West Coast, Dedicated Role-Play Server [RP] [Build 29] [PvP/PvE] [Safety Off] [Dedicated] [16 Slots] [Active Admin]

SallySunder

Hello everyone! 

Welcome to my Project Zomboid Role-Play Server!

Name: PVP/PVE West-Coast RP Server!! Dedicated

IP: 198.12.116.194

Port: 16461

Hosted: Fragnet

Slots: 16

Version: Build 29

Public: Yes (All are welcome; Please follow the Rules)

Whitelist: No (Possibly in the future?)

**We don't have a web-page or any crazy features quite yet; Our server was born on the 8th of October 2014**

"It's been 2 years since the world went to hell...

Everything since then has been our history... our survival

Fight to live, stay together for strength, and strive for a better day"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Active Admins:  Sally Sunder, Elizabeth Bailey

Server hours: *Trying to keep it* 24/7

RULES:

1. This is an RP Server: This means you must maintain character for as long as you are logged into the server.

If you need to talk out-of-character (OOC) on global chat please use brackets: (([[((  

Example: (I ate a three-cheese burrito at work today).

If you wish to broadcast a message on global chat (in-character) you can use a radio! The radio is

signalled by an *R* in front of the message.

Example: *R* To all survivors out there... I'm rollin' into West-Point fully armed!!

Please have a serious character name when you log into the server, or risk being kicked.

Examples: George Jones, Donny, The Doc, Sally Sunder, Jimmy Parsons, Red, Old Milwaukee, 

Uncacceptable name examples: Asdf, 13241314, xXx_Cannibal_xXx, 420-YolostuffMate (etc.)

2. PVP Safety is OFF:   This means that, at any point in your life on our server you are capable of being killed. 

Death can come in a blinding instant, and we believe that this adds Realism to the game...

We promote, and encourage team-play, community building, and role-play, but as a part of 

a Realistic experience, there may be: Murderers, Madmen, Cannibals, Predators, Thieves, and other

unsavory characters online at any moment.

3. Respect the Server:  We want you to create homes, build strongholds, and live however you want to live in our game-world,

but please have a sense of respect for the world; We will not tolerate griefing (OOC or In-Character).

Griefing Includes going from house to house and burning everything on the server to the ground

(this has happened); I understand if you want to play an arson, fire is fine, but we will draw a line

when things get out of control (when everything is burned it usually forces a server *RESET* and who 

wants that??).

4. Death is Permanent: To add Realism to our environment we will be enforcing (there can be some exceptions, discussable with

admin) permanent death. This means that death has to be permanent for RP'd characters that die 

in-game. For Example: If you are Role-Playing a character named "Doctor Jones" and he dies in a

horrible lab-fire in game, or is shot to death on the street, he is dead Permanently. You will get some

slack if you log back into game with the same name, and continue to RP the same character. It might not

result in a kick (depending on the situation) but it is very poor RP and is frowned upon (I've already lost

a few brave souls to the apocalypse).

5. Admin Wins, Always: We are two respectful individuals who will not (and do not) abuse the privelage. We follow the rules

as well; That being said, this is our home. Decisions we make are final.

Enjoy the Server and PLEASE post any comments/criticism/suggestions. We are completely open-minded and embrace change.

Hey Everyone!!

Just a server update about "Restart Times".

We have had some serious complaints about down-time on the server, so I've done everything in my power

to correct this issue. This means that the server will now be performing scheduled restarts every 2 hours

(instead of every 4 hours as previous).

I don't have a way of including a "restart" warning in-game, but posting the new info here, and realying the info

in game as admin should hopefully give you all fair notice 8-)

This *should* bring the server back up if it crashes, and help to maintain as close to 24/7 service as we can provide!

Thanks for bearing with me through these initial hicups. (Still brand new to server hosting).

See you near Giga Mart!

-Sally Sunder (Admin/Owner)

ON THE SERVER

MILD OFFENSES

Will result in a warning first, then a kick. Sometimes only a kick - the warning is always a special service, and it is your own responsibility to have read the rules before playing.

Mild offenses include: 
- repeated unmarked Out Of Character chat in Local and Global
- Illegal character names
- Being rude or offensive

SEVERE OFFENSES

Will result in ban/IP ban without warning.

