Steam Beta Release - 23rd Aug 2013 - Version 2.9.9.17

lemmy101

• The animation for destroying wall is a bit faster.

I don't know if this is a hack or something, but I discovered that I can speed up sledgehammer destruction and tree chopping by holding down the right mouse button after starting to swing with the left. It doesn't even seem to increase my exhaustion.

I <3 you debugger. Bug fixes seem to be much faster! (I know the debugger was announced a few weeks ago, but i couldn't comment until we saw it in action)

On a side note, I didn't know the "square of light" surrounding the player was a bug. I mean, I thought it was wierd, but it stood out so much (in low quality) that I thought "if they aren't fixing it, then they must want it in game" and I left it at that. 

Can't wait to see what the (eventual) stable desura build will look like!

Well I'd prefer it to not be pitch black all night, since that's not how it works in real life. It's not pitch black until about 11-12, and then the sun starts to peak and shed a little light around 3-4, then turns over to dawn.

It ultimately depends on the time of year for how long or short the nights are, and how dark they are. Here in Arizona, in the Summer, the sun sets at around 8 PM and comes up at around 5 AM, and the nights are much brighter, with some nights especially during full moons looking like practically broad daylight. In the Winter and Fall, the sun sets at around 6:30 PM and doesn't rise until about 7 AM, and the nights are much darker. I could imagine they are the same way in Kentucky. So it would be nice to see seasonal based day/night cycles with increased brightness in the summer months.

[New Stuff]

• When destroying something with items inside it (e.g. crates), the items are dropped on the ground.
  • If you destroy a crate and there's another crate on top of it, the crate fall.

Very nice, i was just about to request those :)

But there is something that always annoyed me:

Zombies always stay on player-made walls when they hit them until they destroyed it or you distract them.

I think that is a bit unfair, because a zombie would probably seek for a wall-hole rather than destroying player-walls where they don't care about normal walls.

This would only make sense if the zombie could see you through/on top of the wall...

• You can now add a sheet rope over self-made windows frame, let's build a stairway to heaven with a sheet rope !
  • Crafted door fixed !

I don't want to jinx it, but.... I'm predicting Insta-deaths on 3rd story sheetropes :mellow:

Wait.... forget that, does this

• Fixed various carpentry bugs.
  • You can now add a sheet rope over self-made windows frame, let's build a stairway to heaven with a sheet rope !
  • Crafted door fixed !

mean that "crafting clutter" & the inability to select foreground walls/doors/windows, 2nd story & up, has been looked at?

I don't want to jinx it, but.... I'm predicting Insta-deaths on 3rd story sheetropes :mellow:

Really ? Get ready for....

STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN ! (I'm also a Led Zep fan...) :

Climbed it without any problem :D

Nice! :)

So we'll need 3 sheetropes for 3rd story, 4 for 4th & so on?

(each to their own but old school rock vocals put me off a bit.... they're still better than post-hardcore\emo vocals though ;) )

(each to their own but old school rock vocals put me off a bit.... they're still better than post-hardcore\emo vocals though ;) )

That's it, 1 sheet rope per floor, but only 1 nails, whatever the floor you are.

Cool thing with that : Build stairs, then you build your safehouse at the second floor, add a sheet rope, destroy the stairs.... Invincible fort !

Well... Untill I finish gravity stuff... :D

(Psssss : They're still better than almost everything in da worlz, and I saw Robert Plant on stage, so I know what I say.. :D)

(each to their own but old school rock vocals put me off a bit.... they're still better than post-hardcore\emo vocals though ;) )

That's it, 1 sheet rope per floor, but only 1 nails, whatever the floor you are.

Cool thing with that : Build stairs, then you build your safehouse at the second floor, add a sheet rope, destroy the stairs.... Invincible fort !

(Psssss : They're still better than almost everything in da worlz, and I saw Robert Plant on stage, so I know what I say.. :D)

Gravity = Needing to figure out where to put supports on your safehouse in the sky so it doesn't collapse under you and kill you.

And since I'm horrendous at any form of mathematics required to do so, I'm just gonna Ann Frank it and hide in an attic when those are added.

Is it possible to destroy stairs now? with the sledgehammer??

i'm playing build .16, but i don't get the right-click-context-menu option, at least not with the sledgehammer in my primary hand.

but i also have some mods installed, maybe it's them??

stoked for build .17 btw., yeah, yeah, yeah, hoping it's coming.... soooooon!!! (clyde)

Well, with the sledgehammer you should be able to destroy stairs, it work here.. And I don't think I make some bug fix on that...

I'll test in .16 to be sure :)

I don't get the context option on ANY object.

didn't tried .16 vanilla tough, always modded it before starting a new world.

when i"m home, i"ll download a vanilla version and try it there (if i find a sledgehammer in time :cool: )

Really ? Get ready for....

STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN ! (I'm also a Led Zep fan...) :

2v0crd4.png

Climbed it without any problem :D

nice observation point))) what about z-guys they can see you as well as you can see them? 

Btw i suggest a "crates fence". It gives you benefits - undestroyable by zombies / still can be use for storing items / imposible to climb over / cheaper then regular fence(wall) / you can fight with group of zombies with plank (or fire arm) an they can`t hit you back (distance is our friend). Yes they can see you but thats all they can do. Same for garden but with Rain collector barrels.

Btw i suggest a "crates fence". It gives you benefits - undestroyable by zombies / still can be use for storing items / imposible to climb over / cheaper then regular fence(wall) / you can fight with group of zombies with plank (or fire arm) an they can`t hit you back (distance is our friend). Yes they can see you but thats all they can do. Same for garden but with Rain collector barrels.

Why would they want something that insanely, game-breakingly overpowered?