Backup Power Generation (already confirmed by Devs please ignore)

ORMtnMan

Hey All,

Got another suggestion to throw out there.

This one is for the idea of backup power sources  besides the main  power grid.

For example buildings like hospitals and prisons  would  have backup generators to make sure  nothing goes wrong in  the  event of a power outage.

Some homes would also have generators for backup power.

The implementation of this would be localized and possibly limited output player/npc activated power sources.

An easy example would be a diesel generator.  It requires gas to run, provides good energy locally, but produces a hell of a lot of noise bringing in a hoard of zombies.

Another example would be solar panels. tramplable by zombies, difficult to maintain and low power output but don't generate noise.

This would also open up opportunitues for rechargable batteries and power locked metal doors. (I.E. prison  doors and those black security doors with the pin pads on them.

For example, you can't smash a metal door down with a sledgehammer (In the game you currently can, but it'd be real hard IRL) but you could flip on the building's backup generator to open  the door (and attract a horde of zombies).

I am sure there will be those that say this would make the game to easy. I agree with  it possibly making the game easier, but I would disagree withthat premise. The game is not meant to be brutal and hard for the sake of being brutal and hard. It is hard for the sake of REALISM. In a "real" zombie scenario I would be seeking out backup power generation, it would make my chances of survival a hell of a lot better.

Anyway let me know what you think.