No zombies or items

KarenB88

I tried resetting the game map by deleting the map and zombie files in the server/zomboid/multiplayer folder. This might have been a mistake. The server map is reset, but completely depleted of zombies and items.

I tried to run a soft reset with the fresh map, even though it didn't make much sense to me, seeing as there were hardly any map files to run the soft reset for. Turns out this causes the zombies and items to spawn, but only in the area I log in to. When I log out and in to a new location, this place will spawn as it should as well. However, when I then go back to a previously "logged-in" area the zombies are gone, but the items remain.

How do I restore the items and zombies in all of the game world?

EDIT: Oh, and also wanted to add - I'm using a freshly spawned character, so there should be no lingering map files from the old map.

I tried resetting the game map by deleting the map and zombie files in the server/zomboid/multiplayer folder. This might have been a mistake. The server map is reset, but completely depleted of zombies and items.

I tried to run a soft reset with the fresh map, even though it didn't make much sense to me, seeing as there were hardly any map files to run the soft reset for. Turns out this causes the zombies and items to spawn, but only in the area I log in to. When I log out and in to a new location, this place will spawn as it should as well. However, when I then go back to a previously "logged-in" area the zombies are gone, but the items remain.

How do I restore the items and zombies in all of the game world?

EDIT: Oh, and also wanted to add - I'm using a freshly spawned character, so there should be no lingering map files from the old map.

Have you tried verifying your games file integrity in the game's property panel on Steam?

That's the only thing I could think to do, as I am not a humble internet warrior wizard. :cry: