The Beginning

CheezeIsGouda

Here's a random idea I came up with. It would be very cool to implement into the game, but it would be very hard, and would require a lot of time. It would also have to come out after NPCs are implemented.

Here it is: In the Sandbox options menu, there would be a "Start from the beginning" check box. (I can't really think of another way you would go about starting something like this, other than that.) When you check it off and finish setting up sandbox and hit play, WHAT HAS HAPPENED, I SAY? (tophat)  You have spawned into your jobs building in the map. (Police: PD. Security guard: Bank. Unemployed: in an alleyway or in a cheap house. etc.) The next thing is that there would be human NPCs walking around the map, doing their normal business. You may think this is strange, but no. "Start from the beginning" means beginning of the OUTBREAK. Or however else the zombies came to Kentucky. After about 10 minutes of being in the game, the NPCs would start talking about how some strange virus is going around, and then that triggers the game to infect about a third of the NPCs currently alive on the saved game. After however long you set on Sandbox for the virus to take effect, the population will start turning and CHAOS HAPPENS!  :eek:

Summary: Basically, it's a mode where you get to see the outbreak start and consume Kentucky. I think this would be AMAZING, because seeing people zombify, and have chaos unfold unto the citizens of Kentucky... That's just something you usually don't see in a zombie game.  :-|

Suggested over a thousand times :)

Oh it has? Dang.

It's a confirmed no, I'm afraid. :) It'd essentially be building a second game, at least as far as the AI is concerned.

DANGNABBIT.  :mad: Guess I'm gonna have to stick with mods to let me spawn tons of humans when NPCs come out, to create it myself. :D

(In my mind it didn't seem that hard if they only added a couple of lines of code for the random infection, large NPC spawn amounts, and tiny new dialogue lines.)