Severe offenses include:
- Griefing
- Racism and Harassment
- Repeated Mild Offenses after warning/kick

Have fun and make sure to play in a way that only enhances the fun had by the people around you.

awesome place to die

wish there were more slots

and one thing about food

as for me there's a lot of fresh food spawning in the fridges

(not so much realistic if electricity is off long time ago)

and with decreased timescale i can loot more houses before getting hungry

so there's no problem to survive in that way if you're living in the city zone

but this happen on many others servers

may be it's just a game feature

Thanks for the post Nin4!!

I wish there were more slots too, but as it stands I can't afford much more than 16 :(

In the near future the capacity might increase to 20 players (I just have to work it out IRL).

As for the food issue, I am completely open to any other server owners/admin who want  to chime in right now.

I think It has to do with in-game mechanics, but I'm not entirely sure.

I know for a fact that Giga Mart always seems to be spawning fresh fruits and veg (which is totally unrealistic).

If I could change it so that Food and Veg didn't respawn in fridges/crates/wherever I would!

So if anyone knows how to do this, please let me know!

*Also, Just an update: We are still working on "Down-Time" issues, hopefully the server will be more stable within the next week*

-Sally Sunder

You'd need a mod to specifically stop food from respawning but then eventually the only way to get food would be from farming/scavenging/trapping/fishing.

You could also tweak loot respawn settings so that it becomes nearly impossible for loot to respawn in an area that frequently has players or so that loot respawns in only small amounts or a combination.

My understanding is that HoursForLootRespawn is the minimum game time since its area was last seen by a player before a container can respawn loot. That makes it sort of complicated because that 'seen by player' factor is mostly based on real world time (players move at a mostly static rate and so can only cover so much area so fast) while the actual setting is based on game time.

So the shorter a game day the faster time ticks and the more areas become eligible to respawn before a player sees them.

Or from the other side: the longer a game day the more area a player can cover per game hour and so the more area they stop from respawning loot.

There's probably also bugs involved as I know on one server with very short respawn times on a short day cycle that I sometimes had loot respawn in a warehouse as I was looting it.

I think a lot of servers are just still figuring out what values are best for balance in terms of day length and zombie respawn and loot respawn and amount of loot and such.

I could possibly write you a small server-side mod to stop food respawn if that's what you really want.

Thank you for the response BryBry!!

Keep playing on our server please ^__^ We need more people like you!

I appreciate the offer for the Mod but I don't think it's necessary.

You gave a great explanation on loot cycles and I think with that

information I will perform a slight adjustment to loot respawn times (slower)

and values (lower). Just to ensure we aren't having fresh produce in Gigamart

24/7 (Cause it's a little unrealistic).

Hopefully I'll see you guys in-game tonight!!

Thanks for the Info BryBry,

I'm glad they're addressing it; It's really tough to maintain a server

when you're one individual working 9-5 and taking classes.

Elizabeth does an amazing job as Admin, but I'm the only one

who can "restart" fix it if it crashes, so it gets tricky.

and I'm happy you're enjoying our home jrama!

See you guys in Kentucky!

Due to: popular demand, server stability issues, lots of burned buildings, and lag spikes, I proudly present:

ACT II: The Dawn of Desolation

"It's been two and a half years since the start of this damned nightmare...

Things aren't getting any better either; We've had a group of brave survivors take to cleanin' our streets,

but for every damn body they burn, another Zed seems to come crawlin' out of the bush or the back-wood.

The radio's been buzzing with chatter lately and survivors are showin' up like Kentucky was goin' out of style.

They chose the wrong city though... Got word from one of em' that a horde o' Zeds bigger than Patoka Lake was

passin' through Louisville. Won't be long before they make it here..."                                      

-Alabaster Grim

*We performed a server reset that we felt was necessary to ensure a pleasurable experience for all.  We kept server options the same, and disabled water and electricity right away, to preserve the "Two years since the apocalypse happened" story basis. 6 months had passed in-game since the servers inception, so we will continue along this timeline. Meaning it's been two and a half years since the apocalypse, and Act II starts right after a group of survivors took to the streets and burned up all the bodies in town*

Hello! I've been on this server for quite a long while now and I have to say it's one of the best servers I've played on but there has been a lot of problems just today.

