming with the controller "snapping" to N/S/W/E directions.
  • Fixed 4k resolution exception when creating FBO.
  • Pause sound effects when the game is paused (or in the main menu).
  • Fixed whiskey hunger-change when used to disinfect a wound.
  • Fixed winter foraging and fishing. (Issue #001196)  
  • Reduced the amount of goods/plants found during scavenging.
  • Increased a lot the time for a plant to go from mature to rotten.
  • Fixed unemployed in Muldraugh fixed spawn point.
  • You can now use mushroom in evolved recipe (soup, stew...).
  • Reduced the capacity of the first aid kit (from 8 to 5).
  • You can now bandage/stitch even with a splint.
  • You can now fish again during winter, it's just harder.
  • Updated Japanese, Dutch, Polish and Spanish Translations.
  • Added Simplified Chinese translation.

YAAAAAAY!!!!!!! Um can we have cricket stir fry please?

• Load scripts/ files in the same order each time, with mod files coming last. (Issue #001214)
  • Fixed (RECOMMENDED) translation in FPS option.
  • Revert server-loads-chunks-before-sending Build-30 change. Client updates Erosion now too.
  • Fixed server-zombies not getting saved when PauseEmpty is true.
  • Clothing item no longer saves texture name (it was always null on server).
  • Simply mute the sound in the main menu in multiplayer.
  • Fixed weight of some items being reported as 0.0. (Issue #001212)
  • ChopTreeAction gives BladeMaintenance XP and uses getMaintenanceMod(). (Issue #001209)
  • Fixed AxeStone getting unequipped in right hand when chopping a tree. (Issue #001207)
  • Fixed aiming with the controller "snapping" to N/S/W/E directions.
  • Fixed 4k resolution exception when creating FBO.
  • Pause sound effects when the game is paused (or in the main menu).
  • Fixed whiskey hunger-change when used to disinfect a wound.
  • Fixed winter foraging and fishing. (Issue #001196)  
  • Fixed unemployed in Muldraugh fixed spawn point.
  • Reduced the capacity of the first aid kit (from 8 to 5).
  • You can now bandage/stitch even with a splint.
  • Updated Japanese, Dutch, Polish and Spanish Translations.
  • Added Simplified Chinese translation.

Great work

I love you, man.

So first off, great game, really solid stuff. Very enjoyable, especially the multiplayer servers. That being said, my current MP server is on 30.13 but I'm stuck on 30.12. This doesn't allow me to join the server. How do I update? Is this build released? Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be very appreciated.  :-|

So first off, great game, really solid stuff. Very enjoyable, especially the multiplayer servers. That being said, my current MP server is on 30.13 but I'm stuck on 30.12. This doesn't allow me to join the server. How do I update? Is this build released? Am I doing something wrong? Any help would be very appreciated.  :-|

Read and agree: http://theindiestone.com/forums/index.php/topic/4183-iwbums-the-i-will-backup-my-save-branch/