Your Favorite Weapon?

Frying Pan

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Until I can find a bat, or even better, an axe, then I usually prefer the frying pan as a starting weapon. It has good durability, not bad range, and once you get used to it, is quite effective.

The bat, or nailed bat are even better, due to the range, (although they do wear out).

Favourite has to be the axe, due to it's range, damage, and of course you can cut down trees with it.... (clyde) (clyde)

Crowbar due to it being naturally one-handed.  Leaves secondary hand free for carrying a second big bag.

I'll have to give the axe more of a try since its so popular and since we're currently playing bedford (build 28) and have ridiculous amounts of everything.  I know axe can be 2h or 1h but I'm not sure how effective it is 1h, or if that even currently matters since when I use bats 1h they seem to do as well as 2h.

We're still fairly new and I'm just now messing with pistols and those are fun to use even if they are magnets.  The epic slaughter to get skill via shotgun was fun but not something that's practical full time (the drawing of dozens at a time).

What's extra funny is I've had times in MP where I kept dying due to being and idiot or bad luck and kept respawning and being stuck with butter knives or nothing as my only weapon, and you can one-shot zombies with a butter knife (for the 1-3 hits they last for).  Some of the simple 1h blades are remarkably effective even if they only last a few hits.  I did pretty well with no weapon - just shoving zombies down and curb stomping them, even 2-3 at a time.

I love the bat, or any 2 handed weapon because of its ability to knock down multiple zeds at once, making it possible to melee down a horde. However, Bats don't have an amazing durablity, golf clubs and pool sticks are a joke. I'd likely have to go with frying pan, mostly because of the durablity.

for me it is the spade without a doubt, great range, dmg and swing really fast and its invisible !! unless that was changed in recent patch.

I never even thought to use the spade, so gonna have to try this now.

For me, axe and frying pan are my favs.  The kitchen knife is pretty badass too, but it wears out hella fast.

Mostly overseen: Knives and Forks. They are very unique weapons cause you need one for every fight, so you can leave a broken cutlery in every corpse, make them know that you are the  Forkmaster!

And when your standing over a dead corpse, with your broken, bloody spoon in both hands... you can say hey I got that one with a spoon. 

I like the spoon, because you start fighting a zombie with a spoon, and then... there is no spoon. Spoons suck

When dealing with one or two, I usually don't use weapons at all. When hordes, I use baseball bats. I've never used a gun for fighting zombies.