Burying the Fallen

Bloody Mary

After looking at a thread regarding NPCs remembering past player-character interactions and after seeing a rest-in-peace note left on two fallen survivors in a multiplayer server, I was thinking of a second level to the general idea of remembering individuals; what if NPCs and players both could make grave markers and bury the humans who die? With the corpse drag mechanic already in place, a survivor could take a spade and a corpse, dig a hole, then use either a set of planks or a piece of stone, chisel an epitaph onto it, and then bury the fallen survivor. NPCs could do the same for each other, even bury a fallen player if they were friendly to them. I think it'd add a nice layer of drama and storytelling elements to see a large survivor base have a section for a graveyard for fallen survivors, and various epitaphs and messages of remembrance on the grave markers.

After looking at a thread regarding NPCs remembering past player-character interactions and after seeing a rest-in-peace note left on two fallen survivors in a multiplayer server, I was thinking of a second level to the general idea of remembering individuals; what if NPCs and players both could make grave markers and bury the humans who die? With the corpse drag mechanic already in place, a survivor could take a spade and a corpse, dig a hole, then use either a set of planks or a piece of stone, chisel an epitaph onto it, and then bury the fallen survivor. NPCs could do the same for each other, even bury a fallen player if they were friendly to them. I think it'd add a nice layer of drama and storytelling elements to see a large survivor base have a section for a graveyard for fallen survivors, and various epitaphs and messages of remembrance on the grave markers.

I actually did that on my MP Roleplay server, only thing is I carried the corpse to the spot where I would bury him, then get a dirt bag and spilled it in two squares then, I added a sign and painted a skull on it.

But yeah, your idea works too.. give them time though, I really want the NPC's to be in here before people start throwing ideas out.

bury hell no... we burn the bodies now, that's what its come to now. Can't risk it anymore

like burying is so much riskier than a fire that eventually smokes a lot. burning is way more convenient though... put'em on a pile and light it.