Learn A New Language!

Pravus

In honor of RJ's new preview video tradition of teaching us useful french phrases to say if ever we find ourselves in the middle of a French zombie apocalypes, I thought I'd teach everyone something from my neck of the woods!

Phrase: "Lawd a mercy!  I's headed out yonder t'ward the backy barn 'n ya'll ain't gone believe what I done seen!  One a them there fellers from down the holler, looked deader 'n a doornail he did, was layin' a mighty whoopin' on some other feller!  I didn'a want no part o' that ruckus so I runnoft!"

Translation: Goodness! I was walking in the direction of the tobacco barn when I beheld something unbelieveable!  A gentleman from the other side of the valley, who's appearance greatly resembled a corpse, was assaulting another gentleman!  I did not wish to get involved in their dispute and fled!

There you have it!  No need to thank me!  If ever you find yourself in Kentucky during a zombie apocalypse, this phrase might just save your life!  :P

Perhaps the rest of you could share how best to warn your fellow man/call for help if somehow the rest of us found a zombie/zombies in your hometown

Phrase: "Daaaamn G, I was headin' up to mah Pop's crib in order to get some sticks when I come across some brah all up in some bitch's face. I was totally gonna bust a cap all up in their ass but remembered I had more important things to do, so I split homey."

Translation: "My exclamations, fellow gentleman! I was meandering towards the home of my dear father in the hopes of retrieving a pack of cigarettes from him when I came upon the scene of two men in the  midst of a tussle. I would have used the gun I pretend to have in order to uphold an image, but opted to wuss out and run away."

We suffer from an infestation of white people teenagers pretending they're hardcore gang-bangers.

Ok, I dare you to try this in Finland :P: Hei kundit! Kelatkaa tätä. Meitsi dallas Flemarii, Bulikkaa päin, ku mun kärsään tuli iha sairas döfis. Sit käännyin tsiigaa nii tää kaiffari huoju meitsii päi snadis tuubas. Eka kelasin, et perus pulsu tulee taas jubaa snägäriflaidiksist, mut sit hogasin et jäbä oliki delannu ja yritti skruudaa meitsii! Onneks mul oli mora taskus nii leikkasin sille uuden öögan keskelle heduu.

Translation: Hey, fellows! Listen to me. I was walking down Fleming's street, heading to the Boulevard, when I smelled the most awful stench. I turned around to look and saw a man wobbling at me looking slightly hazed. At first, I figured he was just a regular old bum coming to discuss a local brawl at the hot dog stand, but then I realized that he was actually dead and tried to grab a chunk from me. Luckily I had my trusty knife in my pocket, so I pierced him another eye-socket in the middle of the head.

It's pronounced as it's written (similar to latin) with accent on the 1st, 3rd, 5th and so on syllable.

This is Stadin slangia or the Helsinki slang and it's spoken, "purely", by less than 1 percent of the population of Finland (not me). Most people in Finland won't probably understand but a few words and some linquistics have said that it's "pure" form could be considered as a separate language. However it's very intervowen in the youth slang of the capitol area today so it's more a slang than a language at it's current, most popular form.

Phase: G'day cobber, some buggered up yob is mungin on old matey's leg over there. Yeah nah, face like a smashed crab. My two bickies? Grab your ute and blue, and duck out.

Translation: hey there friend. A gentlemen with dishevelled attire and poor hygiene is chewing on a strangers leg. No, he doesnt appear appealing to my eyes. In my clear opinion, grab your utility vehicle and your sheep herding hound and leave this vicinity.

Thats is roughly what a conversation would sound like in country Australia

Phrase: Ey chap, can i sub a tab off you?

Or alternatively: Oi mate, can i bum a fag off you?

Translation: Hello good friend, mind if i take one of your cigarettes?

This proposed transaction of cancer sticks does not include the exchange of money and the response will either be: "Naa mate", or alternatively a disgruntled mumble under said cigarette holders breath may be heard as he begrudgingly parts with one of the twenty things he holds dear.

Alternate words for sub and bum: Nick, steal and plunder (if its pirate night).

Black country dialect: Bloomin' 'eck! Theres a bit of argy-bargy over there, and it 'ay pleasent! But i lamped 'em and them 'eds came off! It were bostin!

Translation: Look at that! Theres some fighting going on over there, and it isn't pleasent. But I beat them up, and their heads came off! it was great!

Or

Black country dialect: Thems were them zombies type, and they were 'alf soaked! Thems kept bawling and blartin', and it were drivin' me barmy! They had a go at lampin' me, but thems were cack handed, so they didn't get their snap. 

Translation: There were these zombies, and they were REALLY slow! They kept moaning and crying, and it was driving me crazy! They had a go at hitting me, but they were clumsy and slow, so they didn't get their food.

Archived