A player named Xavier threatened Scarlett, while she was roleplaying, with a staff member. He didn't carry said threat until the staff had left. He has completely destroyed our base (We team up) and burnt everything while both of us weren't there (We only know it was him because he shot Scarlett and Felix when she returned to find the damage)

While I do accept ropeplaying shenanigans, this was far out of character and just spiteful and cruel even in a roleplaying sense. He didn't check at any point if it was okay to burn anything which he had continually been doing (Hopefully the staff can back me up on this via logs because he had burnt other places while I was online) To me this is definitely griefing as he is constantly seeking people out (He was hunting Chedy when I left, so it's not going to be an isolated incident and it will cause people to just quit, it's not cool)

He had feigned niceness previously on the radio before he found out about the locations which is when he suddenly turned mental and that's how this all started. I'm not sure if anything can be restored because with such a significant loss (I'm okay with thieves and stuff but this is over the top) Then I will not be returning to this server. Thanks for the fun anyway, Hope you can sort this out.

Anyone who reads this DO NOT TRUST XAVIER. EVER.

Hey Jethro!

I'm sorry that you had a less-than-desirable experience on our server.

I would just like to remind you that, as stated in the server rules, Anything is possible at Any time.

We like to keep things very realistic in our world, and accept the fact that during the apocalypse there

will be very psychotic, deranged, and unstable people alive and causing trouble (Their version of survival).

You are correct in stating that "Griefing" is not allowed on our server, but let me clear up EXACTLY what griefing means here:

Griefing can be seen as the following: A griefer is a player who deliberately irritates and harasses other players within the game (RP harassment is allowed, to an certain extent), using aspects of the game in unintended ways.

The Final Verdict: (Based on review of PVP-logs, Chat-logs, and information regarding the 2 fires Xavier set ablaze)

We determined that Xavier was indeed acting within the rules and boundaries of our server, and will therefore not be IP Banned from the server.

1.) He never abused game/server features, He only burned 2 buildings (we draw a limit at EXCESS burning; IE burning every house

you see to the ground) and one of the buildings he burned was in response to an "Over the radio" threat directed to him by Scarlet Universe.

2.) He did indeed hunt you, Scarlet, and Felix, but also made it clear (through Radio chat) that he was effectively "hunting" the entire server. He stated multiple times that he was Role-Playing an Arson/Cannibal/Addict/Psychopath and as "Horrible" as that sounds, it is completely legal. If you were a murderer talking to survivors on the radio, would you warn them that you're dangerous?? I seriously doubt you would, but according to chat-logs Xavier did make an attempt to reveal he wasn't "Stable" long before the events transpired (Specifically referring to his Drug-addiction).

After Thoughts:

While I am VERY SORRY you endured one of the "Evil" players on our server, you have to understand that they DO EXIST, and we strongly encourage Role-Play. We disabled PVP safety because we WANT these situations to be able to happen... That might sound harsh, but it adds extreme realism to our world (A greater sense of Danger, when you HAVE to worry about what you say on the Radio, and who you trust).

I have seen players like this "Xavier Jones" on our server before, and usually the server will band-together to eliminate these threats

to public safety (Much like would happen in a real situation with one trouble-maker and a group of survivors).

For example, there was a man named "Tex Canyon" during the first week of our server launch who murdered 5 players in one day (all while RP'ing), and set a building on fire. The remaining server population "hated" him and wanted to see him die... so they banded together and executed him outside of Giga Mart. Because our server ENFORCES player death, we have not seen Tex Canyon since.

I hope someone was able to kill/eliminate Xavier, as this would ensure we never see his character again (Or he would be banned for breaking our server perma-death rule).

I hope you do continue to play on our server Jethro, as we strongly believe it is one of the most realistic Zombie-Apocalypse RP server out there for PZ.

-Sally Sunder

P.S. I hope my explanation on Griefing was in-depth enough... It's a touchy subject, and within the realms of Role-play a lot of actions are acceptable. If you ever find a player burning everything to the ground, intentionally harassing (continual verbal abuse/interrogation) a player, or using game-breaking mechanics to exploit/kill people (Like hacking, or using other characters to reveal base locations and then sending an evil character there), then I will GLADLY ban them from the server.

