An Idea and Question Relating to Npcs!

PhantomWarlock

So, I can understand if you can't answer this, (Since NPC's kinda seem to be on the down-low) but will we be able to control how many NPC's will be in sandbox mode, similar to zombies in sandbox? 

And if so, say we remove all zeds from the sandbox map, and only add a bunch of survivors, will they still mention the zeds as if they are there?

The reason for asking is because I was thinking of simulating an economic collapse, to where the enemy is, well, basically your neighbors. I always thought that would be an interesting map. 

What do the rest you guys think? Love it? Hate it? Want to have it's babies? Want to eat it's babies? I want to know!  :D

I think that creating entire sets of dialogue based on the titular mode of playing without zombies would be the very definition of a waste of time.

My opinion being stated, it will probably be open to modding and the NPC's will likely function without zombies as well, so yes perhaps with a little skimming through scripts and such it would be entirely possible to do. Fairly straightforward as well I might assume.

I think that creating entire sets of dialogue based on the titular mode of playing without zombies would be the very definition of a waste of time.

My opinion being stated, it will probably be open to modding and the NPC's will likely function without zombies as well, so yes perhaps with a little skimming through scripts and such it would be entirely possible to do. Fairly straightforward as well I might assume.

No, I'm not saying to we-write new dialogue, just disable the ones involving zeds. I'm not asking for a new game.  :)

Yes you will. They won't act any differently. Hopefully the metagame NPCs will be able to deal with a zombie free world since their activities are based on chance and simulation rather than what is actually happening. They definitely won't act any differently. They'll still murder and plunder like there's no tomorrow.

That's not a problem at all.  :lol:

I fully agree with this as far as the development by the pz team goes.  However, a community full conversion along the lines of the stand or fallout or really any other post apocolyptic type title would be friggin awesome.

Edit: @cuddlepums Oh hey, we think alike!

Archived