Waffles vs Pancakes

MashPotato

The Ultimate Question!  

2292 members have voted

1. 1. Which is better: pancakes or waffles?

• PANCAKES
    • WAFFLES

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

While Waffles have a place in my heart, I must admit that personally I do enjoy pancakes more frequently. However such a question cannot be answered without good old fashion factual evidence. (The following was not me spending 4 hours looking through this topic and writing a 500 word essay on why one is better or the other. What are you talking about?)

Firstly, when people look at such a question as to waffles or pancakes they tend to compare this question to others such as apples or oranges. However this would imply that those two foods are different in anyways other than the process by which they are cooked. As many know, Pancakes and Waffles are made of generally the same ingredients, the difference being in how they are cooked.

To start, Pancakes are softer and easier to eat. They can also be fully on the inside and crispy around the edges. Pancakes are denser and more filling than waffles. this allows you to walk away easier with a full stomach and ready to start the rest of your day with a nice filling boost. 

You really can't screw up a plain waffle too badly; there's a reason why frozen Eggo waffles are an American classic. Pancakes get soggy way quicker than waffles. This allows for more versatility and user friendliness to waffles than you might see with pancakes. Depending on the cooking method, waffles have a slightly faster cook time by round thirty seconds which allows you to squeeze every second out of that 15 minutes you have to get up, shower, eat, and get to work in. (This is what happens when you stay up playing PZ until 3 in the morning.)

Before we take a look at the true winner of this contest based on the very basic facts provided. Allow me to introduce what nearly everyone within those forums is aware of, In game statistics. By default the states go as follows:

Pancakes:

• -20 hunger when fresh
  • 210 calories
  • 6 proteines
  • 2 fat
  • 42 carbohydrates.
  • -10 Unhappiness

Location wise, Pancakes can be found in refrigerators and bakery display cases.

Waffles:

• -15 hunger when fresh
  • 80 calories
  • 80 carbohydrates
  • 3 proteins
  • and 4 fat.
  • -10 Unhappiness 

Location wise, Waffles can be found in bakeries and candy store display cases.

In a world where bit of calorie, carb, protein and fat you can squeeze out of food to avoid starvation against your character who is constantly exerting themselves and losing weight from fighting zombies every day. The two line up as a clear choice as to what you should focus on. With a greater hunger loss and more calories which allow for greater endurance in the long term and needing to eat less. The clear winner is the beloved Pancakes.

Now for the real question.. What is the best pie?

• 1 month later...
On 7/24/2013 at 4:31 PM, MashPotato said:

Ooh for a while pancakes was winning by a ratio of 2:1, but waffles have taken the lead again!

...I'm far too interested in this ;)

Your waffles hold no weight here, and if you remove the holy pancake spawn just to pump your precious waffles you will feel the full wrath of FINRA and the SEC!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 months later...