Crap verdict in my opinion as we were supposed to figure out from a freaking "drug addiction" that he was insane while Scarlet and myself were just trying to run a group. He changed from hunting 'people' to destroying the base and attacking people he didn't know. His character isn't a madman or arson, he's just a jerk.

Scarlet and Jethro are not coming back. I would not recommend this server to anyone.

Only go to this server if you want to RP a madman, it's gone insane on the map. Nothing but trolls and one hacker.

Jethro,

Scarlet openly revealed your bases location to everyone on the radio (global chat).

In a server where we emphasize realism, RP, PVP (safety is disabled), and survival, why would anyone do this??

Thank you so very much for deciding to bash my server on the forums.

I assure people who read this that we have no hackers on our server (We watch the logs daily; as we did to settle Jethro's case).

I also assure people there are no "Trolls" that I have seen playing on our server.

I would gladly welcome Scarlet back, as she seems to have a good attitude and didn't act like a child when things didn't go her way.

Unfortunately Jethro I will not welcome you back.

JETHRO is the Troll.

Only a Troll would actively participate in a server WITHOUT reading the server rules, then lose their minds when something realistic happens to their characters in a PVP safety-disabled server (AGAIN: Anything can happen at ANY TIME). Then he decides (in BOLD TEXT) to attempt to classify this server as "ONLY TROLLS and ONE HACKER"   - Server bashing at it's finest.

Admins of our Server and other Servers:

Watch out for Jethro; His anger and language in-game are less than desirable for any server.

-Sally Sunder

P.S. This may sound like an angry rant, and to a degree it is.

I treat all players equally and try to form decisions based on the SERVER RULES, which I did here.

It's OK for you to have issues with my rulings; but DON'T make up lies about the server, and attempt to destroy something I have worked so hard to build when I did NOTHING TO WRONG YOU.

Sorry I can't come back knowing that was considered "realistic" role-playing. When I came online most days, if there was 7 other people on, chances were high that 6 of those people were "lol insane" gun toting murderers. Every single player trying to run a shelter is receiving threats over the radio from wannabe rapist murderers like Xavier.

Would his actions been considered fair role-playing if I had logged off at the same time the staff member did? If I had given up for the day and gone to bed? Would it be fair role-playing to just assume that when a person logs out you can pillage and ruin their work? Should the staff member log into that other character to be murdered too since realistically speaking she should have been there and murdered too?

And if he's high on pills and been murdering for 2 and a half years, he should not have a sane bone left in his body. All he does is talk smut and murder on the radio(I assume he was J Parker or one of those many other insane murderers plaguing West Point) and play innocent when someone new logs in for the day. Like he did to me. I wasn't even aware he was drug addicted. It was either mentioned before I logged on or my chat bugged up and all I saw was two people asking for safe haven. He was warned not to come to my base, and I waited and waited, because he claimed to already be in Muldraugh. When he didn't show I thought it was safe to resume real role-play, which is why I tried to recruit Felix. He seemed to have moved on until I was all the way in Dixie when he was talking about burning stuff. I thought it was because he was hunting Chedy at that point. I thought it was safe because he wasn't talking about violating my body anymore.

I completely get roleplay. I completely get trying to keep people in character. But obviously someone needs to rope up these insane characters and teach them what it would mean to be what they're calling insane. If he's high on pills he won't remember where my base is after a whole week and a half(Which is how long it took him to apparently find and destroy my base). If he's obsessed with eating human flesh he should have joint pain, uncontrollable shivering, and obviously have mental problems that present way earlier than 2 and a half years from eating said human flesh. If he can't do his research he shouldn't be playing "lol insane gun toting murderers".

Sorry, I'll miss the role-play, I'll miss a few people. But after my character was killed once again. I stayed logged off and just sat here feeling wronged. I whined to Jethro on why it wasn't fair and that it was the last time I was going to try this server. I was so sick of trying over and over just to get killed. I thought if I wasn't in West Point and survived the zombies long enough to find a weapon I would actually be safe. I thought if all the killers and psychos were in WP, I could be safe to rp in Muldraugh. I get that I'm foolish or think too "romantically", but that's how I've always been. I'm going to find a white list server that doesn't allow pvp. Since pvp instantly means everyone is out to kill you ever.

PS: Please ask Xavier to get that little skull thing over his character. I didn't see it when he shot me. He clearly has evil intentions so he needs to have that skull.