The Walking Dead: Season 5 [Possible Spoilers]

Deadend

MAKE SURE YOU'VE SEEN THE LATEST EPISODE BEFORE READING ANY FURTHER. DON'T WANT TO SPOIL ANYONE'S TWD EXPERIENCE.

Just saw the first episode.... Sooooo badass. Wow. Carol just literally owned the episode but Rick's escape was just incredible. He's like an elite badass. Its like when you piss him off he just goes nuts. Ahhhhh. Too excited for this season right now.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you seen any of "The Strain"?

Even though it is theoretically a 'vampire'-type series, I think they cover the excitement and stress of a zombie apocalypse far better than The Walking Dead TV show in my opinion (NOT the comics, mind you. They are fantastic)

The blending of a vampire/zombie mash-up has been well thought out, with reasonable explanations for the zombie-like freshly turned. Set in modern day USA, it does quite a good job of exposing the corruption of government and agencies, while still keeping you on your toes with lively night-time vampire (mis)adventures - no sitting round a campsite over-developing inter-character relationships for an entire episode (or season!).

Have you seen any of "The Strain"?

Even though it is theoretically a 'vampire'-type series, I think they cover the excitement and stress of a zombie apocalypse far better than The Walking Dead TV show in my opinion (NOT the comics, mind you. They are fantastic)

The blending of a vampire/zombie mash-up has been well thought out, with reasonable explanations for the zombie-like freshly turned. Set in modern day USA, it does quite a good job of exposing the corruption of government and agencies, while still keeping you on your toes with lively night-time vampire (mis)adventures - no sitting round a campsite over-developing inter-character relationships for an entire episode (or season!).

idk man, this episode was pretty badass. Full of action, firing, bullet drops, explosions, zombies on fire, swift melee kills, badassness, aggression, and some more badassness. Though I completely understand what you're saying. previous seasons and or episodes have been devoted to character relations too much.

That aside I know the scenario of the walking dead is just unlikely. The way they kill zombies now is like killing ants. So I mainly watch it for the badassness. 

... Definitely will look into The Strain  though.

Have not seen this new season yet, didn't even realise it was airing round about now, guess I've got some watching to do.

Altered the title just to be safe, as always with these sorts of threads. Spoiler tags are advised to be used if you be spoilin'

That first episode starts the season in a pretty epic way indeed :D  Zombies do look pretty anecdotal when the hero crew fights them, or that zombie camo poncho working a bit too well, but still it's a good show imo.
Plus, that scene where they prepare the men the be eaten, that's sick. Can't wait for the next episodes !

I watched that first season of The Strain and yeah, it's pretty good.

I liked the strain but it was not as good as the Walking Dead.

Oh @deprav we are not using the zed word. In the Walking Dead they are called walkers and some people get all upset about that LoL I am just kidding myself call them what you want. it is some thing I heard that you have to call them walkers and not zombies. :D

Everyone takes a turn at being the wuss. It just Tyreese turn. Hell Rick spent a lot of time being the wuss in the passed. Now it Rick time to be the man. Ok realy it was Carol who was doing the real butt kicking in the last episode. But she is trying to impress Daryl.

I always get annoyed when people accuse Rick of being a wuss. I thought it was some beautiful character development. He stood on the edge of losing his damn mind for so long, but then he saw his son exhibiting some of the same behavior he was and he realized what a monster he was becoming.

So he reeled it back in a bit and dedicated the next while to try and reign himself and his son in so that they both didn't go off the deep end and descend into madness. Obviously it couldn't stay like that, but I was glad to see the effort being made and I think the current Rick strikes an excellent balance between a good man just trying to get by and a mad man trying to survive in a world filled to the brim with raving lunatics.

Really like the series but I find hard to watch some times as being a parent you don't want to see bad thing happen to children even if it's just tv.

I know it's to make it more hard hitting and real for viewers.

And it does make you think lucky that is not real lol.

Crazy priest man is suspicious as all get out.

In other news, the first words that came out of my mouth when I saw the "Hunter" giving his speech was... "And you chose this prey to hunt? You should know better than that by now."

priest probably did some psycho thing like rape that blonde zombie rick smashed its head against a pipe and made it go boom lol. 

The hunters though, I love it. I love seeing different factions going to war basically and I'm getting the feeling this season ends with the two factions (hunters vs. Rick's) going at it for a final blow. But with the hunters being as sneaky as they were in episode 2, I'm getting the feeling awesome characters will die. Which makes sense since the group is way too big for travel right now.

Everytime that guy who gets his leg eaten got screen time by himself I always though something was about to happen to him. He was dead meat to me from the moment he was introduced lol. Funny to finally see him getting some screen time and bam something actually does happen lol.

The only inconsistency that's driving me crazy and pissing me off is :

Oh yeah, spoilers ahead.

It's when the group was saying "We do what Rick says". Sure you are, except when you don't. Did EVERYONE forget how they instantly dismissed Rick's word about "It's not over until they are all dead"? EVERYONE jumped on him with words like "man it's over, we're out, get over it, let's go". If they listened THAT time, SOMEONE wouldn't have had his leg chewed on.

The only inconsistency that's driving me crazy and pissing me off is :

Oh yeah, spoilers ahead.

It's when the group was saying "We do what Rick says". Sure you are, except when you don't. Did EVERYONE forget how they instantly dismissed Rick's word about "It's not over until they are all dead"? EVERYONE jumped on him with words like "man it's over, we're out, get over it, let's go". If they listened THAT time, SOMEONE wouldn't have had his leg chewed on.

DAMN right! seriously though. Didn't think about that but good catch. The only thing I thought about that part (scene) is how ridiculous it was for them to say "what she/he said" like 3 times. Such a fail at the show trying to be funny.

My opinion on the priest:

There's no way he's been scavenging for food, until now that is... He's been handing people over to the cannibals. People who come to him for either out of aid or spiritual guidance, and he does it in exchange for food. He's never left that church until the food stopped coming (when Rick and his gang blew up their shit) so now he's out, and his game will surely be up soon.

The season has been very good so far. Not a snoozefest! Not to be one of 'them' but I'm really waiting to view a shirtless Daryl scene. It must happen, and it must happen soon.

As far as the priest is concerned it's clear that he's done something shadey. No way is his slate clean.

My opinion on the priest:

There's no way he's been scavenging for food, until now that is... He's been handing people over to the cannibals. People who come to him for either out of aid or spiritual guidance, and he does it in exchange for food. He's never left that church until the food stopped coming (when Rick and his gang blew up their shit) so now he's out, and his game will surely be up soon.

Gotta agree with ya there mate! That's what I started to think when I was watching the episode.

Did you guys see this week episode ?

It was pretty cool but there's a nonsensical scenario twist : The ginger dude wants to gtfo of the church asap to protect the scientist from the cannibal threat, they agree to stay a bit longer and during that time they actually kill the cannibals. Which mean there's no more "direct" threat to protect the scientist from. So why the hell do they split the group ?

yeah but, the pressing factor was the ennemy group threatening them, as soon as the threat was gone they could have waited for Daryl & Carol for a bit longer and then go as one solid group.

Yep, your correct about this. At that moment, there was no further discussion, it was just; hop on a bus and go. Sloppy writing.

Archived